Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Merchant is boring the judge to death with this poo poo. Fani is destroying her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Waffle House posted:

The collusion of Hilton Honors four seasons total landscaping points

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I may have the location wrong.

Excellent lawyering ma'am

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

BREAKING NEWS: Fani Willis Has Set The Goose Loose

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

This lawyer is getting worked

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
If Merchant and Saddow were hoping to somehow trip up Willis or make her seem dodgy they really, really aren't doing a good job here.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

"Blood, sweat and tears? YOUR HONOR THIS WOMAN IS A DOMINATRIX AND THEREFORE MUST BE REMOVED FROM THE CASE. Also, my client may be interested in hiring your services at a later time, do you have a business card for your other profession?"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I feel like this case would actually stand a chance if Trump could hire some competent lawyers.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Here comes privilege again!! lmao

jesus christ

also Willis "Maybe you forget, I'm not on trial here. These people are. For trying to overturn our election here in Georgia."

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Ugh I hate when the writers slip product placement right into the middle of dialogue. The only thing that calms me down is a frosty treat from DQ like a Blizzard or one of their many other affordable options.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Yet another rear end in a top hat charged for Jan 6 rioting

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

CharlestheHammer posted:

I feel like this case would actually stand a chance if Trump could hire some competent lawyers.

lol, no

There's no evidence, there's no proof, there's only a bunch of hand-waving and the testimony of unreliable, clearly biased witnesses.

The Trump lawyers are actually extremely effective at having brought this up and given ammo to the GOP for months so far and months to come, but there was never a case here to bring

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

sim
Sep 24, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

They're trying to prove something without evidence, only accusations. There's nothing there. Competent lawyers wouldn't have brought the case in the first place.

Captain Stalin
May 11, 2004

Have no fear, the Captain is here!

You know, I think I rather like Willis.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

My dad is also an old black man and he says the exact same thing lol

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

skeleton warrior posted:

lol, no

There's no evidence, there's no proof, there's only a bunch of hand-waving and the testimony of unreliable, clearly biased witnesses.

The Trump lawyers are actually extremely effective at having brought this up and given ammo to the GOP for months so far and months to come, but there was never a case here to bring

Yes yes I know this is good for Biden or whatever

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol saddow and willis yelling at eachother

5 minute recess

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

She is extremely good at pointing out that relationships are messy and aren't defined by super clear definitions lol

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
"And when precisely was there last vaginal penetration in your personal relationship with Mr Wade at the place you laid your head?"

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

:love:

Csixtyfour
Jan 14, 2004
Willis is gonna start swinging, lol

YOU LIED!!!!

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Nah, for pretty much the same reasons other said. If they had something, they wouldn't need to fish so hard.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Wow I really love Fanni Willis

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

TheAgent posted:

If Merchant and Saddow were hoping to somehow trip up Willis or make her seem dodgy they really, really aren't doing a good job here.

No, this was always a delay and disinformation tactic. It never had much of a chance other than to stir up GOP members in the Georgia Senate and try to undermine the case.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

So far they haven't tried to actually get any of the answers that they claimed they were seeking from Willis. This is all a repeat of Wade's testimony.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
thinking about it, the kavanaugh hearing showed how effective an aggressive, outraged response can be. probably the right play by willis

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
5 minute break after Willis is going "This is a lie. Here's a lie right here. Here's your lie."

Think team Trump will try to get her labeled as hostile...maybe.

Jonny Quest
Nov 11, 2004

There's a roadie from Grateful Dead lurking in that courtroom.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Willis is really good at this. She's constantly three steps ahead, aggressively preempting follow-up questions to seemingly innocuous stuff.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

TheAgent posted:

5 minute break after Willis is going "This is a lie. Here's a lie right here. Here's your lie."

Think team Trump will get her labeled as hostile...maybe.

THE MEAN AND UNFAIR WILLIS WHO DOESNT THINK I AM BEAUTIFUL

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Also let’s be real the color of her skin is part of reason Trump is after her

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

powdered wig guy spotted.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Youth Decay posted:

So far they haven't tried to actually get any of the answers that they claimed they were seeking from Willis. This is all a repeat of Wade's testimony.

She rebutted that Yeartie was a friend, and established a good reason to have cash on hand. This is pretty disastrous for Team Trump.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

thinking about it, the kavanaugh hearing showed how effective an aggressive, outraged response can be. probably the right play by willis

sorry willis is a woman. she's just being emotional right now

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Day is getting long for court too btw. Wouldn't be surprised if the Judge asks them to get to it because not sure if the judge wants to stretch this to day two

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1758231232473633020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

btw, whatever lawyer that initially "dug" this up, and how they were calling her(?) a top notch clerk/lawyer who dug up these pieces of dirt... she may want to update her resume denying her involvement in this