Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I was wondering about that with the Lantern Rite. Xianyun has her own story but it continues right into this year's Lantern Rite, and Gaming's IS the lantern rite story. The Fontaine crew in part 4 isn't as big as those (I assume, I haven't gotten to Fontaine yet so I look forward to these people trying to murder me when we meet for the "first" time later this year) but its still moments you'll miss out on if you don't do the event before it ends, or start playing afterwards.

They really should add in an event archive even if its just cutscenes to watch with automated dialogue. Or insert an in-game link to that youtube channel that archives them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Tampa Bae posted:

Oh yeah, the one where you meet Hat Guy for the first time, unless you weren't playing back then. Other than that I think she's in a single daily commission.

And that sucks because seeing her so mad at Mona she stops larping was a great moment no new player is ever going to see again. That, and Albedo's entire character arc. Plus Ayaka holding a gun. It'd be nice if they just removed the events for those but let you keep playing the stories for basic primo rewards instead of outright removing them forever. Maybe even lock them behind story keys because there's not nearly enough of them in the game to justify the rate you collect them

During one of the summer island adventure events she got a whole rear end Persona dungeon and character arc.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Also there was that event where Sucrose and Collei got character development. I have no idea what that development was because I didn't play that event, but I'm told it happened. Don't have any evidence in my game that it happened though.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

they bonded over their shared introversion

wasn't anything amazing, just a cute little moment

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Excelzior posted:

they bonded over their shared introversion

wasn't anything amazing, just a cute little moment

Yeah, I really liked it. I think it may have also been the first event where they became willing to tell stories without Traveler/Paimon needing to be there the entire time

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

star rail puts all the events with actual story in an archive and i have no idea why genshin doesnt except that they didnt do it at teh start so gently caress it

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Nakar posted:

Also there was that event where Sucrose and Collei got character development. I have no idea what that development was because I didn't play that event, but I'm told it happened. Don't have any evidence in my game that it happened though.

The event in a nutshell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9ehoYNp4o8

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Nakar posted:

I loved that scene

Kale
May 14, 2010

bagrada posted:

I was wondering about that with the Lantern Rite. Xianyun has her own story but it continues right into this year's Lantern Rite, and Gaming's IS the lantern rite story. The Fontaine crew in part 4 isn't as big as those (I assume, I haven't gotten to Fontaine yet so I look forward to these people trying to murder me when we meet for the "first" time later this year) but its still moments you'll miss out on if you don't do the event before it ends, or start playing afterwards.

They really should add in an event archive even if its just cutscenes to watch with automated dialogue. Or insert an in-game link to that youtube channel that archives them all.

Yeah after realizing that the event story pretty much expects you to have immediately played Xianyun's story quest when the patch launched, I just went ahead and triggered Xianyun's story quest, though now it's just kind of overlapping with and blocking the event quest, but I figure I'll just prioritize her story quest now once it's unmoored from the Mt. Aocang area. It's been pretty evident from what I've done of the even though that Gaming is the main character of it and will be the constant throughout the 4 parts. Still have 2 parts to go.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Endorph posted:

star rail puts all the events with actual story in an archive and i have no idea why genshin doesnt except that they didnt do it at teh start so gently caress it

There's definitely an element of FOMO to it, where they want people to feel like they absolutely need to be checking back in every patch to see the new stuff before it's gone forever. I'm more surprised by Star Rail doing it than Genshin not doing it, but I think Star Rail has more of a need to keep all the content it can since it doesn't have nearly the amount of exploration content. I'd be thrilled if they decided the FOMO thing is overrated and brought it over to Genshin though.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The game is too loving big, I dunno how you sanely manage that stuff.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Oh god imagine how many character and location conflicts the quests would have if they just dumped everything in all at once.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

do it, April fools

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Genshin needs a way to module the DLC because right now, getting half the events back will probably make Genshin closer to 150 or 200 gb without a choice.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im pretty sure all the event voices and maps and stuff stay in your files even when theyre over which is part of why the games filesize is so massive

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Eimi posted:

Dehya/Candace is 100% fanon. It's Dunyazard/Dehya. :colbert:

Bit late, but this is absolutely correct.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you

Endorph posted:

im pretty sure all the event voices and maps and stuff stay in your files even when theyre over which is part of why the games filesize is so massive

I could swear they added an option last year to delete those, but maybe it's mobile only.

The fact they were there the entire time without event replay is pretty puzzling.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Baiard posted:

I could swear they added an option last year to delete those, but maybe it's mobile only.

The fact they were there the entire time without event replay is pretty puzzling.

That option as for Mainline Quests I believe?

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

bagrada posted:

:agreed:
I kick myself for missing the amazing Venti-Zhongli awkward dinner party at last year's Lantern Rite, and I'm legit sad for any new players after next week who will have missed the single greatest moment in the game to date (IMHOYMMVTYVM): Neuvillette's gift of the Neuviladle. (Hopefully, for their sake, the game will let you buy that later from a Fontaine vendor.)

I also wish we could replay story quests the same way we can hangouts.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAZrHc4n47w

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

everytime I see Nilou without the horns my brain needs half a second to process it

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Finally finished building Xianyun and Faruzan (got her c6 so she got a new build) so I'm finally moving on to Gaming. And I gotta say, I kinda regret not getting his c5 from the picker lol. He's actually very fun, and I wouldn't mind fishing for his c6 on the Xianyun banner. I guess I still can... I won't get owned... I won't get owned...

Oh, forgot to update Genshin on my phone :effort:

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Heall yeag two Gamings in a single 10 pull #neverpunished
And a C7+ Noelle so actually more like 9 pulls :cool:

Once again proving that pulling for four stars, is good actually. Even for cons that aren't really that necessary. Especially on five stars you already have, and whose dupes aren't particularly useful. And ESPECIALLY if you're saving for characters whose release/rerun is imminent. There is, literally no downside :buddy:

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hey, guys? What’s the deal with this radiant sphere under a force field barrier north of Qingce Village? Can we get down in there somehow?

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Yes, it's part of a world quest:

The Chi of Yore

...not sure how I remembered the exact quest name after all this time :confused:

Edit: It's cause I misremembered it :rip:

But does anyone remember when leakers said that the granny from this quest was allegedly gonna ve a playable character? Ah, good times :allears:

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Feb 17, 2024

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ohhhh yeah I have vague memories of that quest.

This is why I created a second account — I do pay attention, and I like reading all the dialogue and books for lore, but my memory’s as bad as Bosacius’s.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Cool Tiktok

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Just finished Cloud Retainer's story quest, and absolutely adored it. They went all in on her being Birdmom lol.

Just a lot of great little moments in this one, with Traveler being all "oh she's hot" when they first see her from afar, her fretting over her kids, the cutscene towards the end, and Paimon in general this quest. Also if I didn't know better, the interaction being Birdmom and Zhongli at the end would have screamed "oh poo poo I just ran into my ex and they're still hot."

My only question is, I figured this quest would involve the new region so I avoided exploring it until now. Is there another quest for it that I missed? I ended up absorbing some spoilers from the thread by accident that I thought were for the CR quest like Traveler pretending to be like Xingqiu. Do I need to visit the new region first to trigger it, or is there someone outside I need to talk to first?

Shinji2015 fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Feb 17, 2024

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
This upcoming weapon banner is particularly terrible and I wont be wishing on it but I am still curious: Do the elemental skill/elemental dmg bonuses on Kagura's Verity remain when off-field like the widsith or do the effects only work when the user is on field like favonius weapons/lost prayer?

Yae Miko's damage does not snapshot when she goes off-field I am fairly certain of this.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Images that make you say hmmm
Furina, Xianyun, and Bennett sure are characters in the video game, "Genshin Impact"

Gaming build:

Oh, and all the 5 stars are C0 (including Tighnari :(). I think they went overboard with making the second side the dedicated timewaster. So if you got the Fox team and know how to play it well you can just do whatever you want to clear the first side.

OR

Gaming is pretty busted (I don't think it's this one but it might be :shrug:)

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

The stacks all have the same duration and persist off field so she has no issues using her prf in her normal playstyle. I've finally decided I shall not be going for Chiori given she requires c1 and is just a decent geo dps at the end of the day, so I might change this horrible no good weapon banner because I have no 5* catalysts and Verity is a pretty good one.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Another great reason to skip chiori: she uses spectre mats AND the event weapon next patch uses spectre mats.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Digging this new combat event of pick from these trial characters and try to beat the challenges in under 90 seconds. I only did the first one on pro so far but it took me a few tries admittedly with round 4 being the main holdup since Furina isnt pickable till the end and I wanted to make sure Neuvillete was united with her at the end so ended up going with a punchmans team of Dehya, Yelan, Wrio and Barbara for Round 3 figuring if nothing else it'd work well with the gimmick of HP changing for the buff, and what do you know Dehya actually came through and was able to take advantage of Vape and the buffs pretty well. She was actually outdamaging Wriothsley with her burst surprisingly.

Its like the Herta thing where the pretty blah character actually proves good under very specific conditions. Anyway I like that this event kind of requires you to know your characters a bit to get through it.

Kale fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Feb 17, 2024

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The key to smooth sailing on today's event variant is Ayato. I don't have him so no Constellations are interfering, the trial version is just extremely jacked for some reason. Wriothesley is also not to be slept on for the first two rounds.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Shinji2015 posted:

My only question is, I figured this quest would involve the new region so I avoided exploring it until now. Is there another quest for it that I missed? I ended up absorbing some spoilers from the thread by accident that I thought were for the CR quest like Traveler pretending to be like Xingqiu. Do I need to visit the new region first to trigger it, or is there someone outside I need to talk to first?
You just walk in, yeah. (It also doesn't matter where you walk into it.)

The event quest does eventually lead you to the new area, but the event quest also seems to expect you to have done the Cloud Retainer story quest first.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I got bird mom

doing the big plunge is epic

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No Wave posted:

Another great reason to skip chiori: she uses spectre mats AND the event weapon next patch uses spectre mats.

We need more Ley Lines that give you an enemy chart and also have different enemies in them. I always need spectre mats and handguards. At this point I'm just adding those to the shopping list and buying them with the stardust along with the 10 fates every month.

Incoherence posted:

The event quest does eventually lead you to the new area, but the event quest also seems to expect you to have done the Cloud Retainer story quest first.

It did suggest that you do Xinyaun's Story Quest first when I tried to start it so yeah.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

RareAcumen posted:

We need more Ley Lines that give you an enemy chart and also have different enemies in them. I always need spectre mats and handguards. At this point I'm just adding those to the shopping list and buying them with the stardust along with the 10 fates every month.
Every time I remember specter mats exist, I go to one particular place in Sumeru with a pack of 5 of them, and someday I will be able to ascend Kokomi to 90. (The little canyon just northeast of where it says Fane of Ashvattha on the map.) Trying to farm them from Inazuma is painful.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yeah, that sumeru spot and the southeast of the kokomi island are where I grab spectres

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
I always just go to the outer isles in Enkanomiya for spectres (putting a portable waypoint on top of the southern one)