Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Aramis posted:

Apparently, that the special prosecutor's job is a sucker's game that would have been bad for his finances and safety, and no one in their right mind would actually want to do it for personal benefit.
Correct. The State is laying out that no one would take the drat job because the pay sucks and the countless security issues.

Guess Team Trump is going to imply that Willis and Wade declined any "real" offer so they could enrich themselves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Froghammer posted:

Tucker coming in hot with "heads of state assassinating political rivals is totally normal"

4 days before the news of it broke, too.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Randalor posted:

Agent Poso? More like Agent Poso-poo poo!

...I'm sorry for that.

Are you really? I have my doubts.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
:lol: trying to open up the door for qualifications stuff, and this guy talks about how well qualified Wade is for the job.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Nodelphi posted:

I love the fact that Tucker couldn’t even get Putin to tepidly push Trump’s narrative and people were out there hoping he’d take some brave journalistic stand. Lol

why he's not a journalist? literally ever single talkin head at fox says theyre opinion or entertainment people

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Imagine clawing your way up the ladder in the Secret Service for your entire career, and when you finally land your dream job Presidential detail assignment, you are assigned to be the guy in charge of keeping track of the bucket full of Trump’s poop.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

:lol: trying to open up the door for qualifications stuff, and this guy talks about how well qualified Wade is for the job.
Yeah that was a lol

Doesn't seem there's really much else going on today? Maybe another witness will have some kinda bombshell...but uh, this is gonna be it? Really?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Mr. Nice! posted:

He's a state witness isn't he?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

TheAgent posted:

Correct. The State is laying out that no one would take the drat job because the pay sucks and the countless security issues.

Guess Team Trump is going to imply that Willis and Wade declined any "real" offer so they could enrich themselves?
When I hear about Wade making like 9k a month, that's chump change for any experienced attorney. First year associates at Big Law make that, and he'd be slotted in at a partner level in many firms. Everyone in that courtroom knows the compensation score, they're all attorneys so this line of attack is pretty laughable.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Someone repost the Engoron betting pool

Toxic Mental posted:

Here's the final list. Please laugh at the idiots who overlapped and will be getting probation once the final decision is reached. Good luck and please don't do an insurrection in SAD when you lose.

kazil $1Trillion
morningdrew $1.2billion dollareedoos
Stoatbringer $750 million
notwithoutmyanus 666 million
John Wick of Dogs 525 million 600 dollars
Vanadium Dame 523m
StrangersInTheNight $599 Million
Corn Glizzy 445 million
jet sanchEz $425 million
SLICK GOKU BABY $421 million dollars
bad_fmr $420,696,969
Pinche Rudo $420,069,000
Late Fees $420,000,666.69
Grey Cat 420million .69 cents
Random Stranger $420 million
mobby_6kl $420 million - OVERLAP PROBATION
Haruharuharuko $420 million - OVERLAP PROBATION
Asterite34 $400M
HKR $390,575,000
Shithouse Dave $382,500,000
Queen-Of-Hearts 376 million
Failed Imagineer $375,000,001
Pot Smoke Phoenix $375 million
Batterypowered7 $369,420,800.85
greazeball 369 million dollars
Synesthesian Fetish $359 million
Vire $351 million
emSparkly $350,000,001 million
funeral home DJ $350M
Ringo Star Get 329.5 million dollars
The Last Call 328 million
geeko55 $328 million - OVERLAP PROBATION
isaboo $326million
fondue $321 million
Vlaphor $320,000,006
Cat Hassler $320,000,005
Fabulousity $314,159,265.35
trilljester $305 million
PainterofCrap $303 Million
Arivia $301 million
Hollismason $280 Million
loving Moron $280 million - OVERLAP PROBATION
RockWhisperer 279.69 mil
monkeytennis 275 million.
Dr.Smasher $269,420,000
Draven $255 million
MrMojok Two Hundred Twenty-Six Million
Sedgr $242 Million.
Fake James 238 Million
Beefed Owl $222,000,000
Flyinglemur $221 Million
Toxic Mental $220 million
dee eight $215 million
George H.W. oval office $215 Million - OVERLAP PROBATION
PKMN Trainer Red 201,821,131.60
Alan Smithee $201 million
Meatball $200 million dollars
Dementropy $177.6 million
Nelson Mandingo $175,000,000
Viruswithshoes $156 million
Fuller9x $150,000,001
Maximum Sexy Pigeon $148,800,000
Mistle $117, 380, 470.23
FuturePastNow $112 million
Mons Hubris $94 million
The Fuzzy Hulk 88 million.
LaserPrinter69 $80,085,000
theghostpt 77.7M
Armitage 75 million
Taeke 66.6 million
Bottom Liner $60m
South 52 milion
Philthy 20 million.
Shishkahuben $17,372,000
Sydney Bottocks $14.88 million
Aramis $12M
poisonpill Eight million dollars
Outrail $5.7 million
Celexi $4,690, 000.
ProfessorMarvel $2.3 million
BigBallChunkyTime $125,000
Lamech $58008
benitocereno $999
A Terrible Person $69
Yveltal 3 dollars
Silly Burrito $2
PuttyKnife $2 - OVERLAP PROBATION
Powershift $1
Professor Moriarty $1 - OVERLAP PROBATION
MattO 32billion Iraqi dinars
Serious_Cyclone $0
RVWinkle $0 - OVERLAP PROBATION
shazbot $0 - OVERLAP PROBATION

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Toxic Mental posted:

wow okay trump thread come on, be better than cheerleading some fascist dying in prison

Be better? No, Be Best!

Or did Melania do that smiling and waving for nothing?

Sir John Falstaff fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 16, 2024

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

this witness is loving around, he's going to find out

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Hahaha holy moly the witness violated their subpoena with no notice.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

So there are 2 John Floyds. This is Fani Willis's father I think

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

kw0134 posted:

When I hear about Wade making like 9k a month, that's chump change for any experienced attorney. First year associates at Big Law make that, and he'd be slotted in at a partner level in many firms. Everyone in that courtroom knows the compensation score, they're all attorneys so this line of attack is pretty laughable.
Yeah, this whole he was paid $1m!!! in TAXPAYER CASH!!!! is the dumbest loving thing ever

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

BrideOfUglycat posted:

My son and I were just talking about how interesting it is that Navalny was assassinated now. Putin's had Navalny under his thumb for so many years now, a tacit example of crossing him but keeping him alive as a toothless threat. Killing Navalny now may indicate that things are worse due to the Ukraine War, maybe there are cracks in his leadership and he was afraid one of his ministers would start propping up Navalny and his opposition.

He almost died from that poisoning and must have had serious health complications afterwards.

He was living in absolutely horrible conditions.

And even if he was receiving medical attention, you can imagine the quality of care for anyone in a gulag is a sick joke.

He might just have died now from some combination of the above.

You'd be perfectly fair to still call that assassination too, just a slower one, Putin is still responsible. But the timing might be random.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

kw0134 posted:

There was/is a CNN article claiming Wade made $650,000 in 2 years working on this case.

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

Pop in by the Former Governor confirming that the meeting happened October 26th.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

Yeah, this whole he was paid $1m!!! in TAXPAYER CASH!!!! is the dumbest loving thing ever

The right wing really loves to trumpet about taxpayer money, with it getting so bad with the sovcits that they are convinced they can order cops around

And yet when there is an embezzlement controversy that comes to life, 9/10 times it is a Republican lawmaker

🤔

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

wuffles posted:

There was/is a CNN article claiming Wade made $650,000 in 2 years working on this case.
I mean, we should ask how much Trump paid parking lot lawyer, I bet it's pennies compared with the mass riches that Wade received and...oh, her firm billed over 2 million dollars for that work that got sanctioned, tossed, or otherwise went down in flames? Huh. :thunk:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I only pay lawyers who win.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Lol, Tucker the Cringe God

https://twitter.com/OsitaNwanevu/status/1758525499486228859?t=0zvc7Ut0V319cWKUN2TBkg&s=19

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
I don't know if I am reading too much into this but I feel like the judge is kinda over this already and is getting grumpy that he has to sit here.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

wuffles posted:

The person claiming that is the same person that didn't understand how invoices work.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

gently caress yes. The State lawyer is asking Trump's lawyers questions for them because they know it would look super-bad to ask them of an elderly old man.

Trump's lawyer objects.
The State responds that it's the same question they asked Willis yesterday.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

kw0134 posted:

I mean, we should ask how much Trump paid parking lot lawyer, I bet it's pennies compared with the mass riches that Wade received and...oh, her firm billed over 2 million dollars for that work that got sanctioned, tossed, or otherwise went down in flames? Huh. :thunk:

Why is that relevant? If the argument is he only made $9k a month and was paid a pittance—him making $325k a year in GA doesn’t track if that’s the argument.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
I could be wrong but it looked like the judge just shut down the whole "if it was so unsafe to live in your house why did your father and kids stay there, then?" angle

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

defense lawyers not getting anything from this

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

wuffles posted:

Why is that relevant? If the argument is he only made $9k a month and was paid a pittance—him making $325k a year in GA doesn’t track if that’s the argument.
That's for the entire business, which he had a partner. And the partners also did work for the DA. It's very muddied, which I think is intentional (by Team Trump). He also has an entire seperate client list which is still bringing in income. He also lost a ton of money from unbilled hours which Wade had to eat.

TheAgent fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Feb 16, 2024

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Nodelphi posted:

So what was the Russia space secret from a few days ago? Did they ever say?

Grandma is protected from the terrible secret of Russian space

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
didnt Don's prez year 1 burn through the secret service 's yearly budget in a few months? like not even half a year. (lol at the dude that had to collect poop from several different golf courses)

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

bird with big dick posted:

The person claiming that is the same person that didn't understand how invoices work.

I’m genuinely trying to understand where it’s coming from (other than the thumb headed looking guy who wrote the CNN article).

So he billed $650k but was only paid $216k over 2 years?

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

TheAgent posted:

Yeah that was a lol

Doesn't seem there's really much else going on today? Maybe another witness will have some kinda bombshell...but uh, this is gonna be it? Really?

I wouldn't expect anything dramatic from the DA's side right. Just boring stuff to drive home to the judge that the defense is full of poo poo. I imagine stuff like A) Wade is qualified B) People close to Willis who say she never mentioned him romantically beforehand C) Maybe people like the governor saying it's a lovely job

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

John Floyd has had a really impressive life

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
There's a legitimate chance that this is the first time Tucker's done his own grocery shopping

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

so he knew he was dead already? what did putin do kill him in front of tucker before the interview?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

wuffles posted:

I’m genuinely trying to understand where it’s coming from (other than the thumb headed looking guy who wrote the CNN article).

I mean, we know where it's coming from, the guy that doesn't understand how invoices work, right?

Do you think he's maybe wrong about other stuff?

Law firms aren't usually one person and even when they are just one or two people they still frequently sub out work, and they have expenses, so the notion that billed $ = 100% income is not likely to ever be true. What makes you think it's more than that?

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

This is fani's father? He seems cool as heck

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

kazil posted:

John Floyd has had a really impressive life

Yeah my takeaway from this so far is her Dad is insanely impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandExt
Jun 1, 2023

wuffles posted:

Not all of the money that's billed to a law firm goes directly into the lawyer's bank account