Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

just like we were talking about being wrong on Hyman in the other thread... I will admit I was wrong on Kreider
I realize he's got a few years left on that deal of his but I honestly thought his body would not hold up even this long, and he only got better after signing it

what a beast

We all were. I hated that extension but it’s a steal now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
What a stupid loving penalty by Smith. Suter didn't do poo poo to him, certainly nothing worthy of throwing a shitfit like that. And naturally the Stars got a goal off the resulting power play

Brunette needs to scratch him for at least a game after this. Hurting your team by pulling some dumb poo poo like that needs to be punished

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

The preds are a super frustrating team to watch this year because their wins are always way closer than they need to be and their losses are always just crushing cause they’re underplaying their talent.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
The Rangers would be extremely stupid to trade Kakko.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Dr. Lunchables posted:

The preds are a super frustrating team to watch this year because their wins are always way closer than they need to be and their losses are always just crushing cause they’re underplaying their talent.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Matt Zerella posted:

The Rangers would be extremely stupid to trade Kakko.

come on, you know you want them to trade him and a 1st for rental Guentzel
this is your year

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

This Avs Lightning game is like watching two old boxers just knock the poo poo out of each other and I love it. All the young talent is getting stymied and it’s just dumb grind line bullshit and it rocks.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Suuuure

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

2 for 2 without Rielly let’s go

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Why haven't they tried Kakko as a center anyhow
big body that's a good skater and good on the forecheck
if they could turn him into a defensively responsible 2/3C that seems like a win instead of waiting for him to develop into a scoring winger

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Ryan Graves loving sucks lol.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

God drat avs, losing two passes in the O zone along the boards with an empty net? Dogshit fundamentals, Colorado.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Matt Zerella posted:

Legit wish Lavy had the balls to bench him for a bit. Shoot the thing and let Kreider clean it up.

Levitate posted:

They need to break up Kreider and Zibanejad I don't get why it hasn't been done at this point. They're too comfortable and always try the same poo poo that no longer works and refuse to do anything different

Zibanejad just looks low energy

Fast forward to the end of the game….
Kreider - 3 goals
Zibanejad - 1 goal, 2 assists

im just loving around, those concerns are valid but lol

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Wait what the gently caress happened to the oilers? Was the coaching change in St Lou that good?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think the Stars don't like the Preds

Jesus fuckin christ what the hell is this

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Sharks are playing hot tonight. Boy do I love to see a dogshit team do well.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

I think the Stars don't like the Preds

Jesus fuckin christ what the hell is this

I don't like them either :mad:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Yay Pens!!! :buddy:

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
quinn hughes is so loving good god drat

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

lol blatant interference on hughes

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
the flames BLOW

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Empty netter w/ griddy celebration in this game please

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Appreciate the Red Wings pulling the goalie and actually trying to win the game, unlike many coward teams.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

lmfao Demko was on target too

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Dang it Ghost :mad:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
An offsides call negating an empty-net goal

Don't see that too often

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

lol canucks have been trying and failing to get an empty net goal for like 2 minutes now.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

ahahaha

By my count Vancouver has had 6 attempts on this empty net, not counting the offside

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Did Lindholm not want the hat trick?

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

beepo posted:

Did Lindholm not want the hat trick?

Eh, they tried to get him the puck once and it was blocked. Probably not too wise to spend 3 minutes trying to obviously get a particular player a goal while the other team is still playing hockey.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Of all the ‘code’ things, I’m surprised that getting a hat trick off a ENG isn’t frowned upon, instead sneaking one seems almost encouraged.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

A goal's a goal. What's the difference between getting your second goal as an ENG or your third one as an ENG? What else would you have him do? Not take the shot? Gamble on a pass?

It's kinda cool when there's an empty net and a guy's teammates try to get the puck to him for a hat trick.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Knowing that this Dave Rittich who is stoning the Bruins PP in OT is the same guy who was letting dump-ins bounce past him in the 4 games he played as a Maple Leaf just further reinforces that goaltending is stupid and nothing matters

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
the Brandt Clarke experience seems fun. made Ullmark look like an rear end in a top hat to win the game after taking a really bad penalty

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Also what a great first NHL goal for that kid

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
apparently McDavid has been deputized with referee powers and can now call his own penalties.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
well apparently even Connor McDavid isn't a sure thing to score on a chance like that.. how the hell did he miss a wide open net from 3 feet away

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Starsfan posted:

well apparently even Connor McDavid isn't a sure thing to score on a chance like that.. how the hell did he miss a wide open net from 3 feet away

I'm glad of it

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Koopa Kid posted:

Knowing that this Dave Rittich who is stoning the Bruins PP in OT is the same guy who was letting dump-ins bounce past him in the 4 games he played as a Maple Leaf just further reinforces that goaltending is stupid and nothing matters

Dave Rittich sucked rear end as the Preds backup goalie so it's kinda weird seeing him have some success now. I'm still glad we ditched him for Kevin Lankinen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Ugh, I hate the Stars but gently caress Corey Perry