Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
devs could make good 4k 60FPS game on even the Series S but are simply too lazy to do so and have to be bailed out by console makers and their pro consoles. its sad to see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

giving devs more powerful hardware is a waste of time. oh great, now it'll take 10 years to make some UE5 piece of poo poo. meanwhile the best game of the last few years runs on a mobile chip from 2015

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hatty posted:

devs could make good 4k 60FPS game on even the Series S but are simply too lazy to do so and have to be bailed out by console makers and their pro consoles. its sad to see

lol you got in before me

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Timdog must remain Xiled.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

No Mods No Masters posted:

I guess I'd rather new hardware come out on the faster side if it means fewer games come out completely hamstrung by the console itself (looking at you switch, but honestly I could sense it even in the ff7 remake 2 demo). But I'm probably less price sensitive than many gamers

New hardware is extremely unlikely to hit before 2027/28. New hardware coming doesn't mean much because new hardware is always coming

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
An Xbox hand-held would be killer, I've definitely bought a few games that were on gamepass on the switch as well because I wanted to play them on the go or on flights

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I don't care about a xbox handheld but I sure wanna see what it would look like

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

No Mods No Masters posted:

I guess I'd rather new hardware come out on the faster side if it means fewer games come out completely hamstrung by the console itself (looking at you switch, but honestly I could sense it even in the ff7 remake 2 demo).

Wow is it really that bad? FF7R felt painfully "end of generation" with the long loading screens and crevice squeezing/crouch walking/slowing to a crawl to give the game time to load, I thought that poo poo was supposed to be fixed with the amazing PS5 SSD.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

where are the apologies for all the trolling from failstation users??

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

kri kri posted:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
FF7Rebirth runs and looks worse than its cross gen prequel. its baffling

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

hanyolo posted:

An Xbox hand-held would be killer, I've definitely bought a few games that were on gamepass on the switch as well because I wanted to play them on the go or on flights

As somone who never will cloud play - i would like a steam-deck like thing for my game passes, get on it phil

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

hatty posted:

FF7Rebirth runs and looks worse than its cross gen prequel. its baffling

sounds like lazy devs

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

giving devs more powerful hardware is a waste of time

What the gently caress! Quantum of Fail-us!

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

kri kri posted:

their punishment is owning a PS5

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Everything Xbox does is so boring. This 700th microsoft business zoom had so much potential and as usual it's boring.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

kri kri posted:

As somone who never will cloud play - i would like a steam-deck like thing for my game passes, get on it phil

Yeah I tried it for a bit on the phone but the load times and having to do that every time you open the app sucks

Give me portable quick resume

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Supposedly they are patching in performance improvements for FF7R2 next week. But I just don't have a lot of patience for performance modes that can scale the game down to like sub 720p

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

BonoMan posted:

their punishment is owning a PS5

good point

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

elf help book posted:

Xteam Deck

raccoon.bmp
Feb 16, 2023

🦝

elf help book posted:

I hope its like those old fake renders

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

raccoon.bmp posted:

I hope its like those old fake renders

I'm picturing a big thick block with no curves, like a gold bar shape

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

kri kri posted:

https://twitter.com/transparencyboo/status/1757804885448204394

Anyways I missed the Xbox thing because Amazon customer service is bad but it sounds like they just announced cool and good stuff? That sucks I was ready to die but Xbox stays winning I guess :/

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

External Organs posted:

D4 is fun for like 8 hours every four months.

Yup.

Anyway lol that the big news is Pentiment going multiplatform

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Can we all calm down now? We live in an era of constant apocalypses; we don't need to make up stuff to freak out about.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Ya Timdog is a shameful dog. A bad dog, even.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1758244379427226003

Wasn't it around 25 million a year ago? This is really good growth right?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I said come in! posted:

Not really, they rolled in the Xbox Gold Only members into the Gamepass total now. So instead of being 25+11 its just one number.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Weren't some people in this thread saying it wasn't growing and they were going to shutter it. Just L after L.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Sounds like some epic Xbox Wins.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

How does Microsoft compare in this same period? And why do they ignore third party games, how many third party games on PS5 compared to Dreamcast in this period?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sounds like someones mad lol

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

I said come in! posted:

As with any success in this stupid, cursed industry, I think it's a more case of "is this growth enough to satisfy the loving shareholders?"

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Crows Turn Off posted:

How does Microsoft compare in this same period? And why do they ignore third party games, how many third party games on PS5 compared to Dreamcast in this period?

Bro you’re giving off huge dingleberry vibes rn.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

American McGay posted:

Bro you’re giving off huge dingleberry vibes rn.
Lol, I know it seems like that. I'm actually curious, to be honest. I loved the Dreamcast but I accepted it had no support whatsoever, so I'm real curious about it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

3rd party would probably be a nonsense metric because there's been more "Press X 30 times to unlock a Platinum trophy" titles then the size of the Dreamcast's library.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Okay watching the Xbox thing now and Phil talks about the non-GaaS games (so Hi-Fi Rush & Pentiment) being brought to other platforms possibly funding sequels which is rad and I hope we get a Hi-Fi Rush 2. I haven't played Pentiment but apparently it owns so I hope they get lots of money to roll around in and make more cool games too

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Crows Turn Off posted:

Sounds like a big win for the Dreamcast and yet another fail for the AIDStation 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Taking a week to address the rumors was probably a mistake. So many people took the rumors to heart and let it sink in and now have some mental inertia about accepting the truth now that it’s out. Most of the replies I’m seeing are Phil is lying, the floodgates are opening, Xbox is done as a platform, etc