Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

I get the hate on Navalny, but how else do you course correct a dictatorship like Putin's without potentially getting someone worse? The anti-incremental attitude must be hell for goons who want to go anywhere. Putting one foot in front of the other is intolerable because it doesn't immediately result in arriving at the destination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Scam Likely posted:

I get the hate on Navalny, but how else do you course correct a dictatorship like Putin's without potentially getting someone worse? The anti-incremental attitude must be hell for goons who want to go anywhere. Putting one foot in front of the other is intolerable because it doesn't immediately result in arriving at the destination.

By cheering for a successor that doesn't think that its OK and perfectly normal to attack and subjugate neighboring sovereign countries for the crime of existing, that would be a start.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Woke up to see that some spicy tea gulag gruel or whatever tf they feed em got served :ohdear:

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Der Kyhe posted:

By cheering for a successor that doesn't think that its OK and perfectly normal to attack and subjugate neighboring sovereign countries for the crime of existing, that would be a start.

lmao what successor

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

There will be no successor, that's the whole point. All that's left is for the court alchemist to finish the immortality elixir, he is working very hard

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Navalnt is dead.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Arzachel posted:

lmao what successor

Medvedev

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

beer_war posted:

Remarkably, it turns out Tucker Carlson is even dumber than I thought.

https://x.com/chrissteinplays/status/1758180518535799296?s=20

What a loving clown.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

DiomedesGodshill posted:

What a loving clown.

Yeah, that's a thing to prod people to be decent and not litter the parking lot with carts, it's funny the first thing he comes up with it's just a miserly oppression tool.
If a homeless man really wants a cart he will loving get it, no matter what.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Navalny supported the seizure and occupation of Crimea and thought it should have been done sooner, and also believed Ukraine was hmm how do you put this, not a real country.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

well he definitely learned about seizures this time

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Navalnt is dead.

Poor old Putin. Thought of Navalnt and genocide

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Tafferling posted:

Yeah, that's a thing to prod people to be decent and not litter the parking lot with carts, it's funny the first thing he comes up with it's just a miserly oppression tool.
If a homeless man really wants a cart he will loving get it, no matter what.

Yeah, he's not actually amazed or mystified by it, he's "amazed" sarcastically so he can make a needless dig at the homeless.

Because he's a piece of poo poo

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

We used to live in a country where people had morals and returned their carts. Not anymore. What happened to our culture? Where did it go? Is there anywhere left in the world that upholds true American values? Yes, yes there is. That place? Putin's Russia.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

weg posted:

We used to live in a country where people had morals and returned their carts. Not anymore. What happened to our culture? Where did it go? Is there anywhere left in the world that upholds true American values? Yes, yes there is. That place? Putin's Russia.

I'm guessing there is a pretty big overlap between cart non-returners and Tucker fans, especially the cart leavers who get bizarrely angry when called out on it.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
They are the people who will not return their own cart and justify it for reasons but get very agitated when they see someone else doing it. Especially if that person is a youth or minority.

They also like to drive 10-15 over through their neighborhood but have been known to yell "slow down" at cars when going to their mailbox.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Arzachel posted:

lmao what successor

There isn't one, thats the point. The only option instead of Putin was different flavor of "leader who might just invade you because why not", and that is why EU countries from eastern side weren't exactly piling behind Navalny to begin with either.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Naming a successor isn't typically a move beloved by dictators because then there's not much to stop people going "oh, cool, we like that guy better than you, we'll hurry on the succession" or the named successor getting that idea themselves.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

:laffo:

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

You know who else is trying to imprison his political opponents? That's right, Joe Biden

https://twitter.com/LeeMZeldin/status/1758476966410289534

zone
Dec 6, 2016

beer_war posted:

You know who else is trying to imprison his political opponents? That's right, Joe Biden

https://twitter.com/LeeMZeldin/status/1758476966410289534

Why would Crooked Joe Biden do this? But her Emails, rigged and stollen

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of Navalny, guess who has some thoughts on that

I wonder how he'll have to pivot now tat Navalny==Trump

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012
Alexei Navalny had information that would lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton

e.

mobby_6kl posted:

Speaking of Navalny, guess who has some thoughts on that

I wonder how he'll have to pivot now tat Navalny==Trump

"-and so is your argument that President Biden's leadership is insufficient because, among other reasons, you and Mr Trump are still alive?"

"Yes, exactl- wait. No, hold on."

Lord Awkward fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Feb 16, 2024

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Disco Pope posted:

Naming a successor isn't typically a move beloved by dictators because then there's not much to stop people going "oh, cool, we like that guy better than you, we'll hurry on the succession" or the named successor getting that idea themselves.

In Franco's case, didn't they space launch his successor rather than him to show he had no future?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Ronwayne posted:

In Franco's case, didn't they space launch his successor rather than him to show he had no future?

Franco was going to name a monarch to succeed him but the Carlists and Alfonsoists couldn't work their poo poo out so Franco just formally nominated Prince Juan and really pissed off the Carlist pretender and from there things got messy. By then Franco had Parkinson's and when he died the prince became King of Spain.

E: spanish banderites!

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 16, 2024

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

They would have ended up there anyway, but it was such good luck that Juan Carlos basically played along with Franco while planning how to immediately reform the country to something more liberal when Franco died. Sure, he is currently hiding out in Saudi Arabia after he abdicated when some very crooked business deals came out - but he's one of the few modern day cases of a monarch actively making positive political change to the country.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1758257217784963445#m

Burns
May 10, 2008

Navalny was a hater and a loser and he died, like a dog.*

I assume Trumpy already commented.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

I like politicians who don't get imprisoned. :smugdon:

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
Hmmm, so Navalny wanted to steal washing machines from Ukraine as well. Coach Redpill just posted about it.

Huh, maybe there is something to this “both sides thing”.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
There's an opsec request from the third assault brigade about things happening in or around Kreminna, Avdiivka, and Kupyansk. Things Are Happening there.

Also, Budanov knows who poisoned his wife and hinted at countermeasures in Russia.

quote:

Kyrylo Budanov, Head of Ukraine’s Defence Intelligence (DIU), has said that he knows who is behind the poisoning of his wife, Marianna, and hints that Ukraine will take countermeasures in Russia.

Source: Budanov in an interview with the French outlet Liberation

Quote: "My wife is feeling better. Since I did not drink poison, it is difficult for me to say whether it was an attempt to murder me. But I have already survived many assassination attempts and will probably survive many more. I think that in the near future you will see retaliatory actions on Russian territory, and everyone will understand this."

Details: When asked if he knew who was responsible for the poisoning, Budanov shortly replied, "Of course I do!"

Background:

On 28 November 2023, Ukrainska Pravda’s sources reported that Budanov’s wife was diagnosed with heavy metal poisoning. It was noted that she was alive and had undergone the first stage of treatment.

Later, Andrii Yusov, a representative of Defence Intelligence of Ukraine, stated that this information was true.

One of Ukrainska Pravda’s sources stated that Marianna Budanova and several DIU employees were poisoned with arsenic and mercury.

DIU said that it was investigating the incident itself.

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 16, 2024

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Arzachel posted:

lmao what successor

Why not GACKT?

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

Computer viking posted:

They would have ended up there anyway, but it was such good luck that Juan Carlos basically played along with Franco while planning how to immediately reform the country to something more liberal when Franco died. Sure, he is currently hiding out in Saudi Arabia after he abdicated when some very crooked business deals came out - but he's one of the few modern day cases of a monarch actively making positive political change to the country.

You do not, in fact, have to hand it to Juan Carlos I. He shot his 14-year-old brother dead in cold blood when he was 18.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Jamsque posted:

You do not, in fact, have to hand it to Juan Carlos I. He shot his 14-year-old brother dead in cold blood when he was 18.

That brother of his was no princess.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
actually-ruling noblemen are just professional killers. i suppose their bling is higher class than that of killers who have to hide from cops, but that's about it

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Zelensky Signs Law on Legalizing Medical Cannabis

President Volodymyr Zelensky signed a draft law on Feb. 13 to legalize the use of medical cannabis in Ukraine, which is set to take effect in six months. The signed document appeared on Verkhowna Rada's official website on Thursday, Feb. 15.

The draft law (No. 7457), which underwent a series of debates in the Verkhovna Rada, was first initiated in June 2022 and regulates the use of cannabis in Ukraine, namely to move the substance from List 1 (drugs not permitted for circulation) to List 2 (permitted under strict control).

Under the draft law, recreational cannabis remains strictly prohibited, and medical cannabis is exclusively available through electronic prescription under the strict control of the National Police.

Politicians from the Batkivshchyna party, including former Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko, attempted to block the draft law but to no avail.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

bob dobbs is dead posted:

actually-ruling noblemen are just professional killers. i suppose their bling is higher class than that of killers who have to hide from cops, but that's about it

Also they more often get to speak at the funerals of their victims.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

EorayMel posted:

Zelensky Signs Law on Legalizing Medical Cannabis

President Volodymyr Zelensky signed a draft law on Feb. 13 to legalize the use of medical cannabis in Ukraine, which is set to take effect in six months. The signed document appeared on Verkhowna Rada's official website on Thursday, Feb. 15.

The draft law (No. 7457), which underwent a series of debates in the Verkhovna Rada, was first initiated in June 2022 and regulates the use of cannabis in Ukraine, namely to move the substance from List 1 (drugs not permitted for circulation) to List 2 (permitted under strict control).

Under the draft law, recreational cannabis remains strictly prohibited, and medical cannabis is exclusively available through electronic prescription under the strict control of the National Police.

Politicians from the Batkivshchyna party, including former Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko, attempted to block the draft law but to no avail.

:nice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:420: