Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I freaking love Joey and kaili and Michael Matthews and all the supporting cast of this show. Somehow they get drat near perfect performances out of everyone, it’s amazing honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Salt Fish posted:

Some heinetwork.tv highlights if you missed them:

Joey's Corner a new series by Joey P:
https://www.heinetwork.tv/article/joeys-corner-being-co-host-of-on-cinema-has-been-a-blast/

Baboon Money Lost:
https://www.heinetwork.tv/article/lost-jamiroque-hat-found/

Gregg's new blog "Movie Time" has 2 articles:
https://www.heinetwork.tv/movie-time/

Deck of Cards now out on VHS
https://oncinema.merchtable.com/media/deck-of-cards-vhs

ty op

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

mst4k posted:

I freaking love Joey and kaili and Michael Matthews and all the supporting cast of this show. Somehow they get drat near perfect performances out of everyone, it’s amazing honestly.

I just love how every season Tim's look starts to look more and more like a kind of crank.

Last season felt like Modern Day Jim Bruer and this season he's going into that Jordan Peterson vibe and no matter what, he just gets more and more corrupt.

It's honestly the biggest piece of art of modern society.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

mst4k posted:

At some point they realized the joe estevez model of “character who is doing everything possible to reach their obligated goals but otherwise thinks as little of on cinema as possible” is a sure fire winner

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

duomo posted:

this week's podcast is a real popcorn classic

Another winner

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I think it's really funny that on cinema encore ended after 4 episodes

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
lmao what the hell, I knew about Gregg in Ant-Man and Tim in F4ntastic, but I hadn't noticed that Tim's in Ant-Man & The Wasp.

Where he plays a maritime tour guide.
And hints they'll see some humpback whales.
And calls himself a "whale-head".
In a film set in San Francisco.
Which is the second movie in its series.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i had a similar revelation as it resolved the only question i had regarding one of tim's best oscar outfits

can't believe we got madame web before whaleman

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Honestly the worst thing Tim did during the trial was getting a false witness to disagree with Gregg on which Star Trek movie was set in San Francisco, which I believe is treason but I am not a lawyer

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

That DICK! posted:

i had a similar revelation as it resolved the only question i had regarding one of tim's best oscar outfits

can't believe we got madame web before whaleman

dewey from malcolm all grown up

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Dagestani Tim is one of the best and most underrated Tim looks imho

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
There's an On Cinema book called the On Cinema Reader and it kicks rear end. It's got summaries and photos from every episode with extra trivia and stuff. Here is the introduction on page 1

quote:

Movies are not that important.

They are a minor distraction from daily life and the toils and sacrifices strong minded people must face each day as they persevere though many trials and troubles against all odds. I have faced these challenges each and every day as I try and make the world a better place through my example and more importantly my deeds. This is self evident and obvious to most, if not all.

The On Cinema At the Cinema show was a minor project in the list of many things I am more proud of and continue to develop as I grow as an artist, entrepreneur, community leader and inspiration to so many. This book needlessly chronicles the many reviews we gave over several years but more importantly it shines a light on the many more important elements of my life, including the number one rock group, Dekkar, the hit EDM group DKR as well as the hit television show, Decker.

I have very little respect for those who mire themselves in the muck of knowing useless trivia and pointless data about movies, and unfortunately this book is peppered in with wasted ink and pulp. We worked hard with the publisher to extract these pages, or at least make them easy to remove for the vast multitudes of readers who wish to avoid such uselessness. Unfortunately, we were unable to perforate these sections so you will be required to use a little extra force to extract these pages. Or you can just avoid this book completely! There are so many other things you can be doing with your time.

All the best,
Tim Heidecker 2019
Whaleman 2020

Salt Fish fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Feb 17, 2024

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
That book rules. My brother bought me a copy as a thank you for taking him to see Tim in concert over the summer.

The best part is that Tim's introduction has the formatting of a high school student struggling to meet the minimum word count, and on the back of the page is Gregg's introduction in noticeably smaller font size and tighter line spacing.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

So upset that Gregg potentially ruined this film!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

kalensc posted:

lmao what the hell, I knew about Gregg in Ant-Man and Tim in F4ntastic, but I hadn't noticed that Tim's in Ant-Man & The Wasp.

Where he plays a maritime tour guide.

Holy poo poo, I hadn't made that connection.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

kalensc posted:

Honestly this kind of single-handedly elevates Peyton Reed in my mind above "paint-by-the-numbers studio insert guy" I always thought of him until now.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
New post:
https://www.heinetwork.tv/article/former-dkr-members-axiom-manuel-are-illegal-immigrants-a-hei-investigative-reporting-special/

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

I like how the former step-son is a barely mentioned thing at the bottom of the page. surely something brewing on that front for tomorrow

edit to update : the podcast for the latest episode is brilliant. i knew i was in for something special when i heard the old intro but buried underneath BK ads, then it's a re-run of a season 1 ep. goddamn.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Feb 20, 2024

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

For some reason, I can’t stop thinking about the report on Jamiroquai’s hat. Just something so perfectly dumb and earnest about it, I keep thinking about it and laughing.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
i hope we get to see automaton at amatocon

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Tim could not be acting guiltier, haha.

Also loved how bored Gregg was with the discussion of Matt’s critical condition. And throwing Axiom under the bus.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
"what film?" lol

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Seems like Joey P might have had a little too much of that Patron he loves so much

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
holllly poo poo, what an episode, so its supposed to be tim in the video, right? it sounded like his voice to me. i feel like we're supposed to know who it is. or else he coerced mark somehow into doing it.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

derp posted:

holllly poo poo, what an episode, so its supposed to be tim in the video, right? it sounded like his voice to me. i feel like we're supposed to know who it is. or else he coerced mark somehow into doing it.

In the video you can see bullet holes on the shooter appear, so I don't think it can be T.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
I really feel like it's gonna be Joey

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The shooter looks like they've got an extra 30 pounds on Joey just going by the chin. No offense to whoever it actually is.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh my God I saw just the thumbnail and my jaw dropped.

Brilliant detective Gregg has it figured out instantly.

I would love to see a movie about a film expert who solves crimes because he understands how criminals think because of watching so many movies

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
it really looks and sounds like tim. maybe he's hiding a wound. also lolling so much at him thinking he said 'are you home' loll, imagine asking that to someone who just answered the door

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Salt Fish posted:

The shooter looks like they've got an extra 30 pounds on Joey just going by the chin. No offense to whoever it actually is.

Chris Amato

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

but what movie was matt watching

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
It was Maggie Simpson.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
shooter looks a bit like mark

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

The shooting happened prior to last week's episode and Joey was unexpectedly out for that one...

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The shooter's shoes have high contrast laces compared to the shoe itself. I checked Tim, Gregg, Mark, and Joe's shoes from the Pep Boys test footage but no matches.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Salt Fish posted:

goon chin blindness strikes again

It's been so blindingly obvious that G. Amato had Chris Amato killed, and was sending Joey to deal with the Toni situation the same way. I said as much before the Matt shooting was even revealed.

Joey saying, after an ominous fireside chat with Tim and G. Amato, that he didn't have time to see a movie because of work, and because of "additional workload from work that's come up because of certain people's actions"

This being how G. Amato solves his problems, and being mad at Gregg for blowing the Pep Boys/Baboons budget bodes very interestingly. He believes in the power of mercy. Do you?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Chris Amato is alive imo

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

ALFbrot posted:

Joey saying, after an ominous fireside chat with Tim and G. Amato, that he didn't have time to see a movie because of work, and because of "additional workload from work that's come up because of certain people's actions"

Yeah.. he has to secure additional funding for the pep boys movie because a certain someone (gregg) took certain action (buying a fake prop broom for $1000).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Salt Fish posted:

Yeah.. he has to secure additional funding for the pep boys movie because a certain someone (gregg) took certain action (buying a fake prop broom for $1000).

$6000, but he can already sell it for 6600