Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Carthag Tuek posted:

getting mad about what other people are eating/drinking is really weird

Agreed
::sips some *Pinko de Peppo::

* 1 part each of Pepto Bismal, Milk, and Honey Dayquil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

tokin opposition posted:

Milk is also really bad environmentally, and if you have a pet really not acceptable if you wouldn't constantly rape your dog and eat the puppies.

Totally different. Dog does not parteth the hoof, and is not clovenfooted, and does not cheweth the cud.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Enriching my dog stew by infusing it with concentrated and dehydrated into a cube puppy juice

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Why doesn't the government simply make beef illegal if it's so bad for the environment??

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Bald Stalin posted:

Why doesn't the government simply make beef illegal if it's so bad for the environment??

I don't specifically know about other places, but over here it's because Big Cow owns a large number of politicians. Even taxing cows or reducing their subsidies is not an option.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

tokin opposition posted:

Milk is also really bad environmentally, and if you have a pet really not acceptable if you wouldn't constantly rape your dog and eat the puppies.

Puppies are pretty small but you can dress newborn goat kids like you would a rabbit

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

tokin opposition posted:

It's actually quite acceptable to not rape or eat your pets imo

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Failed Imagineer posted:

It's actually quite acceptable to not rape or eat your pets imo

Woke much?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

tokin opposition posted:

Yep this was a tokin opposition post

Frame it

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
me, stuffing my gullet with 10 sausage rolls at the same time: don't you know that milk is not even good for you when you're an adult?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Still mad that the woke mob banned zoophilia in Denmark and destroyed our cow sex industry.

(We already had animal cruelty laws, so it was technically probably redundant)

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Bald Stalin posted:

Some sovcits threatened insurrection over a grazing fee they were legally required to pay. I can't imagine what Big Cow will do if they see the end coming.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

BonHair posted:

Still mad that the woke mob banned zoophilia in Denmark and destroyed our cow sex industry.

(We already had animal cruelty laws, so it was technically probably redundant)

hr hænder spotted

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

BonHair posted:

cow sex industry

I don't get it, what's wrong with cows having sex with each oth

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHhhhhh

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
:stare:

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

You could make millions as well by charging for it. Imagine the jobs created! Every town would have an executioner again.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
That's why while I support euthanasia out of principle for human dignity, I also severely distrust liberal governments putting it into practice.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I support the notion of people being allowed to end their life if they want to, but arguing it from the perspective of preserving the bottom line is really gross. Some people might want to choose to live! Is it fair to have those people get portrayed as being "part of the problem"?

Not to mention the likelihood it will be certain demographics pressured into pursuing assisted suicide much more than others.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Legal weed shops should sell one strain so powerful that it kills you

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Panfilo posted:

I support the notion of people being allowed to end their life if they want to, but arguing it from the perspective of preserving the bottom line is really gross. Some people might want to choose to live! Is it fair to have those people get portrayed as being "part of the problem"?

Not to mention the likelihood it will be certain demographics pressured into pursuing assisted suicide much more than others.

You sound like this didn't already happen in Canada. There was a news story about a homeless person being pushed towards euthanasia because his underlying condition (poverty) wasn't likely to improve.

I'm also on team let people choose, but I also don't trust a liberal government with the option.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Dunno-Lars posted:

You could make millions as well by charging for it. Imagine the jobs created! Every town would have an executioner again.

Those fuligin cloaks do sound pretty stylish

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

BonHair posted:

I don't specifically know about other places, but over here it's because Big Cow owns a large number of politicians. Even taxing cows or reducing their subsidies is not an option.

One of the bills making it through the state legislature right now is to ban all sales of lab-grown beef, which I guarantee is our cow industry getting out ahead of lab-grown beef before it becomes a realistic threat.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Carthag Tuek posted:

getting mad about what other people are eating/drinking is really weird

it's definitely people getting mad and not lightly teasing each other that's for sure

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

it's definitely people getting mad and not lightly teasing each other that's for sure

Hey!! Fukka u buddy!!! :mad:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Okay, hear me out. Euthanasia for cows. It would the most ethical thing.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Failed Imagineer posted:

Been saying this.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I’m all for euthanasia for people with painful, terminal illness because it’s real hosed our current capitalist system will put people into agony to the point of needing to keep them permanently in a morphine induced coma so their loved ones can watch them wither and struggle full of tubes for a few months then charge the surviving family hundreds of thousands of dollars for that privilege but I also don’t trust it being a thing in that same system because it would 100% be pushed by insurance carriers while denying other treatments for actually curable illness for the sole purpose of saving money and used by hospital corporations against the poor and uninsured

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I’m all for euthanasia for people with painful, terminal illness because it’s real hosed our current capitalist system will put people into agony to the point of needing to keep them permanently in a morphine induced coma so their loved ones can watch them wither and struggle full of tubes for a few months then charge the surviving family hundreds of thousands of dollars for that privilege but I also don’t trust it being a thing in that same system because it would 100% be pushed by insurance carriers while denying other treatments for the sole purpose of saving money and used by hospital corporations against the poor and uninsured

it's almost as if having profit motive intersect with healthcare is an inherently horrific prospect

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Failed Imagineer posted:

they do, i believe it's called Mad Cow Disease

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Okay, hear me out. Euthanasia for cows. It would the most ethical thing.

I have good news for you!

Even better for pigs, most of those are bred to be euthanized.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Regarde Aduck posted:

Yep this was a tokin opposition post

Frame it

Throw it on the alarmingly large pile

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
True art is never appreciated in its time.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

BonHair posted:

I'm also on team let people choose, but I also don't trust a liberal government with the option.

Yeah I believe in suicide as a fundamental right in a world where you cannot consent to being born into, but also it strikes me that all attempts to institute this is basically a way to socially murder the disabled* in a way that's less troublesome for other people.

* Tokin take time: poverty is a disability

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
cool who cares

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Tokin’s a good poster to have around. Sometimes she posts good, sometimes she posts real bad, but she rarely posts boring

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

cool who cares

This is cspam, no one should care about anything anyone posts

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
I drink soy milk. It comes from the nut of the soy.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Weaponized Autism posted:

good... goooooood.... embrace the estrogen..... yesssssss.....

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Weaponized Autism posted:

Soy milk is Spanish for "I am milk"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Whooping Crabs posted:

Soy milk is Spanish for "I am milk"

Milk toast liberal, right?