Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

SIGSEGV posted:

Once you know some mystical secrets, you can ignore shooting the spheres. While flying your horse you can trade elevation for speed and also tap jump every now and then to regain elevation at no speed cost. It's very good.

Yeah in English, when you're flying the horse, tilt downwards at like a 30 degree angle and mash jump. Every time the horse flaps it wings it will add like 1 mile per hour to how fast you were already going, until you are jet speed and can easily catch up to the big worm. Adjust the downward angle slightly to keep the altitude you want.

You still want to throw frisbee at things flying towards you so they don't knock you off the horse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

DoombatINC posted:

Poorly explained mechanics that have no signposting and no relevancy outside that moment, a Warframe staple :allears:

No joke, every time there's a Ropalolyst nightwave I end up doing it twice: once in a public party where me and three other players stand around saying "now wtf are we supposed to do at this part again" until people start dropping party, and once solo with the wiki open on a second monitor

Puttin' the lol in rapololyst!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Zero VGS posted:

You still want to throw frisbee at things flying towards you so they don't knock you off the horse.

Warframe has an honor it shares with the Kingdom Hearts and Soulsborne series: it is impossible to tell "somebody bullshitting to be funny" from "actual honest, useful discussion" unless you're already very familiar with the specific thing being talked about.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

For whatever reason pretty much whenever I do MP Duviri I get massive latency which makes the worm grappling almost impossible.

Agents are GO! posted:

Warframe has an honor it shares with the Kingdom Hearts and Soulsborne series: it is impossible to tell "somebody bullshitting to be funny" from "actual honest, useful discussion" unless you're already very familiar with the specific thing being talked about.

I like to toggle on kid mode and just teleport through difficult platforming challenges.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Latest quest update: I would kill and die for Tagfer.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Agents are GO! posted:

it's a shame they had to fix zorencoptering but bullet jumping is a better mechanic overall. that said, maybe they'll bring it back if we see an incarnon form for the dual zoren.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Agents are GO! posted:

Skateboards and ponies should be buffed and made viable alternatives to jetpacks.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Agents are GO! posted:

If you're worried about your health or energy, bring plenty of pizzas. Good advice for Warframe and life.

FZeroRacer posted:

it's a shame they had to fix zorencoptering but bullet jumping is a better mechanic overall. that said, maybe they'll bring it back if we see an incarnon form for the dual zoren.

None of you know this, but coptering is the fastest poo poo in the game still and works on any frame. I should record a video.

Edit:

Here, this is my Inaros, not that I ever play Inaros but just to show you how fuckin' fast spin attacks can be even on a dirt slow frame:

https://i.imgur.com/rWnOSLj.mp4
and I'm on a controller lol

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Feb 14, 2024

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

None of you know this, but coptering is the fastest poo poo in the game still and works on any frame. I should record a video.

Edit:

Here, this is my Inaros, not that I ever play Inaros but just to show you how fuckin' fast spin attacks can be even on a dirt slow frame:

That is hilarious.

The drifter can get stupid fast in Duviri with a pile of decrees and fleet-footed. I had 80 some yesterday and was out of control. The op in the undercroft gets those bonuses as well on top of magus cadence.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Harminoff posted:

So I just started playing this game on xbox (with kbm) and not really looking at guides or anything, just completing each stage on each planet. Am I good to do that until I complete them all, or should I be reading a bunch of Wiki stuff (I wouldn't even know where to start there)

I am just auto installing mods for now while I collect them.

If you keep on the star chart path unlocking planet junctions, you won't really need to be looking much up. If you stop to do a bunch of open world stuff at Cetus or Fortuna or the Necralisk, you might run into some more complicated stuff earlier, like eidolon hunts.

There are junctions you need to clear to unlock a new planet, with objectives you need to clear before you enter the junction. Often these junctions will either require you to do a quest from the quests console, or give you a quest to do (that the next junction might require). The early game uses these early quests to drip-feed you new systems to interact with, like Venus Junction will give you a blueprint for what's likely your first companion, Mars Junction will give you the quest that unlocks the archwing to move around in space missions, and Europa Junction will give you The New Strange, which teaches you how to do synthesis for Simaris so you can use the synthesis points to buy stuff from him at relays.

Some basic early game advice to keep it simple:
  • You don't have to do Saya's Vigil, Vox Solaris, or Heart of Deimos when you first get the quests. They're a little higher level than the content surrounding them. You can come back to them a planet or two later.
    If you're buying equipment for credits from the Arsenal menu, don't get used to that. Most new weapons are acquired by going to the Market console, selecting the weapon, and clicking the Buy Blueprint button, then crafting in the Foundry.
  • Upgrade mods when possible. One fully upgraded mod is typically more powerful and valuable to equip than like four or five unupgraded mods. You will basically want to put Serration/Point Blank/Hornet Strike/Pressure Point on every weapon, so prioritize upgrading those.
  • The game really wants you to join a clan; lots of important useful equipment is only or primarily acquired from your clan dojo's labs. Whether goon clan or otherwise, you'll want to clan up, even if you don't really do any multiplayer gameplay.
  • There are a few different ways you acquire new warframes. It always involves building three parts and then putting the three parts together with a final blueprint, but each warframe's parts are available from a different source. The simple accessible early warframes are gotten one of three ways: a) Most Assassination missions always drop one of the three parts for a specific warframe (like Venus Assassination always drops a Rhino part), and then you Buy Blueprint to put them together from the in-game Market's Warframes section. b) Clan dojo Tenno Lab has all the parts for several warframes, including the versatile and easy-to-use Wukong. c) Some quests exist to give you the parts for a warframe, like The Limbo Theorem is how you get Limbo.
  • Later on, there's a pretty complicated nemesis system that's easy to accidentally opt into. You don't have to worry about this until you both beat the War Within quest late in the star chart and hit Mastery Rank 5+, but at that point, Grineer missions may spawn enemies called Kuva Larvlings that don't die when their health is depleted, instead being downed and vulnerable to a finisher. Doing a finisher on them will spawn a nemesis. You won't want to do this until you've read at least some wiki stuff.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Zero VGS posted:

If you're worried about your health or energy, bring plenty of pizzas. Good advice for Warframe and life.

Edit:

I can feel the RSI just looking at that.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that looks about as fast as haste mote, at best.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

chumbler posted:

I can feel the RSI just looking at that.

any time zero vgs is showing something off you can be pretty sure there is a macro behind it

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
I switched from my main keyboard to one with optical switches literally because my pinky was rioting from all of lctrl and shift shuffling this game needs.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

My biggest recommendation for any new player using kb/m is to remap crouch off of ctrl and on to something more comfortable immediately. I use a mouse button.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The Russians used a pencil. :smuggo:

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

They didn't, they used a grease pen like everyone else, pencils generate graphite fragments and those are conductive and you really don't want those to interact intimately with your electrical systems, including the exposed ones in the air conditioning that circulates the air in your spacecraft that hasn't got any gravity to sediment them away.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I'm still using my pinky to hit control, I didn't realize most people were using grease pens :(

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

At the right angle in your watch's strap, you just need a tiny wrist rotation to get it done.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I also still use my pinky but I've been doing that for twenty+ years with no problems, playing bass guitar may or may not help here. That being said I'd also recommend remapping the button to anyone who is even slightly bothered by that hand/wrist motion, you'll be doing it a lot and quite rapidly.

Zero VGS posted:

Edit:

Hell yeah, zoren coptering has been gutted and nerfed but it still works for sure, what up fellow Balla enjoyer. I feel like there are definitely faster methods here but spinning around like a crazy person is surprisingly controllable. You just have to watch out for accidentally slam attacking out of the air.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Awesome! posted:

any time zero vgs is showing something off you can be pretty sure there is a macro behind it

Ya well, DE specifically said slide attack macros are fine and that's all I'm using. Simply "CTRL+E" rapidly, I think 7 times per second in that example. You don't actually want to do it too fast because most of the "travel" is near the end of the slide animation, for daggers.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that looks about as fast as haste mote, at best.

Not sure what Haste Mote you're seeing that good, but I'm first to every hack point in a Netracell even if I have Gauss/Wukong in the party. I'm tying or beating Titanias. Lemme know if you wanna race and I'll make another video :P

Funny enough Haste Mote / Volt Speed are the only things that slow me down, because the attacks go too fast which makes the macro skip. I could program in some alternate timing for those events but it would get complicated.

And again, the point is it works on any frame. You can't count on Haste Motes all along your path unless you're Wisp. Maybe you're doing an Archon/Orowyrm fight and want to be Revenant so you can Mesmer Shield everyone else to make sure they can't die. Slide attacks with attack speed + parkour works on him and anyone else was my point.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

That was kinda my point about controllability. The only time I really do that coptering is on Valk and it isn't macro'd so I'm certain you could make a more movement-efficient approach to it, but just slinging yourself forward chunk by chunk is a little bit more controllable than flinging yourself into walls with Gauss or, especially, Titania. You get a rhythm going with the coptering that, imo, makes things a little more easy to control than even simply running around as a hyper sped up Wisp/Volt speedster. In a race I'd put money on someone who had built around as much extra parkour speed as possible and was really good at navigating a map, or just a straight line, first. But quickly coptering around is still definitely viable for speed.

And I almost want to say my Valk coptering isn't as viable in the air because I'm usually just holding down ctrl and you might need to time individual ctrl+E presses in the air.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
May have missed 1999, but I didn't miss day 2000!

Faxanadus
Oct 16, 2023
That might be

Zero VGS posted:

This might be even faster with a claw weapon that has the claw uppercut dash move, you can move really fast with that with higher attack speeds. Also, if you're in the air and you use a power that would normally lock you in place on the ground, you can cancel the dash and carry over the momentum for the entire cast duration.

*meant to say claw weapon

Faxanadus fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Feb 15, 2024

Curtana
Feb 17, 2011

Echophonic posted:

Here's mine, which has proven VERY stupid and very fun. It's also only* 7 forma! I also have two tau shield, one casting speed, one energy on spawn, and a power strength shard set in him.

I love nourish and intrepid stand on Styanax too!

I'm a little surprised to see arcane avenger, primed redirection, primed vigor and streamline on that build, though. I feel like Styanax's abilities don't mesh with those mods at all, so I went with blind rage, more range mods and molt augumented on my build, for example. Do you feel like you make use of your choices there when you play him?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Echophonic posted:

What the gently caress have you done to Space Mom?!

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Faxanadus posted:

This might be even faster with a claw weapon that has the claw uppercut dash move, you can move really fast with that with higher attack speeds.

I tested every weapon type, claws are just a little bit slower, they have more travel on each spin attack but the spin attack animation takes longer than Dagger

Oddly "Fist" weapons have the exact same slide attack animation as claws, and both of their heavy attacks are called "Three Lessons" but they have different forced procs.

I settled on Balla because:

- Fastest Dagger

- Shortest Spin attack animation of any weapon type, by a lot, which lets you more easily avoid ramming into corners, and getting out of them if you do

- Strips base armor with Argonak

- The base armor strip gets exponentially multiplied in packs using Exodia Force AoE, and all my builds subsume and spam Pull so things are usually grouped

- Stinging Thorn stance has a lot of forced Slash on neutral, and forced Slash on heavy, which not only goes through armor but each tick strips more armor with Argonak

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Echophonic posted:

Congrats.

And that's, uh... a creepy-rear end Lotus there. :stonk:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Curtana posted:

I love nourish and intrepid stand on Styanax too!

I'm a little surprised to see arcane avenger, primed redirection, primed vigor and streamline on that build, though. I feel like Styanax's abilities don't mesh with those mods at all, so I went with blind rage, more range mods and molt augumented on my build, for example. Do you feel like you make use of your choices there when you play him?

I was building for his passive, it's base 117% crit chance, which feels pretty nice. As for Avenger, I actually noticed I still had Energize there from my old build and just figured more crit more better. I'll probably think a bit more and flex that one over. The spears don't seem like they'd get that much more damage and they're plenty kill-y at 209%. Streamline helps get the build moving at the start of Netracells, I have just enough energy to hit Nourish, Rally Point, and spear the opening enemies.

Nordick posted:

What the gently caress have you done to Space Mom?!

It's her Amaga skin from the Duviri launch. I changed it for a change of pace, but got used to it.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Feb 15, 2024

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Quote isn't edit. :negative:

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

I bought a multi-button foot pedal to help take some pressure off my aching hands, works okay having mapped one to crouch and another to sprint.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Well, I hope this Tenet Spirex I'm chasing ends up good, because I really don't feel like ever doing Granum Void again to get another sister.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
tenet spirex is an okay gun held back by an aoe so small it is effectively single target. it has nice sfx, at least.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Oh. Tenet Spirex you say? Not an amazing gun IIRC.

Weird headshot pistol.

Tenet Cycron is nice alternative to K.Nukor or Gaze kitgun.

The main trick to making Granum void easy is the Xoris and some kind of defensive power. It's explosions one shot a bunch of specters then one shots a bunch of the specters ghosts.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Granum Void is really insanely easy once you get your head around it. Throw the Xoris with the middle button onto a bunch of mobs and middle button again to explode it. That will kill some/all of them, leaving some shinies mid-air. Throw/explode the Xoris onto the shinies to charge the Xoris. When the Xoris is fully charged (3 shinies iirc), the next explosion is a supermassive aoe that will nuke everything in a huge radius, scattering plenty more shinies. From there just keep doing it and you'll get the highest tier every single time (note that to spawn a Sister, you only need to reach the 1st tier, which should be close to impossible to fail).

If you're really desperate for time, just kite mobs towards one of the 3 captured solaris: when you super-explode the Xoris near them, they get freed and give you plenty of extra time.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Well, I hope this Tenet Spirex I'm chasing ends up good, because I really don't feel like ever doing Granum Void again to get another sister.

It's a gun that was decent at the time but has been left pretty far behind now because others in its niche are far better. Its special reload speed function is also kind of soured by its normal reload being really bad, and its multishot accuracy is also pretty shoddy (the main bullet is still accurate though). It's not bad, but if you've got access to a lex incarnon there's no reason to use it.

Unfortunately you are not done with granum void unless you don't want protea or are willing to wait for her prime. And yeah, you should be doing it with the xoris if you're doing it at all, then it's mostly just tedious.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i have never used the xoris except for the quest granum void. for 75 kill voids for protea i just used mesa and for 25 kills for sisters i used a kuva tonkor. i have never failed a void.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

FishMcCool posted:

Granum Void is really insanely easy once you get your head around it. Throw the Xoris with the middle button onto a bunch of mobs and middle button again to explode it. That will kill some/all of them, leaving some shinies mid-air. Throw/explode the Xoris onto the shinies to charge the Xoris. When the Xoris is fully charged (3 shinies iirc), the next explosion is a supermassive aoe that will nuke everything in a huge radius, scattering plenty more shinies. From there just keep doing it and you'll get the highest tier every single time (note that to spawn a Sister, you only need to reach the 1st tier, which should be close to impossible to fail).

If you're really desperate for time, just kite mobs towards one of the 3 captured solaris: when you super-explode the Xoris near them, they get freed and give you plenty of extra time.
Ok the middle button would be the thing, since it's years since I last played this mode

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Ok the middle button would be the thing, since it's years since I last played this mode

Yeah, not sure if it's explained anywhere, but all glaives work like that: alt-fire long press melee to throw, and alt-fire/heavy attack (middle button by default) midair to detonate.

edit: fixed

FishMcCool fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
You can also hold attack to throw, if you don't have the new auto-attack on.