Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Diet Crack posted:

Allister just hatched from his incubator and missed the past 16 years.
Woke housing crisis.

All houses to be pansexual by 2044 :manning:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The self image the country had, in my head.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Guavanaut posted:

Woke housing crisis.

Every house in Britain has a unisex bathroom.
Makes u think

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
god of course the Telegraph has a whole tag for Woke

looking up the new Woke news, one has to stay up-to-date on current trends in Wokery

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

sinky posted:

Every house in Britain has a unisex bathroom.
Makes u think

on what timescale?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/PolitlcsUK/status/1757914090226491395

lol

[e: I'm lolling because everything is exploding in Keith's face, and Ali has the perfect "Haha!" smugface :smug:]

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Feb 15, 2024

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Guys, I don't think the PLP are very good at politics.

Lol.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Aren't these usually heavily skewed by historical data? Like how good the turnout for those parties was in the previous elections?

So if say there had been a genuinely popular leader in 2017 and 2019, wouldn't that lead to falsely inflated predictions for a slab of perpetually worried ham with the charisma of a depressed accountant?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Aren't these usually heavily skewed by historical data? Like how good the turnout for those parties was in the previous elections?

So if say there had been a genuinely popular leader in 2017 and 2019, wouldn't that lead to falsely inflated predictions for a slab of perpetually worried ham with the charisma of a depressed accountant?

As an office admin on escitalopram, I resent that description of Starmer. :colbert:

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
same except paroxetine. everyone thinks i'm funny and nice and i've been told i "bring a unique vibe". starmer has never brought any kind of vibe.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I’ve had shits that were more inspiring than Keith Starmer

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

i imagine i'm missing something but what's the problem

a rotund guy with better than average palestine opinions running an unremarkable ad

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Recession again, good job team we did it

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Google Jeb Bush posted:

a rotund guy with better than average palestine opinions running an unremarkable ad

I think its just a case of guy handed lemons happily makes lemonade.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

kecske posted:

Recession again, good job team we did it

Seems to be about the same as the rest of the Europe, as you'd expect with punitive rate hikes over the last couple of years. I guess it's how quick the UK recovers vs EU that would be an indicator of anything?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Oh. This is going to have the gammons and the dogshit columnists frothing at the mouth for days. Weeks even

The Weaver line is of course named after Jackie Weaver who became briefly famous for a shouty zoom call during lockdown when everyone lost their mind with boredom.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

smellmycheese posted:

The Weaver line is of course named after Jackie Weaver who became briefly famous for a shouty zoom call during lockdown when everyone lost their mind with boredom.

Please say sike right now PLEASE

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Weak.

Should have called them:

Gay
I'm Gay
ACAB
Free Palestine
Ban Cars

and

Nonwhites Only

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Mildmay after the best PM in recent memory.

Can't wait to ride the suffragette

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Microplastics posted:

Nonwhites Only

That would be the Windrush Line. :colbert:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Ms Adequate posted:

?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Microplastics posted:

Nonwhites Only
Six new coloured lines and not one single white one :mad:

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Remember, activists: If you fight real hard, you might get a tube line named after your cause.

That's all, though.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Still waiting for the de Menezes Line

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Ms Adequate posted:

Appparently it's just named that because it goes through some areas of london which had big textile factories during the industrial revolution.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Failed Imagineer posted:

Still waiting for the de Menezes Line

I imagine they'd shoot down that idea in an instant.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/GypsyTravellerM/status/1757767490812227664

Google Jeb Bush posted:

There's no problem, I fully support his stance, and I find it hilarious that everything is going bad for Keith. I posted his face because he has the perfect smug face.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Feb 15, 2024

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Turnout in previous elections is pretty much all we have to predict future turnout. I think MRP did quite well in 2017 but also think it's likely that it is underestimating Tory turnout this time mainly due to the number of people saying they are undecided or may not vote which is far higher than normal.

It has to be asked when the push really comes to shove, will those who are saying they are undecided or won't vote but have voted Tory at the last ten general elections turn out as usual. My money is on most of them doing so.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Just heard Rishi referred to as Prime Miniature, and I'm giggling like a schoolgirl at it.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Azza Bamboo posted:

I imagine they'd shoot down that idea in an instant.

:drat:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

happyhippy posted:

Just heard Rishi referred to as Prime Miniature, and I'm giggling like a schoolgirl at it.

Also the Subprime Minister, Half-Pint Minister, etc.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Prime Mini-ster

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

Zalakwe posted:

It has to be asked when the push really comes to shove, will those who are saying they are undecided or won't vote but have voted Tory at the last ten general elections turn out as usual. My money is on most of them doing so.

Polls really need to have two options:

- don’t know or care enough to vote

- know and care too much to let me vote for any of these cunts

I’d guess 70% of so of this forum is in the second group; to what degree is it nationally significant?

Pretty sad if Starmer does something pathetic that causes people to join that group, and gets only the feedback ‘Tories more popular this week; better copy them harder’.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Every taxi driver round here (my ongoing metric for the common man; Uber drivers in Sheffield) has been going on about how poo poo Starmer and New New Labour are. It's great.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

radmonger posted:

Polls really need to have two options:

- don’t know or care enough to vote

- know and care too much to let me vote for any of these cunts

I’d guess 70% of so of this forum is in the second group; to what degree is it nationally significant?

Pretty sad if Starmer does something pathetic that causes people to join that group, and gets only the feedback ‘Tories more popular this week; better copy them harder’.

That's why you say you'll vote Green or for some exciting lefty fringe weirdo

Otherwise there's nothing but tumbleweed to the left of Labour

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

sebzilla posted:

some exciting lefty fringe weirdo

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Mebh posted:

Every taxi driver round here (my ongoing metric for the common man; Uber drivers in Sheffield) has been going on about how poo poo Starmer and New New Labour are. It's great.

This would be more comforting if they weren't doing the same about Corbyn in 2019. Even when the man on the street agrees with you it's probably for the wrong reasons. Yes I am very Eeyore about politics at the moment and following it is terrible for my mental health.

Anyway, hey UKMT, today is your last chance to vote for who will be trustees of the Solidarity Fund that does such fantastic work keeping goons alive because the sixth richest country in the world has maxed out its credit card and just can't afford to!

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

sebzilla posted:

That's why you say you'll vote Green or for some exciting lefty fringe weirdo

Otherwise there's nothing but tumbleweed to the left of Labour

I always end up voting Green, and I will never not vote, but I sure wish that vote did or meant anything.

I was thinking about how I'd vote if we had a STV system. Would I even rank Labour or just leave their box blank? Genuinely would struggle to decide where to put them vs the tories.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

it’s so mind bending that this guy helped finish off Robert Maxwell using a parliamentary privilege to read out a book chapter by Seymour Hersh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Reveilled posted:

Appparently it's just named that because it goes through some areas of london which had big textile factories during the industrial revolution.

Thank God and thank you just as much for bringing me this news