Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hahah yeah, slom, go get 'em guys.

Hey Erin, when was the last time the carbon monoxide detector in this thread was replaced?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

stab posted:

Also just read the last page what in the gently caress have I created

poo poo load of memes

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Also I don't have slom so I try to fix my own car

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

MJeff posted:

Hey Erin, when was the last time the carbon monoxide detector in this thread was replaced?

Well, that explains the periodic high-pitched beeping I've been hearing.

Wait...Beeping...Beepie...

Oh no.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Come on thread getting a little personal in here

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Alan_Shore posted:

I think if you're a fan of a wrestler, and then they're paid to only sit in catering, and you're happy and supportive over it, you're a loving moron

Hell yeah I'm supportive of my friends shitposting with me while they're in catering, getting paid enough to support their families and I can hang out with them years later and their brains aren't mush so they can actually have a conversation.

Wrestle safe, wrestle well, get that SLOM everytime

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Dave is that you

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Wait...Beeping...Beepie...

Oh no.

the beepie is coming from within the performance center

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Sex Farm posted:

Do you know some wrestlers or something?

Stab is IRL friends with a large number of wrestlers from the Montreal area. I'll leave it to the man himself to name drop if he wants to, but yes, including a couple of guys who could have gone to AEW but both decided to stay in WWE for that SLOM.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MJeff posted:

Beepie should have a CO detector with a dying battery gimmick and every 30 seconds he should beep loudly. the announcer could say “From Dave Meltzer’s house…Beepie Junior!”. I should get Slom for my ideas. Eat My Slom.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Also it should be obvious that my criticism is not of the wrestlers getting that bag, but of the companies giving them that bag and never using them, because it just seems kind of dumb to sign someone to a big money contract and then pay them to sit in catering

I don't blame someone for taking that money, just as I don't blame someone for getting frustrated because they actually want to do the job they were hired to do :shrug:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

stab posted:

Let me tell ya something buddy, getting that SLOM to NOT need a wheelchair when you're 50 is every vet wrestlers dream

JTG is the greatest of all time

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

JTG is the greatest of all time

Legit an inspiration to me and my boys

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

Come on thread getting a little personal in here

i got a bone to pick with you shard!!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i got a bone to pick with you shard!!

But...but you told me we'd be best buds forever!!!

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Sex Farm posted:

Do you know some wrestlers or something?

I don't know if I would qualify SexxyEddy as a "wrestler"

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

My genius plan is to become a wrestler, a job that by necessity involves me hurting myself constantly, in the hopes that I will become so successful I will no longer have to be a wrestler and can just sit down instead.

Brilliant.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
If the wrestler is content being paid SLOM to do nothing, I'm happy for them. If the wrestler is sad being paid SLOM to do nothing, I'm angry for them.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This match loving rules

Oh god this is really in the wrong thread

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Long-Time Lurker posted:

If the wrestler is content being paid SLOM to do nothing, I'm happy for them. If the wrestler is sad being paid SLOM to do nothing, I'm angry for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYgs6DDlbk4

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Long-Time Lurker posted:

This is the correct approach

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shard posted:

This match loving rules

Oh god this is really in the wrong thread

E-Drone spotted!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i always get a kick out of watching No-Bump wrestlers do indie matches and find more and more creative ways to never bump not even for their own moves

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Same fam.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i always get a kick out of watching No-Bump wrestlers do indie matches and find more and more creative ways to never bump not even for their own moves

i watched dan barry take a cutter from sami callihan on a wm weekend card and he not only didnt bump but he managed to roll and handspring from a kneeling position over the rope and gingerly roll onto the apron then floor landing on his feet and then laid down very gently, it was wild

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Alan_Shore posted:

My genius plan is to become a wrestler, a job that by necessity involves me hurting myself constantly, in the hopes that I will become so successful I will no longer have to be a wrestler and can just sit down instead.

Brilliant.

And in an ironic twist, it turns out that Creative does have something for you! :twisted:

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Sydney Bottocks posted:

And in an ironic twist, it turns out that Creative does have something for you! :twisted:

Oh no, my tendons!

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Gentle Bumps

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

neoaxd posted:

you've been spreading lies that I'm on the slom big time, hey laa hey laaa, chris benoit provided for his family

did we ever hear the full version of this song or was it always cut off at the same moment

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

Well, it's a marvelous night for a slomdance
With the stars up above in your eyes

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the DX supplicants, they chose a new form for him - that of a giant SLOM! Many Punks and Jades knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of a SLOM that day, I can tell you!

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Open Marriage Night posted:

Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the DX supplicants, they chose a new form for him - that of a giant SLOM! Many Punks and Jades knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of a SLOM that day, I can tell you!

:golfclap:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i watched dan barry take a cutter from sami callihan on a wm weekend card and he not only didnt bump but he managed to roll and handspring from a kneeling position over the rope and gingerly roll onto the apron then floor landing on his feet and then laid down very gently, it was wild

I read this as former funny Miami columnist Dave Barry and was just :wtc:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Being happy for wrestlers SLOMmibg it in catering is one thing, but please don't frame it as a glorious victory for labor. WWE is making more money than ever, they absolutly don't care if you passive-aggressively tweet that catering is out of dips.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's me, hi, I'm the Beepie it's me

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
when are the slommy awards happening this year?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sometimes I feel like everybody is a sexy Beepie...

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
His name is Beyond Pillman, not British Pillman. Obama is just trying to besmirch his good name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Une beepie?

Only registered members can see post attachments!