Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Grape is always a gamble flavour because sometimes it’s the good weird chemical grape flavouring flavour and other times it’s the gross actual fruit flavour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Steve Yun posted:

Taking a week to address the rumors was probably a mistake. So many people took the rumors to heart and let it sink in and now have some mental inertia about accepting the truth now that it’s out. Most of the replies I’m seeing are Phil is lying, the floodgates are opening, Xbox is done as a platform, etc

Counterpoint: all these people are dumb as gently caress, demonstrating this to the world in public is a situation entirely of their own creation, and they deserve to be laughed at relentlessly.

That's not on Phil (although lol, lmao if he held this back a week for exactly this reason)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

Taking a week to address the rumors was probably a mistake. So many people took the rumors to heart and let it sink in and now have some mental inertia about accepting the truth now that it’s out. Most of the replies I’m seeing are Phil is lying, the floodgates are opening, Xbox is done as a platform, etc

Who's saying that Phil is lying? I think he's telling the truth when he says that Starfield will not be among the first four Xbox games to come to PS5.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

elf help book posted:

I don't care about a xbox handheld but I sure wanna see what it would look like

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bumhead posted:

Counterpoint: all these people are dumb as gently caress

they have the brains of chimpanzees

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Ok now I'm interested

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

SUNKOS posted:

Okay watching the Xbox thing now and Phil talks about the non-GaaS games (so Hi-Fi Rush & Pentiment) being brought to other platforms possibly funding sequels which is rad and I hope we get a Hi-Fi Rush 2. I haven't played Pentiment but apparently it owns so I hope they get lots of money to roll around in and make more cool games too

Yep. Huge win for Xbox today, as predicted.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Phil underestimated how dumb people on twitter and tiktok are. For this he should be executed

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Steve Yun posted:

Brother you fell for the stupid rear end rumors and are now in here citing the same dumbasses as a reason why even though none of that stuff that you thought was gonna happen happened it still might happen because…? Lol

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a2vVcZ93ii8

New game got announced a couple days ago amidst all the hubbub

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Steve Yun posted:

Where are you seeing these replies?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

Yeah, this announcement literally could have been a Tweet put out two weeks ago, and would have headed off a ton of drama that probably hurt Xbox significantly. Was it stupid? Yes, but it probably still hurt the Xbox brand more than it should have.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

univbee posted:

and would have headed off a ton of drama that probably hurt Xbox significantly. Was it stupid? Yes, but it probably still hurt the Xbox brand more than it should have.

It didn't "hurt the brand significantly" lol. Get your heads out of your asses.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

American McGay posted:

Brother you fell for the stupid rear end rumors and are now in here citing the same dumbasses as a reason why even though none of that stuff that you thought was gonna happen happened it still might happen because…? Lol

I fell for it but unlike a lot of the twitter replies I accept I was wrong

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Seltzer posted:

They can’t be helped.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Okay I finished it and that whole thing was basically Phil, Sarah & Matt sat there saying how much Xbox owns lol like it's funny but also weird like "Hey we need to provide everyone with a business update" "Okay uh what do we say" "Business is fuckin' great!!"

They're just sat there bragging like c'mon we could have had a 5 second loop of Phil doing cock windmills instead

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

SUNKOS posted:

Okay I finished it and that whole thing was basically Phil, Sarah & Matt sat there saying how much Xbox owns lol like it's funny but also weird like "Hey we need to provide everyone with a business update" "Okay uh what do we say" "Business is fuckin' great!!"

They're just sat there bragging like c'mon we could have had a 5 second loop of Phil doing cock windmills instead

I had "Phil stands up and immediately drops his trousers" on my bingo card.

Are you now telling me this didn't happen? Fucks sake.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Podcast was pretty good. Nice to see that Xbox is still looking for growth and strength.

Sounds like another win to me.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Bumhead posted:

Counterpoint: all these people are dumb as gently caress, demonstrating this to the world in public is a situation entirely of their own creation, and they deserve to be laughed at relentlessly.

That's not on Phil (although lol, lmao if he held this back a week for exactly this reason)

is this, these people are mentally ill and who cares

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

univbee posted:

Yeah, this announcement literally could have been a Tweet put out two weeks ago, and would have headed off a ton of drama that probably hurt Xbox significantly. Was it stupid? Yes, but it probably still hurt the Xbox brand more than it should have.

It wouldn't have prevented anything, the rumor machine was in overdrive mode.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Seltzer posted:

Yeah if this is brand damaging I sure hope no one is not releasing any first party games until mid 2025. That would be an epic brand fail

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Bumhead posted:

I had "Phil stands up and immediately drops his trousers" on my bingo card.

Are you now telling me this didn't happen? Fucks sake.

No soup can :smith:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

xbox is fine!!! its still winning!

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Panicking on X (Twitter) about Xbox Series X (the fourth Xbox)

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

X, the everything box

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Perhaps instead of console warrior bullshit and nonsense rumors people can play video games available on their X-Box Series X or Series S?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Has anyone checked on Timdog??? :ohdear:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dewgy posted:

He couldnt even find the podcast on Youtube, he needed his followers to help him.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

I said come in! posted:

He couldnt even find the podcast on Youtube, he needed his followers to help him.

lmao

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Steve Yun posted:

I fell for it but unlike a lot of the twitter replies I accept I was wrong
Your reaction to being fooled by morons on twitter is to keep reading morons on twitter? Log off dude, that poo poo is straight up poison.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

hanyolo posted:

Yeah if this is brand damaging I sure hope no one is not releasing any first party games until mid 2025. That would be an epic brand fail
They aren't releasing any new entries in major existing franchises in 2024, which basically means no new Spider-Man game, no new God of War game, and no new Last of Us game.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Volte posted:

They aren't releasing any new entries in major existing franchises in 2024, which basically means no new Spider-Man game, no new God of War game, and no new Last of Us game.

This sounds dire

no wonder they have so much time trolling in this thread and on the internet

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Oh no. How terrible.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Volte posted:

I was at least hoping we would get Gran Turismo 8 this year.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Dewgy posted:

He bought a PS5 which fell on him and crushed his legs, trapping him. No one heard his feeble screams and he died shortly after. The neighbours called the fire department because of the smell but it turned out that’s just how his place normally smells and he hadn’t started decomposing yet. He was 35.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

xbox stays winning and ps5 gets some fun too :cheers:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Let’s find timdog and kick his loving rear end!!!

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

Volte posted:

Are these all PS exclusives? I kinda assumed Spider-Man was cross-platform.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lines posted:

Are these all PS exclusives? I kinda assumed Spider-Man was cross-platform.

Spider-Man is sony royalty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

That Spider-man 2 game that was on the OG Xbox was pretty good.