Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Was posted already but still hilarious
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxdJG0AqA5Iv1lbeDsUeiQ_OwDkCxHHB7v?feature=shared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

MrQwerty posted:

yes it's all over and "TRUMP" is getting reinstated as "PRESIDENT" tomorrow

or maybe not? gotta watch the news to find out!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I heard that the USA and Denmark are the only two countries with debt ceilings and in Denmark it doesn't actually mean anything. It's just performative or something. I didn't read much into it.

I mean, it doesn't matter here either, but it's a talking point for republicans who somehow are the only people to skyrocket it.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

cr0y posted:

My take on today:

Willis probably didn't use the greatest judgement and probably was sloppy with documenting cash flow on some nickel and dime poo poo that is "technically" receiving of gifts but I don't think it rose to corruption or any actual motivation other than being in a relationship with someone in your career orbit.

It definitely was not some elaborate scheme to funnel tax payer money to her gently caress buddy.

I think this is gonna get tossed and it will be all eyes back on the RICO case.

I think Yeartie's testimony is damning but it's uncorroborated and state will call witnesses against her tomorrow.

Wade and Willis come across as genuine.

The romantic relationship is dumb for both of them but ultimately I don't think it hurt anyone or anything.

Defense lawyers are not great.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

bird with big dick posted:

I read on pdw that Fani got wrecked and Trump is total exoneration is this true

Yes, and everyone clapped, saluted the flag and with tears in their eyes said "My god forgive us for what we have done to the honorable and rightful President Trump."

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Missed this tweet

Three Olives posted:

Had to step out for a moment, but do they understand at all how friendships and romantic relationships work and they can in fact be different status of the same personal connection that changes, sometimes back and forth?

This was a pretty good accidental sequential post combo

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Missed this tweet

Pretty sure the latter couple dated before they had the kids but I dunno. LOL they're soooo mad the Chiefs won.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

cr0y posted:

My take on today:

Willis probably didn't use the greatest judgement and probably was sloppy with documenting cash flow on some nickel and dime poo poo that is "technically" receiving of gifts but I don't think it rose to corruption or any actual motivation other than being in a relationship with someone in your career orbit.

It definitely was not some elaborate scheme to funnel tax payer money to her gently caress buddy.

I think this is gonna get tossed and it will be all eyes back on the RICO case.

This was obvious going in. If there had been something to this, only the most corrupt and stupid of prosecutors wouldn't have already recused themselves when it was blowing up. You don't get to Fani Willis' position without knowing how to avoid the landmines.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Three Olives posted:

Yes, and everyone clapped, saluted the flag and with tears in their eyes said "My god forgive us for what we have done to the honorable and rightful President Trump."

all you doomposters should turn off your monitors, take a good long look at ya’llselves, and consider what it means to be a dimmer light in this world than three olives

Neodymium
Jun 23, 2012

zone posted:

Nobody say anything about the child and domestic abuse, though. Another feature of based trad evangelical families.

Content warning up front this is a little heavy for the lol thread

I had friends from two traditional families growing up.

The oldest son in one of those families got away with systematic abuse over years with only a "get out of the house" because parents didn't want to get the cops involved.

In the other, only child killed his dad during a family fight, alleged abuse as a defense at trial. Five years served, five more until eligible for parole, twenty more on the full sentence.

I swear to god, the current ideology of the GOP feels like a trail-mix of incoherent bullet-points blended specifically to justify whatever flavor of violence their gut craves in the moment.
Their intended basic social structure would be something like the Duggar family but with more orange idol-worship and their dead/jailed members being martyrs instead of convicted chomos.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Missed this tweet

Lmao posting a picture of active cringe

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

What are the conditions for the judge to remove Willis? Is it something as vague as "the appearance of impropriety" or there some defined standard?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

nm

Neodymium
Jun 23, 2012
Quote is not edit oops

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
men build families and move to russia

https://twitter.com/ChudsOfTikTok/status/1758041553967186159

when you 1488 but russia takes half even though communism gone so it's 744

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight
https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1758262538385461291

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I heard that the USA and Denmark are the only two countries with debt ceilings and in Denmark it doesn't actually mean anything. It's just performative or something. I didn't read much into it.

I mean, it doesn't matter here either, but it's a talking point for republicans who somehow are the only people to skyrocket it.

The US is a real country in the same way the WWE is real wrestling

And people watch it just waiting for someone to get hit by a chair.

Donald Trump on the stand in Georgia having just sat through everybody he knows throwing him under the bus, broadcast on Youtube, is our Wrestlemania.

I hope The Rock doesn't ruin this one too.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 15, 2024

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

Alan Smithee posted:

:ohdear:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

BigHead posted:

I really like this Judge. And I'm saying this as a career lawyer who's been in front of a lot of lovely judges.

Thank you for being part of the RIGGED and DISGRACED swamp

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

zone posted:

Nobody say anything about the child and domestic abuse, though. Another feature of based trad evangelical families.
It really says something that chuds' picture of an ideal happy family involves a woman actively trying to avoid a man's advances.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I just hope that Engoron doesn't wait until 5pm to release his ruling tomorrow

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

kazil posted:

HUGE DUMPS ON A FRIDAY :yum:

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

kazil posted:

I want him to release a single number of the total every 30 minutes. Every half hour people will be eagerly awaiting for him to say "decimal point".

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

This is good stuff, right there. Just on the first page, Trump's lawyers basically go: "The prosecution seem to be in a bit of a rush, we can't possibly see why that could be the case".

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Alan Smithee posted:

I don't know what's better...

- the fact that these delicate snowflakes fled to a country about which they know nothing and whose language they don't speak at all, solely to flee the EVIL GAYS
OR
- the fact that the VERY SECOND things got difficult they're boo-hooing a sob story on the internet and are ready to abandon their plan and GTFO

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
So what are people saying about the Supreme Court granting a stay . Is that very likely?

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

I'm all for fascists loving off out of sane countries for the gulags they think might be better places but those kids don't deserve that. What absolute loving poo poo-eating parents.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Neodymium posted:

Content warning up front this is a little heavy for the lol thread

I had friends from two traditional families growing up.

The oldest son in one of those families got away with systematic abuse over years with only a "get out of the house" because parents didn't want to get the cops involved.

In the other, only child killed his dad during a family fight, alleged abuse as a defense at trial. Five years served, five more until eligible for parole, twenty more on the full sentence.

I swear to god, the current ideology of the GOP feels like a trail-mix of incoherent bullet-points blended specifically to justify whatever flavor of violence their gut craves in the moment.
Their intended basic social structure would be something like the Duggar family but with more orange idol-worship and their dead/jailed members being martyrs instead of convicted chomos.

:smith:

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

kazil posted:

I think Yeartie's testimony is damning but it's uncorroborated and state will call witnesses against her tomorrow.

The fact that it is uncorroborated and was based entirely on "I heard a rumor" makes it the opposite of damning.

big nipples big life posted:

What are the conditions for the judge to remove Willis? Is it something as vague as "the appearance of impropriety" or there some defined standard?

There has to be some established way that the conflict of interest could have affected the case in some form, really. That's why they've been banking on it both happening earlier and proving that it was a means to funnel money to Wade. Without that, they got nothing.

Kchama fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 16, 2024

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

TrumpLOL Thread: Come Read Why This Is Bad For Biden

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

morningdrew posted:

lmao they have him penned in LIKE A DOG

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Hollismason posted:

So what are people saying about the Supreme Court granting a stay . Is that very likely?

I have heard almost no good reason why they would even if they want to put their own stamp of approval on the lower courts ruling other than just blatant partisan hackery. That being said they absolutely might do it still lol. I mean there is really good arguments for them to not even grant cert.

So therefore because this is the stupidest time line they will probably grant the stay.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

:lol:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Lpzie posted:

I think President Donald Trump will come out of this woke situation completely innocent and only more powerful than ever before. A lot of Americans, such as myself and 1/3 of the country and even some Democrats I've spoken with, feel the same way. We're fired up to vote on Nov 5th and fix this crumbling empire.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol some light trolling GBS gets 30 days and the loser IK is probing with...Ukraine stuff???. some real reddit rear end cheerleading poo poo going on around here

speaking of Ukraine, its gonna be good when trump wins because he will end the pointless Ukraine war and thatll stop people getting conscripted and dying for nothing

zone
Dec 6, 2016

CODChimera posted:

lol some light trolling GBS gets 30 days and the loser IK is probing with...Ukraine stuff???. some real reddit rear end cheerleading poo poo going on around here

speaking of Ukraine, its gonna be good when trump wins because he will end the pointless Ukraine war and thatll stop people getting conscripted and dying for nothing

:frogout:

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
lol cspammers are tankie babies

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

MechaX posted:

The entire loving point of the Hunter Laptop was that it was proof of this, right?

lol, lmao

CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/15/politics/former-fbi-informant-charged-biden-burisma/index.html
ABC News: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/special-counsel-charges-fbi-confidential-source-alexander-smirnov/story?id=107275129
Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/mollybohannon/2024/02/15/former-biden-fbi-informant-arrested-for-alleged-false-statements/?sh=67e33e46d674
WaPo: https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2024/02/15/hunter-biden-informant-indicted-fbi-burisma/

Fox News:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

lol cspammers are tankie babies

:wrong: im maga communist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
the guy started his campaign with fantasizing about murdering people in the streets