Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Convex posted:

edit: might as well put something here too

Whenever somebody pronounces the company name "i-d" (eye-dee) I always laugh at them and call them an ignoramus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Convex posted:

Also, Beyond Sunset got a big update today!

Interesting. What I saw from Mr. Icarus playing it a while back was that there was a lot of combat and some real weapon imbalance. This sounds nice, and I'm glad the devs took complaints to heart. I'll have to take a look at it at some point in the future.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Whenever somebody pronounces the company name "i-d" (eye-dee) I always laugh at them and call them an ignoramus

Tom Hall is an ignorant goober.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
People call it eye dee :kstare: ? What on earth

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Milo and POTUS posted:

People call it eye dee :kstare: ? What on earth

When I was a kid we did because we didn't know the word id.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DkYNbSp7Y4

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Groovelord Neato posted:

heh, same

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Did you not have that terrible comic in the funny section?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Milo and POTUS posted:

Did you not have that terrible comic in the funny section?

You mean The Wizard of Eye Dee?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

No that's clearly john carmack. The little guy with the huge nose

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Can't post in this thread without a valid id.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
This screen is what is responsible for me thinking it was "ID" software as a kid

I don't think I ever heard the intended pronunciation until around the time of Doom 3.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Halo MCC got a minor update fixing a long-lived issue relating to increased server ticrates that effectively shortened the range of hitscan weapons in Halo 2 multiplayer.

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

Groovelord Neato posted:

I see what you did there, short-lived Polish Amiga devs Ego software

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!
:pseudo: Ideas From The Deep!

The Kins posted:

Halo MCC got a minor update fixing a long-lived issue relating to increased server ticrates that effectively shortened the range of hitscan weapons in Halo 2 multiplayer.

I like how detailed these patch notes are and their acknowledgement of fan mods.
I guess they figure that the people still playing halo are hardcore and don’t want things to be dumbed down.
Interesting how the hitscan vs ‘standard projectile’ logic has changed across different parts of the Halo series.

Coffee Jones fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Feb 15, 2024

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Not sure if it was mentioned earlier, but Cruelty Squad updated a few times this month to add achievements:

01/02/2024 posted:

Hey everyone, I added achievements for completing each of the levels. I know I said I wouldn't but I honestly just couldn't be bothered figuring out how they work. More will come later but I don't have the time right now.

03/02/2024 posted:

I added some more achievements for everyone complaining about lack of challenge. Enjoy.

These aren't marked off if you load a save where you previously did the thing so you need to replay each of the levels. Also all but two of the achievements are hidden (although there is a list of them here). Have fun!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Convex posted:

edit: might as well put something here too

Well, that's better than Ideas from the Deep. :v:

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Two Owls posted:

I see what you did there, short-lived Polish Amiga devs Ego software

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Doon in the 90s is what he started calling it once he moved to Scotland.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Arivia posted:

Doon in the 90s is what he started calling it once he moved to Scotland.

Brigadoon Act 1 Scene 1: Knee-Deep in the Hunting Trip

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Starting a new game on Dundee difficulty but I keep dying to the respawning enemies

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
picked up an armor scone you really needed!

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Milo and POTUS posted:

Starting a new game on Dundee difficulty but I keep dying to the respawning enemies

Is Dundee difficulty the one where all the enemies are turned into small blue guys with green hair who just slowly walk towards you?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

...you caught me, I don't know poo poo about dundee. I literally just looked up "most dangerous city in scotland"

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

I mean that'd explain why it's the home of GTA.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

...you caught me, I don't know poo poo about dundee. I literally just looked up "most dangerous city in scotland"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ECGKcl4s-k

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

finally got the best weapon skin in Trepang2

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

juggalo baby coffin posted:

finally got the best weapon skin in Trepang2

:nice:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Fil5000 posted:

Is Dundee difficulty the one where all the enemies are turned into small blue guys with green hair who just slowly walk towards you?

Yippee!

Birthplace of the little guy in my avatar. They even have a statue there! I'd love to go see it if I ever found myself in Scotland.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Jehde posted:

Birthplace of the little guy in my avatar. They even have a statue there! I'd love to go see it if I ever found myself in Scotland.
Lemmings really is a desperate condemnation of the average life expectancy in Dundee.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

anilEhilated posted:

Lemmings really is a desperate condemnation of the average life expectancy in Dundee.

How often does it happen that someone just stops in the middle of the street, screams "oh no" and explodes?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Angry_Ed posted:

How often does it happen that someone just stops in the middle of the street, screams "oh no" and explodes?

They call that "the Troubles."

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Arivia posted:

They call that "the Troubles."

No, that's the other Celtic country we royally hosed over,

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Draga posted:

No, that's the other Celtic country we royally hosed over,

the Isle of Man?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Wales?

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
the secret Welsh version of Pakistan that you have to do a corner strafe glitch to unlock?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Look, guys, we get it, you're all impressed at how we travelled the world ruining it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dúm

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Turok 3 just got a massive patch, on sale at 10% off
https://twitter.com/NightdiveStudio/status/1758601987871162530

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Aaah, smells like repost:
https://twitter.com/KinoFabino/status/1617945703422038021?t=S2vSC_CG0hKmptOQ9lLM0w&s=19