Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

That was mildly interesting thank you for posting :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
Jon Kitna

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
Mike Williams OT

Mike Williams Wr

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Weebly posted:

Mike Williams OT

Mike Williams Wr

Mike Williams, other WR

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Charles Rogers

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Carlos Rodgers

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

JerMichael Finley

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fartknocker posted:

Mildly interesting story: His name popped up among a list of college players some friends of mine ran across years ago, and amused by it, we added it to our “Space Names” list since it sounded like something out of Gundam or Star Wars, and we always needed extra names for nerdly RPG purposes. A few years later, I’m playing Madden and he’s on the Giants depth chart, and ended up being my leading rusher in franchise mode for a while.

were we in the same irc channel back in the day...

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Alaois posted:

were we in the same irc channel back in the day...

I was off IRC for years by that time, but one of the guys from the same group was another Houston Texans fan who used to post here years ago, and he might have been on IRC still then...

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

fartknocker posted:

Jermaine Wiggins

Wiggy is one of the morning guys on WEEI up in Boston now. He is decidedly not a smart man.

I dont know much about his football career other than he played for the Florida Tuskers in the UFL.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

Wiggy is one of the morning guys on WEEI up in Boston now. He is decidedly not a smart man.

I dont know much about his football career other than he played for the Florida Tuskers in the UFL.

He caught a touchdown during the Monday Night Miracle, was on one of those early Patriots teams that won a Super Bowl (Maybe the first?), and I think was on the Vikings during the Culpepper-Moss seasons from vague 2K5 memories.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Dylan Haines, a safety during the late Mack Brown and Charlie Strong eras.

He had two signature moves. One was to be too slow to catch a WR, make a desperate diving attempt at a tackle, and end up face down on the turf. The other was to intercept the ball. Just weird ballhawk ability to come up with a ball if it was ever up for grabs where he was. Led at least one terrible Texas team in INTs.

He’s a real estate agent now.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Aaron Gibson. Never did much but is the first NFL player to ever be listed at 400 lbs.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fartknocker posted:

I was off IRC for years by that time, but one of the guys from the same group was another Houston Texans fan who used to post here years ago, and he might have been on IRC still then...

I ask because back in the day i would post football player names that are also gundam names in irc and Orleans Darkwa was considered one of the best of them all

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Tully Banta-Cain

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Aeneas Williams.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Rashean Mathis

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Robert Porcher

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Pierre Thomas
Patrick Crayton
Selvin Young

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Corzaa posted:

Aeneas Williams.

Aeneas Williams is great because he's a straight-up HOFer and still makes perfect sense on this list. A career on the Cardinals'll do that I guess

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Black Lighter posted:

Aeneas Williams is great because he's a straight-up HOFer and still makes perfect sense on this list. A career on the Cardinals'll do that I guess

They proceeded to do the exact same thing with Adrian Wilson except he isn't even getting into the hall :(

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Wayne Haddix

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
David Fulcher

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Steven Jackson

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
Stephen Davis

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Chris Warren

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Kelechi Osemele

Good player. Top tier name. Terrific mouth feel on that one.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Julius Jones

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Julian Peterson

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
Doug Peterson

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Josh Freeman

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
Josh Gordon

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Bruce Gradkowski

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Alge Crumpler, the long time Falcons TE the Pats brought in in 2010 in case their draft picks Gronk and Aaron Hernandez didn't work out

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Elvis Grbac

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Jerry Porter

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Charlie Garner

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Marquis Cooper

RIP what a goddamn tragedy
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marquis_Cooper

On a side note, the pigeon kickoff was apparently right where Cooper would typically line up

https://x.com/Raiders/status/1257740716274446339?s=20

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Alge Crumpler - I remember when they got it schemed out so Revis was covering Alge Crumpler. That was a waste of Revis' talents.
https://www.patspulpit.com/2011/1/13/1932646/patriots-vs-jets-x-factor-julian-edelman

Elvis Grbac - Someone in 1998 told People magazine's photographer, "Go photograph the Chiefs' Quarterback." This was before smartphones and the internet, they meant Rich Gannon. The photographer got Elvis Grbac instead. That is how he was selected "Sexiest Man Alive" by People Magazine in 1998.

Not sure why he doesn't have shoes on.

Anderson Koopa fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Feb 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Jeff Hostetler