Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Maybe I'm forgetting one, but I feel like the batman cartoon didn't generate any memes. Whereas wolverine touching picture on the bed endures to this day.

Presumably this is the greenlighting criteria

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Mozi posted:

somewhere in sony: "I said I wanted Loki appeal! Loki!"

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

dr_rat posted:

If your going to re-do a 90's comic cartoon it really should of been Batman: The Animated Serious. As you know that was legitimately good, with great writing and amazing art style that still holds up incredibly well today.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/gargoyles-live-action-tv-show-reboot-1235342849/
The worst timeline.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

dr_rat posted:

If your going to re-do a 90's comic cartoon it really should of been Batman: The Animated Serious. As you know that was legitimately good, with great writing and amazing art style that still holds up incredibly well today.

You have listed a bunch of reasons to NOT redo it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

No Mods No Masters posted:

Maybe I'm forgetting one, but I feel like the batman cartoon didn't generate any memes. Whereas wolverine touching picture on the bed endures to this day.

Presumably this is the greenlighting criteria

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Dakota Johnson in that mesh dress at the LA premiere was probably the only good thing to come out of that movie hachi machi

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

dr_rat posted:

Counterpoint: leave it all alone.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Feels like a missed opportunity to not start that trailer with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV675Uu2mps

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

priznat posted:

Dakota Johnson in that mesh dress at the LA premiere was probably the only good thing to come out of that movie hachi machi

She’s had to run an absolute gauntlet of lovely junket interviews while doing promotion for this movie. Every halfwit entertainment reporter who sat down with her was either trying to trick her into saying something bad about the movie (which she’s contractually forbidden from doing) or trying to subtly dunk on her and thinking she didn’t notice. So good for her getting to show up and look amazing and remind everyone that no matter how bad the movie is, she got paid millions for it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

dr_rat posted:

Bruce Timm refuses to leave it alone and every time he returns to it we get dogshit like The Killing Joke or the Harley Quinn movie where she rapes Nightwing for fun.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

LanceHunter posted:

She’s had to run an absolute gauntlet of lovely junket interviews while doing promotion for this movie. Every halfwit entertainment reporter who sat down with her was either trying to trick her into saying something bad about the movie (which she’s contractually forbidden from doing) or trying to subtly dunk on her and thinking she didn’t notice. So good for her getting to show up and look amazing and remind everyone that no matter how bad the movie is, she got paid millions for it.

one of the many advantages of being a legacy actor is learning how to navigate the press.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Arc Hammer posted:

Bruce Timm refuses to leave it alone and every time he returns to it we get dogshit like The Killing Joke or the Harley Quinn movie where she rapes Nightwing for fun.

I was going to make a joke along the lines of “Wait, Bruce Timm produced 50% of the Harley Quinn videos on Clips4Sale?”

Then I realized that there’s a good chance he actually did.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Having seen dakota johnson and now zendaya on the red carpet, perhaps this is shaping up to be the year of going for it

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Having seen dakota johnson and now zendaya on the red carpet, perhaps this is shaping up to be the year of going for it

I just looked up the Zendaya and Kull Wahad!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
x men: the unawaited series

got 'em.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Jesus christ. They had a (found) family

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

i just looked zendaya up and she looks like she killed the robot from metropolis and wore her skin

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

LanceHunter posted:

I liked when she was on Seth Meyers (I think) and said how it sucked being a guest star on the finale of The Office and it took forever and people were kinda lovely. It reinforced my vibe that The Office was a lovely unfun set to be on.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
has anyone seen this movie

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

1glitch0 posted:

The Office was a lovely unfun set to be on.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Sunk Dunk posted:

i would rather shove my balls in the garbage disposal op

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

It’s been canon for me that Sheev Palpatine FUCKS ever since Rise of Skywalker came out, regardless of whatever dumb explanation for his son that Disney has tried to proffer in some poo poo-tier novel.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Sunk Dunk posted:

the director of this also made that incredibly bad twilight parody called breaking wind

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

LanceHunter posted:

finally a win for the double nepo baby

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Sunk Dunk posted:

disgraceful

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sunk Dunk posted:

Beyond cursed

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Sunk Dunk posted:

That reminds me that somehow I stumbled across this in the past week https://www.lacinefest.org/once.html
It's some people still actively making these types of parodies and I can not comprehend why

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

shoeberto posted:

That reminds me that somehow I stumbled across this in the past week https://www.lacinefest.org/once.html
It's some people still actively making these types of parodies and I can not comprehend why

*squints* oh cool it has tim heidecker and andy richter

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Sunk Dunk posted:

I haven't, is it any good?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

finally a win for the double nepo baby

Two-Way Legacy Artist

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

shoeberto posted:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

kalel posted:

I haven't, is it any good?

yea man it looks great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23i3YLBiHJQ

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

colonelwest posted:

It’s been canon for me that Sheev Palpatine FUCKS ever since Rise of Skywalker came out, regardless of whatever dumb explanation for his son that Disney has tried to proffer in some poo poo-tier novel.

they did exactly the same thing in the EU, except at first it was that palpy had hosed to create triclops, then triclops was a clone, then the fake triclops was a clone and the real triclops was conceived normally, then triclops was a clone, maybe

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

how does any of this relate to the time han solo got into a fist fight with a giant otter?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Zokari posted:

how does any of this relate to the time han solo got into a fist fight with a giant otter?

He hosed the otter’s wife not a lot of exposition required there!!

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Keromaru5 posted:

Feels like a missed opportunity to not start that trailer with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV675Uu2mps

Why didnt you pick the good one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-K1D8y_Pxs

billymumphrey
Mar 2, 2022

That trailer has too many liberal uses of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsC4Jf09tws

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Sunk Dunk posted:

Not even the people who made this have seen it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

billymumphrey posted:

That trailer has too many liberal uses of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsC4Jf09tws

I'd hate to see the conservative uses