Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Probably for the best. I defy anyone to remember anything noteworthy about the Until Dawn killer.

Well they just announced a remaster for PS5 so you still might see it when that goes live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Probably for the best. I defy anyone to remember anything noteworthy about the Until Dawn killer.

Spoken like someone who didn't gently caress up during an endgame DON'T MOVE THE CONTROLLER moment.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

There's probably a lot of fun stuff you could do with a killer who can see everything unless you're standing still (then it's blind), but I wouldn't trust DBD to manage it

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Nikumatic posted:

Spoken like someone who didn't gently caress up during an endgame DON'T MOVE THE CONTROLLER moment.

I mean I absolutely LOVE Until Dawn but (Until Dawn spoilers) a generic angry humanoid teary-teary-fleshy-eaty monster is pretty boring as a concept.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The fact that it was a fakeout and the original killer was just a dude trolling his friends.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I guess BVHR hosed up by saying Lunar New Year was an event in the original Year 8 Road Map, and announced a new event for March.

Feels very backpedal-y to me. Why not announce a new event when stating that Lunar New Year ‘24 was canceled? Just feels a bit out of the blue.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1756030244115411429

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Given the cultural appropriation/misinterpretation issues around wendigos/skinwalkers, it might be best if BHVR stays away from those specific concepts. Like I could see BHVR being good enough to do their diligence around it if they *did* decide to pursue it, but eesh just probably best not to.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Having played Lights out a bit now, I can say that I love the concept, but it just exacerbates the problems with the game. Solo queue is terrible, and when killers want to be tunneling douchebags you're powerless to do anything about it.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

chucky was just a test. a proof of concept. it's finally time. the new killer is the Leprechaun

it'll be a full release with jennifer aniston and ice-t survivors

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Everyone who seen the leprachaun say "yaaaa!"

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

curiousTerminal posted:

The recent BHVR AMA on Reddit had them state "we won't be adding a crosshair but we also won't ban you for using an external one" but a little more coy than that.
I use "crosshair v2" which I do not remember downloading but it is on my PC and all it does is slap a little white + in the center of my monitor. I find it incredibly useful on some killers (huntress, trickster) and hella detrimental on others. (deathslinger, mostly)

How to say "Absolutely gently caress all all of you playing on console without actually saying gently caress all of you on console"

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Put the corner of a sticky note on your screen. It's really not that hard to physically attach something to your screen and differentiating between "tape with a sharpie dot on it" and "a white dot drawn by a program" is stupid.

Besides, we all know bhvr hates console players in other ways.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Code DRAGONYEAR for Chinese New Year themed banner and badge. Works till the 25th.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Code PAPERDRAGON for a CNY charm.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Sometimes I have experiences that show me what this game could be if it had a good community. Had a Huntress who didn't care at all about gens or m1s, only getting m2s, and immediately pegged me as the kind of sicko who is extremely into Huntress chases and was very excited to play along. She dropped someone she was carrying just to chase me because she saw me 20 feet away lmao.

We had some really fun chases with me trying every trick I knew - running at her to disorient her, ducking, faking - and she finally got me by predicting a direction I'd juke perfectly. She picked me up and did happy little spins like "I got you! I got you!" then we spent the rest of the game messing around. At one point me and another survivor were crouching going back and forth in front of a window while she tried to hit us like a carnival game. Then long range shot practice in the gate.

It's so great when you recognize the opponent's skill, they recognize yours, and you're both really good-natured about it. I love to hype up and be chased by my favorite killers, it's awesome. Kinda makes me wish there was some sort of community skirmish lobby for people that want to practice playing as or against a certain killer.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1757827094493475309?s=20

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/dvveet/status/1757822385825153390?s=20

Guess we know why they brought up crosshairs lately hahahaahahahhah

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
i am shocked, shocked to discover pay to win elements in this pay to lose game

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
My gut reaction is that this isn't an intentional pay-to-win skin, but an artist going "well, this is a modern gun, I need to give it a sight so it looks right" and not having a note about how sights can never be better than this example gun for gameplay reasons is still a bad look for them.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Am I looking at that thing wrong? Would it not be of no real help since a survivor that's far enough away to actually fit in that thing is already outside of your range anyway?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Umbreon posted:

Am I looking at that thing wrong? Would it not be of no real help since a survivor that's far enough away to actually fit in that thing is already outside of your range anyway?

I mean you don't need to fit their whole body in the crosshair. Just enough of it to land a hit.

MikeNCR
Oct 11, 2003

Not sure how much it'll matter assuming it lines up with the iron sights that all the other weapon skins have.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Apparently while they were "nerfing" Blight's addons, they accidentally buffed them, and also made it so that if you combine the addons in one way (ie. ADDON1 in slot 1, ADDON2 in slot 2) you get X amount of combined speed, but if you combine them the OTHER way around, you get a lot more speed than intended. And a bunch of other bugs.

Just awesome work, team. What even is testing?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Just delete Blight from the game at this point. It was a failed experiment, time to let it go.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I'd say it sounds like a highly successful test based on how good he is and how many people whine about him. :)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/BlueBunnyArts/status/1757814257100497369?s=20

Made me giggle.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1758129521386029501?s=20

Some stats for the game!

This is why they don't nerf Nurse and Blight...they're not even in the top 10 kill rate killers. BHVR balances around the majority, not top tier. As much as that sucks at high mmr.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Medullah posted:

https://x.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1758129521386029501?s=20

Some stats for the game!

This is why they don't nerf Nurse and Blight...they're not even in the top 10 kill rate killers. BHVR balances around the majority, not top tier. As much as that sucks at high mmr.

Would be willing to put money on SM being that high because of disconnects or hook suicides. Genuinely surprised Freddy is that high.

Top 10 perks are not surprising in the least, extra lol at WoO still being #1.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Relyssa posted:

Would be willing to put money on SM being that high because of disconnects or hook suicides. Genuinely surprised Freddy is that high.

Top 10 perks are not surprising in the least, extra lol at WoO still being #1.

For what it's worth, they specifically don't count any matches that had a disconnect for kill rates

Umbreon fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Feb 15, 2024

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Umbreon posted:

For what it's worth, they specially don't count any matches that had a disconnect for kill rates

But it sure counts all the ones where people killed themselves on hook.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I get the first three since they kind of have noob stomper gimmicks that will cheaply kill you if you don't know them. Freddy I have no idea how he could be the fourth strongest killer by any metric

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DeathChicken posted:

I get the first three since they kind of have noob stomper gimmicks that will cheaply kill you if you don't know them. Freddy I have no idea how he could be the fourth strongest killer by any metric

It's the same thing, Freddy has his eternal stealth gimmick and if you don't know how to wake yourself up it can be a bitch.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Medullah posted:

It's the same thing, Freddy has his eternal stealth gimmick and if you don't know how to wake yourself up it can be a bitch.

how hard is it to go click on the clock every so often

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Relyssa posted:

how hard is it to go click on the clock every so often

How hard is it to go to a jigsaw box? The game does a lovely job of explaining mechanics to new players so to someone just playing it's a white highlighted thing and who knows what that means.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Medullah posted:

How hard is it to go to a jigsaw box? The game does a lovely job of explaining mechanics to new players so to someone just playing it's a white highlighted thing and who knows what that means.

That's a bit different since you have to go to multiple in what could be a relatively strict time limit. Freddy if you're asleep just go click the white thing, boom, done.

Point taken, though.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Perma-Oblivious is a noob shredder, Freddy's teleport is a really slick baby killer booster seat and Freddy's generic snare gets the job done against people who aren't looping well to begin with.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Wake up also ramps up in cost over time so you’ll also hit the noobs who refuse to fall asleep and spend all game clapping at each other. Anything that requires more complexity to counter than ‘hear TR, run away’ is gonna farm low MMR

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Doomykins posted:

Perma-Oblivious is a noob shredder, Freddy's teleport is a really slick baby killer booster seat and Freddy's generic snare gets the job done against people who aren't looping well to begin with.
Fake Pallets also gently caress with a LOT of newer players. They can see you set one up and still fall for it because they panic during the chase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Pants Donkey posted:

Fake Pallets also gently caress with a LOT of newer players. They can see you set one up and still fall for it because they panic during the chase

I'm in this quote and I don't like it!