Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

ImpAtom posted:

It's going to be an absolute nothing. Like any of the more extreme rumors have been walked back. They're going to port a couple of games to Nintendo/Sony and nothing else.

i leaked this last week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

ImpAtom posted:

It's going to be an absolute nothing. Like any of the more extreme rumors have been walked back. They're going to port a couple of games to Nintendo/Sony and nothing else.

Was the "ads on Game Pass" walked back? Because that is a deal killer for me.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

You dreamed that

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I still don't understand why everyone is making a big deal about it this time. Barely anyone said anything when Ori, Cuphead, and Super Lucky's Tale went to other platforms.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

elf help book posted:

You dreamed that

oh thank god

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Yeah I thought the whole reason we had to wait until today for a response was because they were gonna let Nintendo announce Hi-Fi Rush in their Direct first.

Maybe they wanted all the Timdogs to spend two weeks destroying their Xboxes first so they’d all have to rebuy new ones after Phil announces they bought Nintendo.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Ryoga posted:

I still don't understand why everyone is making a big deal about it this time. Barely anyone said anything when Ori, Cuphead, and Super Lucky's Tale went to other platforms.

because Nintendo and PC dont count untilthey do

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Phil Spencer will publicly announce the capture and imprisonment of Don Mattrick live onstream. The gamers will return to the side of Microsoft.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Ryoga posted:

Nobody's making a big deal about a few games moving to other platforms. They were making a big deal out of some pretty unsubstantiated rumors about Microsoft going full 3rd party. It'll likely just end up, of course, being a few more games going multi-platform. But it was fun to join the chaos for a couple of weeks.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

I said come in! posted:

Their ports to PC have felt very random, and slow. But just the other day the president of Sony was saying this is going to maybe change https://www.engadget.com/sony-wants-its-playstation-exclusives-to-come-to-pc-earlier-212001939.html

Do it, Sony. Put GT7 on PC. Put one right between Forza Motorsport's eyes. It yearns for death.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

Do it, Sony. Put GT7 on PC. Put one right between Forza Motorsport's eyes. It yearns for death.

If I can have cross platform saving with GT7, it would be the only racing sim I would need from here on out until GT8 came out.

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish

Ryoga posted:

Because Moon, Playful, and MDHR are not Microsoft/XGS studios.

I am once again begging gamers to grasp the differences between a studio and a publisher. As fun as it is to laugh at people who think Something May Be Happening, smugposting about "nothing ever happens" just makes you look like a dingleberry.

ImpAtom posted:

Totally. After all, Phil told us there's "no plans" to stop making hardware. What could be more concrete than that.

Believe it, don't believe it, it doesn't matter. People in the industry know that we're about to see a massive upheaval in the next 1-2 years. Not because of the few relatively meh things that MS announces in a podcast today, but because there's dozens and dozens of those kinds of decisions coming in the near future.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
Got'em

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

one more hour before the lazy Devs take over Xbox 😔😔😔

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Sony needs to put demons souls remake on PC because otherwise it's very clear that they are in unserious about PC support

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm leaking rn

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Professor Beetus posted:

Sony needs to put demons souls remake on PC because otherwise it's very clear that they are in unserious about PC support

They are too lazy / unskilled to port FROM’s spaghetti code to anything else. Hence Bloodborne also not on PC

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I respect sony for kindly not exposing pc gamers to the sheer midness that was the demons souls remake

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Midness or not it's the only way to play desouls online now

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Professor Beetus posted:

Then everyone would know it's a bad game.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
PC players can play the superior PS3 version so theres no need

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Chillmatic posted:

Because Moon, Playful, and MDHR are not Microsoft/XGS studios.

I am once again begging gamers to grasp the differences between a studio and a publisher. As fun as it is to laugh at people who think Something May Be Happening, smugposting about "nothing ever happens" just makes you look like a dingleberry.

Totally. After all, Phil told us there's "no plans" to stop making hardware. What could be more concrete than that.

Believe it, don't believe it, it doesn't matter. People in the industry know that we're about to see a massive upheaval in the next 1-2 years. Not because of the few relatively meh things that MS announces in a podcast today, but because there's dozens and dozens of those kinds of decisions coming in the near future.

You're upset your bloodthirst will not be met

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
*guy posting like an extreme dingleberry* "Alas, this type of uncouth behavior simply makes you look like a dingleberry"

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I am once again begging gamers to try posting in this thread before the stupid rumors kick off if they want to look like they aren't here to drool over stupid rumors

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

all I want to do is talk about good video games that are out now, and be excited about upcoming games.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Gonna play Dragon Dogma 2 in a month, its gonna rule

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

elf help book posted:

I am once again begging gamers to try posting in this thread before the stupid rumors kick off if they want to look like they aren't here to drool over stupid rumors

lol at this guy's first ever post in this thread

Chillmatic posted:

That is 100% what Microsoft is doing. The ol' Glass Cliff--a classic.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

my hot prediction is that Xbox as a distinct platform will end and that future Xbox consoles will be steam machine-esque miniature PC's running windows with Xbox essentially acting as a TV and controller friendly UI

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

elf help book posted:

You're upset your bloodthirst will not be met

If this podcast doesn’t open with Phil sitting in a dark room shaving his head while Björk plays in the background, I’m throwing my Xbox in the nearest canal.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

my hot prediction is that Xbox as a distinct platform will end and that future Xbox consoles will be steam machine-esque miniature PC's running windows with Xbox essentially acting as a TV and controller friendly UI

Same. Maybe they'll do a little more and leverage the sandboxing/VM stuff they developed for console and apply it to the PC side, but for a while now I've felt Xbox's destiny was to be merged back into PC. That's where it came from, it's like poetry it rhymes.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

hatty posted:

Hell yeah friend

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

SCheeseman posted:

Same. Maybe they'll do a little more and leverage the sandboxing/VM stuff they developed for console and apply it to the PC side, but for a while now I've felt Xbox's destiny was to be merged back into PC. That's where it came from, it's like poetry it rhymes.

Bill Gates greenlit a living room box that plays PC games and he's finally gonna get it

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Every scream an Xbox

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
I am here to drool over stupid rumors and then laugh when they do / don't come true.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
But I'm also playing Brotato

raccoon.bmp
Feb 16, 2023

🦝
make sure to turn your xboxes off before they send out the deactivation signal at 3pm

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Sony will never take me alive. I'm going down with Timdog.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Should I be getting ready to sell my Xbox?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

teagone posted:

Should I be getting ready to sell my Xbox?

To who?