Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Someone completed the lament configuration and we are now in battlespace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

TrashMammal posted:

modern war sucks the most poo poo of all

Nostalgic for the wars of yore

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Remarkably, it turns out Tucker Carlson is even dumber than I thought.

https://x.com/chrissteinplays/status/1758180518535799296?s=20

wit
Jul 26, 2011

beer_war posted:

I don't think dumb is the word to describe this. He's a preppy rich elite that wouldn't even know the name of the servant who buys the groceries for his house or carries luggage, let alone get them himself.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
I think you assume to much, it's keyfabe and he's playing to an audience that has no idea about such things

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Supermarkets in the US don't have those coin locks on their carts, and I doubt most of his audience has ever been to a supermarket in another country ever.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

geworfenheit posted:

vladimir vladimirovich writes his own historically inspired fan fiction (eastern europe focused, giving exposure to non-western cultures) and uses it to justify the most explosive breakthrough in foreign policy in recent times.

you write fan fiction about how the girl who sells you overpriced coffee actually likes you and wants to date you.

you are not the same and cannot understand the genious.

Putin: "In 1866 Fyodor Dostoevsky writes Crime and Punishment, a novel about a Russian hero who shows gumption in the face of poverty. We need heroes like him on the frontline"

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Yeah the incentive to return a cart and not bring it to your homeless encampment, a whopping 10 cents. Or just like, take a stray cart like all homeless people do.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
They have those at Aldi here in the US. Tucker is just not someone who'd be caught dead at the cheapo supermarket.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Tucker: "how much could a banana cost, $10?"

Russian: "da da well the nicaraguan betrayal has left them very expensive"

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Toxic Mental posted:

Yeah the incentive to return a cart and not bring it to your homeless encampment, a whopping 10 cents. Or just like, take a stray cart like all homeless people do.

It's an incentive for the shoppers to return the cart to the cart parking instead of leaving it rolling around

Well I'll never know that because I'm not listening to the rear end in a top hat
vvv

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Feb 16, 2024

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

mobby_6kl posted:

It's an incentive for the shoppers to return the cart to the cart parking instead of leaving it rolling around the parking lot

yeah but that's not what tucker took away from it

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

beer_war posted:

What we're watching is a desperate man trying to stay alive.

bratwurst massage
Jan 27, 2018
Navalny died in prison

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

bratwurst massage posted:

Navalny died in prison

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-68315943.amp

At least post a link lol

Looks like there isn't much info or confirmation yet but lots of sites are reporting it.

Just in time for the election isn't that convenient.

bratwurst massage
Jan 27, 2018

weg posted:

At least post a link lol

Looks like there isn't much info or confirmation yet but lots of sites are reporting it.

Yeah I was waiting for a reliable source. Not much info yet, if any

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Excited to see all the humanitarians who were outraged by the senseless death of Coach Redpill celebrate the death of Navalny

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011
BBC reporting it here in the UK. I thought windows in Russian prisons had bars

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

bratwurst massage posted:

Navalny died killed in prison
Fixed it for you.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Putin is a real piece of poo poo. Poor Navalny. :(

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Wayfaring Stranger posted:

BBC reporting it here in the UK. I thought windows in Russian prisons had bars

Navalny disbarred by Putin

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009

weg posted:

At least post a link lol

This is the least surprising outcome, he should have never went back to Russia after getting poisoned. I can't imagine how absolutely hellish these last few years must have been for him.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

but how could he free his people from without

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Probably died of natural causes, like falling out of a window.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

3 shots to the back of the head

naturally, he died

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Navalny was one of the other brands of "Russia should be allowed to draw its own borders"-buffoons, so not exactly a huge loss from the viewpoint of countries bordering Russia.

But more interesting questions is 'why now?'; The guy was already a write-off, spending rest of his life in jail unless Putin's regime topples, so why poison the guy now instead of using him as a living reminder for the people with similar ideas. Now there is a chance that he becomes a martyr to factions opposing Putin, and that surely cannot be what the ol' shitpants wants.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Putin is dying tomorrow and perished the thought of dying before him

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Der Kyhe posted:

Navalny was one of the other brands of "Russia should be allowed to draw its own borders"-buffoons, so not exactly a huge loss from the viewpoint of countries bordering Russia.

But more interesting questions is 'why now?'; The guy was already a write-off, spending rest of his life in jail unless Putin's regime topples, so why poison the guy now instead of using him as a living reminder for the people with similar ideas. Now there is a chance that he becomes a martyr to factions opposing Putin, and that surely cannot be what the ol' shitpants wants.

Putin is kinda the mad king now, he doesn’t give a poo poo because he is surrounded by lickspittles and yes men and he probably doesn’t have a real view of a situation. He is dictator Willy Loman making up fantasy about boomer alt history while making his country a pariah state. The funny thing is I think this might free the log jam in Congress.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Dapper_Swindler posted:

The funny thing is I think this might free the log jam in Congress.

How. I thought ol' Trumpy dictated what republican politicians are allowed to vote on.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

do they even know who Navalny is

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Perfidious America, The Democrats, and liberals killed him

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
He was a piece of poo poo, gently caress him

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Der Kyhe posted:

Poots could've stripped naked, hauled Navalny out on a live television broadcast, pulled the trigger himself and proceeded to rub himself in the blood while singing nursery rhymes... and the most you'd got out of the populace would have been a resigned shrug.

It's a blackpilled country after all.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Fumble posted:

He was a piece of poo poo, gently caress him

American posters try not to show their whole rear end challenge (impossible)

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Sadly, the opposition against despots selects for people most resistant to being poisoned, beaten and imprisoned rather than always having the best views and opinions

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Der Kyhe posted:

He thinks he no longer has to keep up appearances. Nadezhdin is a much more pliant "opposition figure" that can be dangled in front of the West. And at the same time, the opposition gets reminded of what happens when they become too oppositional and/or don't keep their mouths shut in prison.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Der Kyhe posted:

But more interesting questions is 'why now?'

To remind Tucker Carlson who he works for now.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Der Kyhe posted:

the conditions might of been so bad he might of just died without them directly poisoning him again. it's still murder but the timing might not have any significance.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Der Kyhe posted:

Have you any idea how hard it is to push someone out of a window to their death when theres like 5ft of snow on the ground most of the year? There's probably 20 snow angels around where he died of marking all the previous attempts.

But seriously, why kill a known anti-corruption and election fraud person ahead of an election?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burns
May 10, 2008

Navalny's health was already in shambles since his poisoning. Having compromised health while in a penal colony would kill just about anyone.