Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

stephenthinkpad posted:

Well, I will be the guy who says that's unfortunate.

Why is it your job to recruit a replacement? Just delegate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://news.sky.com/story/russian-opposition-politician-and-putin-critic-alexei-navalny-has-died-13072837

quote:

The Federal Penitentiary Service for Yamal said in a statement: "On 16 February, 2024, in penal colony No 3, convict AA Navalny felt unwell after a walk, almost immediately losing consciousness.

"The facility's medical workers immediately arrived at the scene and an emergency medical team was called in.

"All necessary resuscitation measures have been carried out, but they did not yield positive results.

"Emergency medics confirmed the death of the convict.

"The causes of death have been established."

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

And what are they?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

the ol polonium shuffle

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

my bony fealty posted:

the ol polonium shuffle

Ahem. Previously undiagnosed hypertension leading to a stroke.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

blyat! she can't keep getting away with it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/MissPavIichenko/status/1758458787151630666

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Just told my 10yo daughter about #Navalny. She had tears in her eyes. And then she did the Wakanda pose and said "#Alexkanda forever" -- which is the sort of pop culture cross-over that I can celebrate

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Why did they use some weird slow acting yet and treatable poison stored in underwear when they could just whack him?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
ah gently caress can someone do the needful and update the "join us" image with Navalny

EDIT:

and so on and so forth

gradenko_2000 has issued a correction as of 13:06 on Feb 16, 2024

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?

Ardennes posted:

Why did they use some weird slow acting yet and treatable poison stored in underwear when they could just whack him?

They had to make it look like it was an accident, now no one will believe they did it and they'll get off scot-free

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

my bony fealty posted:

more like Alexei Nolifeyi

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Ardennes posted:

to gently caress with him and the press

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

tfw when you learn Navalny's dead

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Al-Saqr posted:

putin just whacked Navalny

====

Urgent | Reuters: The Prison Service announces the death of imprisoned Russian opposition politician Alexei Navalny

https://x.com/ajabreaking/status/1758452980565627011?s=46

loving hell going to be so many liberal tears for this nazi.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

tfw when you learn Navalny's dead

lmao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Al-Saqr posted:

putin just whacked Navalny

====

Urgent | Reuters: The Prison Service announces the death of imprisoned Russian opposition politician Alexei Navalny

https://x.com/ajabreaking/status/1758452980565627011?s=46

De-nazification going well

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
URGENT: guy dead

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Bot 02 posted:

They had to make it look like it was an accident, now no one will believe they did it and they'll get off scot-free

Yeah, now no one can complain. A perfect crime.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Putin had a great week, hope he knocks off a bit early today to revel in it

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Genuinely suprised he lasted this long.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

God drat the adviika maps do not look good for anyone stuck in the pockets. Their best bet is to hightail it on foot through a bunch of cold and wet farmlands or trying to surrender

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Confusedslight posted:

Genuinely suprised he lasted this long.

Honestly, I thought he would linger a bit for the sake of negotiations. I guess the Kremlin doesn’t give an f at this point.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

God drat the adviika maps do not look good for anyone stuck in the pockets. Their best bet is to hightail it on foot through a bunch of cold and wet farmlands or trying to surrender

Yeah it looks like they are screwed. They should have withdrawn as soon as the Russians broke through in the north. Otherwise, I guess they are liquidating political types but they are some of the only remaining forces with decent kit and training.

That said, this is just another battle in a long war, and there will be another mini-verdun somewhere else.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 13:41 on Feb 16, 2024

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
Don't have much of an opinion on Nalvany dying tbh.

The AFU claimed they killed 1200 Russian soldiers yesterday while their lines in Avdiivka are coming apart at the seams

Once again another point for the "AFU reports their own losses as Russia's" theory

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Putin is in his “I finally understand that the west is a bad faith actor and I am going to act on that understanding” era

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
This is a fine explain of why prisons need to be abolished.

samogonka
Nov 5, 2016
Wow. I didn't know that...He led an amazing life. What else can you say? He was an amazing man, whether you agree or not. He was an amazing man who led an amazing life. I'm actually sad to hear that

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?
https://www.nrk.no/nyheter/stoltenberg_-_-russland-har-noen-alvorlige-sporsmal-de-ma-svare-pa-1.16766734

quote:

Stoltenberg: "Russia has some serious questions to answer."

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg says in a statement that all the facts must be on the table about Alexei Navalny's death.

Oh no, is this going to damage the relationship between Russia and NATO? :ohdear:

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Egg Moron posted:

Putin is in his “I finally understand that the west is a bad faith actor and I am going to act on that understanding” era

Yeah, between his history lesson and this, he isn’t giving off a lot of vibes that he wants to compromise. His negotiation stance is going to be Moscow dictates the terms.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Xi seems to be ok with it too.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

euphronius posted:

Xi seems to be ok with it too.

Why would Xi care one way or the other?

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
I'm going to watch Navalny (2022)

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/BusinessInsider/status/1758473962596520048?s=20

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

Why did the west suck off Navalny so much anyway? Was he some special boy who was going to let the west destroy Russia or something?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I bet these guys will immediately just shrug at whats been happening in Pakistan and say that they dont interfere with the internal politics of a country

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024

antipattern posted:

Why did the west suck off Navalny so much anyway? Was he some special boy who was going to let the west destroy Russia or something?

it always struck me as kind of goofy putin derangement syndrome stuff rather than anything meaningful

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I had never heard of him but he seems to have been pretty corrupt. Bellingcat says he was poisoned so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a god damn idiot
Sep 7, 2006

antipattern posted:

Juan Guaido in Cyrillic font