Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Many family members have said that they do not like or want me vacationing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I'm great at going sober, I've done it 12 times!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Captain Hygiene posted:

Many family members have said that they do not like or want me vacationing

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Chewbecca posted:

That has zero nutritional value lmao

Whole lot not being said on this one, sounds like this person caused a lot of misery on these holidays

Also why is a 28 year old person expecting their family to provide them with holidays. That's very embarassing lol

that person writes like someone with some serious developmental issues

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

MagusofStars posted:

OP mentions in the comments that he's been addicted to weed and alcohol for over a decade but don't worry, he's on the path to quitting because he's quit 12 separate times previously and stayed clean for up to 14 days and it's unfair that people are still holding his past behavior against him.

Also he didn't use a burner and it's :yikes: enough that I'm absolutely not posting it, but these Redditor reactions to his post history sum it up well enough:

well now i gotta know

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

babypolis posted:

that person writes like someone with some serious developmental issues

probably caused by the massive amounts of weed theyve consumed

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

MagusofStars posted:

Also he didn't use a burner and it's :yikes: enough that I'm absolutely not posting it, but these Redditor reactions to his post history sum it up well enough:

The snort that I made when I clicked through to his profile and was hit with a “this profile is NSFW” message

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Space Kablooey posted:

Same, tbh. I'm probably talking out of my rear end but it does feel like it's some kind of light? mild? parental neglect that they just let children run around under-dressed. It feels like the kids are too fussy to even get dressed so the parents kinda just give up, idk. :shrug:

And then the kids learn that they can get away with a bunch of things if they make enough noise...

The boy is the problem in this story, not the girl. No one should be forced to wear uncomfortable stuff in their own home, and not wearing a bra isn't "underdressed" but neither is a boy being shirtless.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

FMguru posted:

There is actually a whole second forum, r/AITAH, which is literally "AITA, but without all the stupid arbitrary rules"

lol

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

MagusofStars posted:

not looking but lol

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

MagusofStars posted:

OP mentions in the comments that he's been addicted to weed and alcohol for over a decade but don't worry, he's on the path to quitting because he's quit 12 separate times previously and stayed clean for up to 14 days and it's unfair that people are still holding his past behavior against him.

Huh, it's certainly not what I expected, but dude is clearly suffering from some serious psychological issues.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Their post history does contain posts to r/aspergers

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Halloween Jack posted:

AITA for not being allowed at our family cottage?

This dude is a train weirdo, an absolute pothead degenerate, and weirdly fixated on teachers with exposed navels

Perfect for Reddit

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Scathach posted:

The boy is the problem in this story, not the girl. No one should be forced to wear uncomfortable stuff in their own home, and not wearing a bra isn't "underdressed" but neither is a boy being shirtless.

I'm not talking about the posted reddit story specifically.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Couple of banger thread titles here though:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > r/relationships: What a terrible day to be literate

- or -

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > r/relationships: Many family members have said that they do not like or want me vacationing

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Allowing your kids to dress comfortably at home when there are no guests around is not at all neglectful behavior.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
But what if I'm really uncomfortable by a visual reminder that breasts exist?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

But what if I'm really uncomfortable by a visual reminder that breasts exist?
maybe you can get an apple vision pro app to help with that

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I guess then it's just me that wonders if there's anything else going on in a house when kids are running around barely clothed. Good to know.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
A teenage girl not wearing a bra under her shirt is not barely clothed, holy poo poo.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

420 Gank Mid posted:

Allowing your kids to dress comfortably at home when there are no guests around is not at all neglectful behavior.

I would simply instruct my toddlers to not take off their clothes/run around/scream at the top of their lunges in public/make a mess. Have you tried being better parent? :smug:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

This sentence is all you need.

It's been nearly a year, water under the bridge!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

A teenage girl not wearing a bra under her shirt is not barely clothed, holy poo poo.

Again im not talking specifically about the story holy poo poo. do i have to draw or something

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Space Kablooey posted:

Again im not talking specifically about the story holy poo poo

Then why bring it up? Where are you getting this whole "Kids running around barely clothed"?

Ulthar
Aug 14, 2007

My parents are deeaaaaaaad!!!

Space Kablooey posted:

I guess then it's just me that wonders if there's anything else going on in a house when kids are running around barely clothed. Good to know.

:yikes:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Then why bring it up? Where are you getting this whole "Kids running around barely clothed"?

just scroll up and check my posts if you have these doubts?

for the benefit of people that dont have scrollwheels i'm responding to this post. more specifically the second paragraph:

trickybiscuits posted:

I genuinely don't know what to look at most- the ages, the kid looking at his sister's tits, the fact that sonny boy doesn't even wear a shirt around the house but he's wanting his sister to wear more, or the fact that sonny boy has tits of his own that he parades around. It's like a kaleidoscope of weird. You change the angle slightly and suddenly there's so much more.

I don't understand people who aren't mostly/fully dressed in their homes though. My family when I grew up never had anyone going around in underwear or without shirts or something. Not that the women were always wearing bras or that we didn't dress lightly in warm weather. But we covered up somewhat. There's nothing wrong with it but when I see tv shows about misbehaving children or something and the kids are running around the living room in their underwear it seems odd.

:aaa:

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
Small children taking off their clothes is completely normal behaviour (try googling "why does my toddler take off their clothes" and see how many results come up). It's not a sign of neglect or abuse. If you think you never did it yourself at that age, well, you almost certainly did, you just don't remember because of your age, and your parents/family never brought it up because again, it's completely common and banal toddler behaviour.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Space Kablooey posted:

just scroll up and check my posts if you have these doubts?

for the benefit of people that dont have scrollwheels i'm responding to this post. more specifically the second paragraph:

Alright, so you're both weird.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

deety posted:

One of the things that seemed weird about that Super Bowl story was OP's explanation that she mentioned the Super Bowl in her video so the algorithm would promote it.

If she's the kind of person who's that concerned about getting views, maybe her friends feel like they're being mined for content? I wonder if their overreaction is a last straw kind of thing, like if they think OP looks for excuses to make sad vlogs.

Guessing it's a pattern-of-behavior thing & she's the type to follow people around, film everything despite consent/objection, then makes a scene about how everyone "hates" her for being obnoxious & disregarding boundaries.

Also this

big mean giraffe posted:

Weird how people don't want to hang out with someone who goes to social media to air dirty laundry instead of having an adult conversation about it. I wonder why she isn't getting invited to poo poo, it is truly a mystery.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Space Kablooey posted:

Wait till you freak out and realize that in Canada and many US states women can walk around bare chested without any legal ramifications. In NYS it's been legal since 1992 for a woman to be topless anywhere a man is allowed to be. So like you can't be topless as a cook (just as a man could not) but can walk down the street. So even without a poo poo neither man nor woman would be considered barely clothed.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Shanghaied posted:

try googling "why does my toddler take off their clothes"

No, I don't I'll google anything like that.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I concur with Space Kablooey in part and dissent in part on independent grounds. Moobteen should be wearing a shirt regardless. The compromise is that if he demands additional support for his sister then it must be a bra for a brah.

Edit: cottageboy nuked his history it seems

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I do not wear pants at home

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

CoffeeBoofer posted:

Reddit, why does my family and my girlfriend hate me?

Okay I honestly was wondering why that guy was wearing work gloves in the store

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Guessing it's a pattern-of-behavior thing & she's the type to follow people around, film everything despite consent/objection, then makes a scene about how everyone "hates" her for being obnoxious & disregarding boundaries.

Also this

Being clingy and posting about your feelings on tiktok is weird but the insistence on taking the video down and the only communicating via the partner is exponentially weirder IMO.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Shanghaied posted:

Another reason why America needs universal health care

feel like this is more of a universal basic income problem although even then it seems like granny's fine what with hubby being able to just go buy her a place (whether that means "because she had means and he is acting on her behalf" or "because he's f'n loaded" i have no idea)

if you're getting at "well in a UHC society she'd be getting the mental health treatment she obviously needs" then i would stress this isn't at all a given

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

feel like this is more of a universal basic income problem although even then it seems like granny's fine what with hubby being able to just go buy her a place (whether that means "because she had means and he is acting on her behalf" or "because he's f'n loaded" i have no idea)

if you're getting at "well in a UHC society she'd be getting the mental health treatment she obviously needs" then i would stress this isn't at all a given

Well, it more like MIL wouldn't be broke, homeless and depressed in the first place if she didn't have to spend all her money on FIL's cancer treatment.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Hellblazer187 posted:

Being clingy and posting about your feelings on tiktok is weird but the insistence on taking the video down and the only communicating via the partner is exponentially weirder IMO.

No, it really isn't at all. I wouldn't want to communicate with this weirdo ever again either, and especially don't want people running their mouth about me on social media

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

tater_salad posted:

Wait till you freak out and realize that in Canada and many US states women can walk around bare chested without any legal ramifications.

Why do you think this would freak them out? They're talking about unclothed toddlers being a potential sign of neglect in the household, not what adults choose to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

and bits of spaghetti on their face? instant removal from the home