Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

harperdc posted:

nah that was Romain Grosjean

or DeCesaris

But Laimbeer actually won multiple championships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
I think the fact that a private company based in The Netherlands is publicly reporting an internal investigation at all is pretty meaningful.

It either means

• The board wants him out badly enough to hurt RBs reputation.
  • Certain forces are tarnishing his image out of spite.
  • A contract/salary negotiation tactic is going on in some way. Maybe Horner decided he is RB and wanted Toto style investment and control. Maybe he threatened to walk with senior staff. Maybe this "complaint" is a little older and the card is being played now.
  • RB actually discovered a serious issue (dick pics to every intern etc) and they're getting ahead of it publicly, while weighing the cost/benefit of denial and negotiating hush money vs keeping him on.
  • All of the above?

The point is they're a private corporation, all corporations are run by jackals and sociopaths, so anything that leaks out probably isn't what it seems, but the fact that it's leaking at all is newsworthy.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

rpop posted:

Ah yes, what could be better than a team changing from the easily/widely recognized orange/yellow of Repsol to Red Bull dark blue. A majestic change, appreciated only by the finest connoisseurs and Verstappen lovers. So beautiful.. and ironically after Red Bell left them as a sponsor lmao

I hope your enthusiasm for ruining team colours extends to the Calgary Flames

I think you should have a discussion with your primary health care provider about adjusting your medication because I literally don't know what the gently caress you're talking about

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah, there's obviously no guarantee anything comes of all this, but the fact that Red Bull corporate has chosen to undertake a lengthy and public investigation of an incredibly successful employee suggests there's a hell of a lot more than nothing going on.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf reporting today they have seen the material, it is sexual harassment, and Horner had offered 650,000 pounds to the woman to withdraw the allegations after reports started becoming public.

quote:

Team boss Christian Horner of Red Bull Racing is accused of sexual misconduct, according to reports and documents.

On February 3, lawyers for Brit (50) offered the reporter to settle for £650,000.

https://telegraaf.nl/sport/709131520/teambaas-christian-horner-van-red-bull-racing-beticht-van-seksueel-grensoverschrijdend-gedrag via
@telegraaf
https://twitter.com/ErikvHaren/status/1758493483168321547

Red Warrior fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Feb 16, 2024

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I knew it was going to be seksueel grensoverschrijdend gedraging

dirty fucker

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
seksueel teambaas

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

as someone from denmark i should keep quiet, but gently caress me is dutch an ugly language...

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

refleks posted:

as someone from denmark i should keep quiet, but gently caress me is dutch an ugly language...

Dutch culture is like the meth head brother of German Kitsch

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Red Warrior posted:

Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf reporting today they have seen the material, it is sexual harassment, and Horner had offered 650,000 pounds to the woman to withdraw the allegations after reports started becoming public.

https://twitter.com/ErikvHaren/status/1758493483168321547

lmao of course the english media act all cagey around reporting yet another sexpest brit hush money case.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

christiaan hoorner

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jon Carbuncle posted:

But Laimbeer actually won multiple championships.

He’s the Checo Perez then

FAUXTON posted:

lmao of course the english media act all cagey around reporting yet another sexpest brit hush money case.

I don’t think it’s “protecting their own” so much as “British libel laws.”

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

harperdc posted:

you say this like it's two things

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

you say this like it's two things

It is

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

refleks posted:

neuken mij is nederlands een lelijke taal

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

harperdc posted:

Something I always find bizarre is that as divided as America is there seems to be this near universal group think that British libel laws are bad and stopping people from just making poo poo up and reporting it as fact is a bad thing. Like 85% of what's hosed up in your country is directly attributable to the fact that those laws don't exist there lmao

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

imo the protections for good people are incidental to the underlying goals of keeping dirty laundry away from sunlight but I'm willing to listen to your explanation

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

GramCracker posted:

neuken mij is nederlands een lelijke taal

i dont know what that means but given its dutch i assume its racist

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

imo the protections for good people are incidental to the underlying goals of keeping dirty laundry away from sunlight but I'm willing to listen to your explanation

The media are not the ones who want to keep dirty laundry away from sunlight

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tony quidprano posted:

Something I always find bizarre is that as divided as America is there seems to be this near universal group think that British libel laws are bad and stopping people from just making poo poo up and reporting it as fact is a bad thing. Like 85% of what's hosed up in your country is directly attributable to the fact that those laws don't exist there lmao

I love you Quid but this is the dumbest post anyone has ever made in any F1 thread

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It's 2024, if you're still under the impression that journalists are some big scary group wielding immense power then idk what to tell you other than you share a lot in common with Gamergaters and that's probably not something you desire

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Or they pretend to give a gently caress.

I would chose this option, ethics is pretty much dead these days.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

wicka posted:

The media are not the ones who want to keep dirty laundry away from sunlight

journalists don't pass laws, I'm aware of this

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

journalists don't pass laws, I'm aware of this

That's why it's two things.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

I love you Quid but this is the dumbest post anyone has ever made in any F1 thread

You live in a country where if a drug doesn't work you can just call it a supplement and say that it does. I stand by what I said.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I mean, you actually can't do that, and that has absolutely nothing to do with the UK's libel laws, which are purely designed to shield those in power from public criticism. But sure bud, go off.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

wicka posted:

That's why it's two things.

horner isn't a journalist either but he is a wealthy sex pest and so are a lot of MPs

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

horner isn't a journalist either but he is a wealthy sex pest and so are a lot of MPs

This is a brand new sentence my man

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Obviously sinking the Netherlands is easy but can we do some engineering project which sinks England too

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

FAUXTON posted:

wealthy sex pest

Hey, Chuck, it's me, your cousin Marvin Berry. Remember that new username you were looking for?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Bip Roberts posted:

Obviously sinking the Netherlands is easy but can we do some engineering project which sinks England too

probably just hook them together with a really big chain, then the netherlands will pull england down with it

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

the milk machine posted:

probably just hook them together with a really big chain, then the netherlands will pull england down with it

tired: brexit
wired: brokullhlaups

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

lol if he offered money to withdraw the accusation then he is gone

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Inshallah

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
my boy was thinhking he was vince mcmhon. there is no way in hell he is at bahrein next week

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Is testing next week?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

getting horner out of the paddock probably makes netflix real sad

E: oh gently caress that just means they'll just change the show format and make him host

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

net work error posted:

Is testing next week?

Next Wednesday

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

net work error posted:

Is testing next week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU