Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Bring back Gamebreaker.

I want lightning to strike the stadium when I truck the RB on an option play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Madden has been the same unplayable dogshit that looks like a PS4 game for the last 12 years. It needs to be completely rebuilt from the ground up which they will never do as long as they have the exclusive license.

dog i got news for you with regards to how people talked about Madden even before they had the exclusive license

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

GD_American posted:

Bring back Gamebreaker.

Lightning should strike your character when you truck the RB and imbue you with temporary speed and strength buffs.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

we can only hope that 1. the Mascot mode returns and 2. you can use the Pop Tart

otherwise yeah, the NCAA games always played a little different and always felt much better to me than Madden, I've tried in the past couple years getting Madden cheap on PS4 and Xbox Series and it just isn't quite the same. plus as Fluff said, we're here for 'crootin'.

also I would imagine they don't have microtransactions in single-player or multiplayer dynasties, but keep that to Ultimate Team, which could be Real Good if they do the lifting to get a lot of older players. There are so many guys you could go get even just from P5 teams from the past ~50 years of the sport...that might actually get me to play an Ultimate Team mode. Maybe.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I wonder if they’re gonna go a throwback route with a retired player on the cover, or make a current player supremely NIL wealthy by putting him on the cover.

Also, they’re almost certainly considering some sort of Deluxe Saban Edition that’s 30 dollars more and comes with a boatload of exclusive DLC.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

GD_American posted:

Bring back Gamebreaker.

Man, Gamebreaker ruled. The mechanics were much better, especially in the run game. Late 90s NCAA always just felt like sliding around.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Alaois posted:

dog i got news for you with regards to how people talked about Madden even before they had the exclusive license

In order for there to be a good Madden, losing the license is necessary but obviously not sufficient.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

madden plays fine to me as long as i can throw and run the ball with the right jerseys on. also make a big planning board with 5 stars

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
If the new cfb game just copies madden gameplay but does a good job with team building ya'll will be saying goty. The actual gameplay of madden is really fun.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I wonder if coaching a G5 in dynasty mode will be realistically futile. Essentially impossible to land a top-45 recruiting class and any 2 star you manage to get to an 80 rating or better transfers out at first opportunity.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

General Dog posted:

I wonder if coaching a G5 in dynasty mode will be realistically futile. Essentially impossible to land a top-45 recruiting class and any 2 star you manage to get to an 80 rating or better transfers out at first opportunity.

Probably not. More likely you will be able to turn any school into a powerhouse with just a little bit of effort

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I only played Madden one time and that was at ESPN Zone.

Anyone remember ESPN Zone?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Probably not. More likely you will be able to turn any school into a powerhouse with just a little bit of effort

I love that like North Texas and/or Dallas Baptist would always turn into a loving powerhouse in dynasty mode.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

LeeMajors posted:

I love that like North Texas and/or Dallas Baptist would always turn into a loving powerhouse in dynasty mode.

Colorado State was always making BCS runs in '04.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Air Force, Memphis, UCF, and Ole Miss became juggernauts in my dynasty

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

General Dog posted:

Just pay 5.99 for 50,000 in game NIL dollars.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Metapod posted:

If the new cfb game just copies madden gameplay but does a good job with team building ya'll will be saying goty. The actual gameplay of madden is really fun.

Which one has the best gameplay in your opinion? I think I have 18 and it didn’t at all scratch the itchy phantom NCAA limb. I’m open to trying another because there were good ones in the mid 00s I got a lot of good play out of, including, oddly 07 on PC.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Spacebump posted:

Just pay 5.99 for 50,000 in game NIL dollars.

As much as EA is rightfully demonized, they've still never crossed the Rubicon of adding play-to-win elements to Franchise in Madden have they? My understanding was that that was all quarantined to Ultimate Team

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

Which one has the best gameplay in your opinion? I think I have 18 and it didn’t at all scratch the itchy phantom NCAA limb. I’m open to trying another because there were good ones in the mid 00s I got a lot of good play out of, including, oddly 07 on PC.

I like the state the current game is in a lot. If you just want to buy the game and do a long franchise I don't think you'll have a good time as that mode is hurt a lot by how the salary cap was implemented. If you want to get some good games in we got a goon league going we just started and Sony/Microsoft finally allowed crossplay so whatever you get it on won't matter including PC.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Pac 2 finally fired Kliavkoff

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Last time I touched Madden I happened to have a free Redbox rental when maybe '16 released. When it finally installed I started playing the game it just drops you into, the previous year's Super Bowl or whatever? and I was so baffled by the controls and the pre-snap menus and stuff I ragequit before halftime.

Will still probably not be able to restrain myself from buying the new NCAA I'm sure.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I would hope it sticks to the tradition of being a little more arcade-y than Madden.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Just give me NCAA Blitz

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

well, i can understand why they might feel his job performance has been underwhelming

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

madden is on gamepass right now for PC if you have it

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

come join goonleague m'lords

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Please tell me he at least got a massive golden parachute.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

General Dog posted:

As much as EA is rightfully demonized, they've still never crossed the Rubicon of adding play-to-win elements to Franchise in Madden have they? My understanding was that that was all quarantined to Ultimate Team

No, that’s 2K for the MyPlayer mode. None of the EA Sports games have gotten gross in the single-player modes, just UT like you said.

I’d look into a goon league except time zones.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/status/1758636615478722958

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Man, our slate of QBs since 09 has been *bleak*

I wonder what Skyler Morninwheg is up to. Or Treon Harris, for that matter. Austin Appleby? Tyler Murphy?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Washington just collecting failsons

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
NBA 2K a few years ago literally added a real money (in game currency) slot machine.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

LeeMajors posted:

I wonder what Skyler Morninwheg is up to. Or Treon Harris, for that matter. Austin Appleby? Tyler Murphy?

Have you considered simply bringing in unheralded guys from the transfer portal and making them Heisman winners?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Have you considered simply bringing in unheralded guys from the transfer portal and making them Heisman winners?

Waiting on that Mertz year two bump lol not with our playcaller and no Pearsall

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Washington just collecting failsons

The preffered term is "NFL Bloodlines"

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

LeeMajors posted:

Tyler Murphy made the Steelers practice squad one year.

As a WR.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

They used to make captains go down with the ship.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

i think it's more about the pac 2 having to make decisions about the playoff format and not wanting to have kliavkoff in the driver's seat for those discussions since he's hosed it so badly

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Bah gawd....that...

....THAT'S JOHN ELWAY'S MUSIC! John Elway is the new Pac-2 commish!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Gonz posted:

Bah gawd....that...

....THAT'S JOHN ELWAY'S MUSIC! John Elway is the new Pac-2 commish!

That’s ACC legend John Elway to you.