Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I finally got around to trying the piano minigame. It's a lot of fun! Got B on the second try (though pretty close to A). It's finicky but makes sense once you get a feel for it. The only part that confused me a bit was how much you need to release the stick between notes.

It's neat how, once you start building up a combo, the song starts sounding better and more complex.

I hope they have a lot of tracks added for the minigame, like it implies when you first do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ytlaya posted:

I finally got around to trying the piano minigame. It's a lot of fun! Got B on the second try (though pretty close to A). It's finicky but makes sense once you get a feel for it. The only part that confused me a bit was how much you need to release the stick between notes.

It's neat how, once you start building up a combo, the song starts sounding better and more complex.

I hope they have a lot of tracks added for the minigame, like it implies when you first do it.

There are six of them according to the trophy list

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I got a C on the piano thing, which is pretty impressive for me considering that I suck at doing co-ordinated things with dual sticks, but it was very helpful that I knew what the music was.

God, the music in the remake and so far in Rebirth is so good.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Are there any good guides for how to play Yuffie in Intermission? Her mechanics are pretty complex and the game gives like a one sentence explanation for most of them.

Related to that, I hope Rebirth has some sort of training mode to test out skills and combos

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
I read through the novel Traces Of Two Pasts because I'm apparently determined to burn out on FFVII content until Rebirth comes out.

I actually enjoyed Tifa's story covering her time pre and post Nibelheim massacre. I liked it showing how hosed up it was in the slums while still having the people have some form of community. Also they never really get into how much everything just sucked for Tifa that if they pull a curveball in remake and kill her I'm gonna be so pissed

I think Aeriths story was more the translation I got being sorta a mess then bad but I didn't enjoy it as much.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

who else is getting the limited edition ff7r insomnia cookies

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

who else is getting the limited edition ff7r insomnia cookies

I would think insomnia cookies would be FF15 edition

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
I can only find like a box with Cloud on it. Are the cookies themed, or is it just a FFVII sleeve covering the box of cookies?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think its just the boxes but i was amused at how deep they are going with their marketing this time

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
I mean remember ol' Cloud butterfingers

Also yeah I guess it's just a hot box

their marketing choices are weird and dumb

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

May the proud history of square enix/butterfingers collaborations continue 1000 years

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
You could have literally photo shopped Yuffie holding a big cookie instead of her shuriken, or just like something fun.

I need the game out now so I can stop looking at all this crap

D.Fuzzbot fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 15, 2024

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

My hopes for Rebirth is that Barret takes off his glasses more during cutscenes

Man has beautiful eyes

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

cock hero flux posted:

isn't it said at some point that the point of the weapons is just to wipe out all life, under the principle that hey, there's one way to guarantee you kill someone who could be anyone

I would swear there's some dialog in the original (that I can't be assed to try to look up) that the Weapons were summoned by the planet when it expected to receive a severe wound and needed a lot of liquid Lifestream to heal- so basically they were supposed to rampage around and kill stuff to convert active life into liquid Lifestream.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Schwartzcough posted:

I would swear there's some dialog in the original (that I can't be assed to try to look up) that the Weapons were summoned by the planet when it expected to receive a severe wound and needed a lot of liquid Lifestream to heal- so basically they were supposed to rampage around and kill stuff to convert active life into liquid Lifestream.

Not that I recall. The most detail you get is from the Gast Tapes. The Weapons were created to defeat Jenova (who dealt a wound to the planet so serious it never healed, i.e: Northern Crater) but the Cetra stopped Jenova before the Weapons were deployed, but the planet couldn't just un-create them so they got put into slumber.

DoC has Omega, whose job it is to gather all the Lifestream it can and be effectively an escape pod if the planet is for-real doomed.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Feb 15, 2024

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
We're not seeing the weapons till next game right? Those were entirely a disc 2 thing

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

We're not seeing the weapons till next game right? Those were entirely a disc 2 thing

Trailer showed they will be addressed

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

It's silly but like...

Insomnia Cookies are really loving delicious so I don't mind a silly reason to order some.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Insomnia cookies are delicious and they probably would have tricked me into ordering some if it had, like, a bonus bracelet in-game and not just a cookie box with Cloud's face.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I still maintain the third will be called

Final Fantasy VII: Red Cid Redemption

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Whatever else there is to be said about Dirge of Cerberus (and there's a LOT to be said about it), I genuinely think Omega WEAPON and its purpose are a great addition to the overall lore and completely make sense with what we know of the Planet an the Lifestream in the original game, and even having the villains "artificially" activate Omega via mass genocide is a great villain plot.

It's just, y'know, everything else about the game.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

It had some very impressive textures for a PS2 title.

And some weird rear end controls which apparently were improved for the US release lol

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Rand Brittain posted:

Insomnia cookies are delicious and they probably would have tricked me into ordering some if it had, like, a bonus bracelet in-game and not just a cookie box with Cloud's face.

The sleeve is pretty nice quality so you could probably easily turn it into a little mini poster or something.

Me and my roommate were immediately suckered mostly just because we'd been wanting cookies already anyways right before the announcement.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Just to be clear, there's nothing wrong with wanting delicious cookies.

I was just expecting some sorta special themed cookie flavours or ones in the shape of Sephiroth stabbing aerith

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Sephirdoodles

Barret's biscuits

Edit: Barriscuits?

Caidin fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Feb 16, 2024

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Oatmideel Raisin

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Cookies are already materia shaped

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

donut holes with materia-colored powdered sugar? this marketing poo poo is so easy.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I finally beat the first game. (My saves said the last time I played was May 2020 lol). Considering I completely forgot the controls, it only took me three tries on Motorball and died once against Whisper Bahamut.

That final section was some Kingdom Hearts-level nonsense, but hey. I guess I'm moving on to Intermission and the demo now.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

Vitamean posted:

donut holes with materia-colored powdered sugar? this marketing poo poo is so easy.

Matcha or apple icing for Magic, Strawberry icing for Independent, Blue Raspberry for Support, Red Velvet for Summon and for Command... piss

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

D.Fuzzbot posted:

Matcha or apple icing for Magic, Strawberry icing for Independent, Blue Raspberry for Support, Red Velvet for Summon and for Command... piss

Lemon is right there how did you fumble that.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I hope reviews talk about how the ending is "Kingdom Hearts nonsense" 'cus that's confirmation it'll be epic

See: Tekken 8

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Lemon is right there how did you fumble that.

I've never fumbled a thing in my life now eat your FF7 piss donuts.

I'm expecting some new, dumb thing to replace the Destiny ghosts and again folks will be really divided on it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think we've already seen the Whispers in some of the trailers though I predict the thing that will make people mad is whatever is going on with Zack

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Terper posted:

I hope reviews talk about how the ending is "Kingdom Hearts nonsense" 'cus that's confirmation it'll be epic

100% chance this will happen

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Blockhouse posted:

I think we've already seen the Whispers in some of the trailers though I predict the thing that will make people mad is whatever is going on with Zack

By the end of the game I fully expect to have more questions than answers about the Zack situation

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I don't know about any character named Zack, but the new character Kaxzc is the one I'm most excited about.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

can someone remind me what said Kingdom Hearts nonsense amounted to in Remake? I haven't beaten the game since it came out

I can't remember if they "kill" Sephiroth there and they're gonna be surprised to see him again or if it was weird dream reality poo poo or what

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

grieving for Gandalf posted:

can someone remind me what said Kingdom Hearts nonsense amounted to in Remake? I haven't beaten the game since it came out

I can't remember if they "kill" Sephiroth there and they're gonna be surprised to see him again or if it was weird dream reality poo poo or what

The meta narrative around the Whispers trying to keep the plot accurate to the original

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Ghosts showed up ocassionally to menace people in minor ways and kill people that died in the original then they became a big ghost and died.