Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I am not gonna throw stones over Russo, if someone hires him in tyool 2024, they get what they deserve

But the sheer unmitigated gall to think JDfromNY would add anything to any company that employs him, that deserves remarking upon IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Two Beans posted:

Bro, they just want the attitude era back, bro. They want a return to Jerry Springer smash TV, bro. They wanna bring back bra & panties matches, bro. They think wrestling's boring, bro.

It's this 99% of the time. Even most of them out themselves as MAGA chuds so it checks out.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

rotinaj posted:

I am not gonna throw stones over Russo, if someone hires him in tyool 2024, they get what they deserve

But the sheer unmitigated gall to think JDfromNY would add anything to any company that employs him, that deserves remarking upon IMO

I saw JDfromNY go on at length about how his AEW criticism is nothing but fair and balanced and somebody called him out on only watching Collision and therefore missing 2/3rds of any story going on in the promotion at any time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/bankonjade/status/1757391425442865524

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I forget whether it was this thread or the GBS thread, but someone posted something Russo said on his podcast about how he would book WM40 and he said something like "Rock can't end Roman's run yet and is too old to be champion so Rock will challenge Roman for the title of 'Head of the Table'"

Because that's what WM main events have always been about. Gimmick nicknames

It shows that he still doesn't understand the value of belts and championships. He still thinks they're worthless props and if AEW hired him he'd have Samoa Joe lose to DarkSydePhil or some other youtuber he thinks would drum up controversy

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

Vandar posted:

ANY DAY NOW

I SWEAR IT'LL BE HERE ANY DAY NOW!!

Spending your one life on making Tony Khan parody songs. Dire

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

A Fancy Hat posted:

Vince Russo convinced a lot of people that he's actually good if he has someone to filter his ideas a little bit. I don't know how exactly that happened, but he's now seen as this creative genius who just needs a good editor.

I thought we viewed him as a deeply disturbed man that lives in his wife's attic?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

coconono posted:

I thought we viewed him as a deeply disturbed man that lives in his wife's attic?

I'm talking about the terminally online weirdos who AREN'T us, the ones who clamor for the return of the Attitude Era.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

UnleashedDad posted:

Spending your one life on making Tony Khan parody songs. Dire

Even more dire:

Spending your life doing movie reviews or something with a puppet (if his username is any indication of what his content used to be), getting no traction doing that. THEN making Tony Khan parody songs with a puppet once you realize there's a grift for it and still getting no traction.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
Even more dire: there is no money to make at all in this

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Elephant Ambush posted:

It shows that he still doesn't understand the value of belts and championships. He still thinks they're worthless props

In that case he should be booking AAA.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Two Beans posted:

Even more dire:

Spending your life doing movie reviews or something with a puppet (if his username is any indication of what his content used to be), getting no traction doing that. THEN making Tony Khan parody songs with a puppet once you realize there's a grift for it and still getting no traction.

Tbf if he did make movie reviews before this, he nuked them

I do not think he made movie reviews for too long because he may have learned skills that would make his music creation, puppeteering, and video production better if he had done that, and he does not have those skills down

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'd make a joke about Russo going back to the time he booked a match over the letter "T", but that match actually took place during the time he was frozen out of the WCW booking committee.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
From today's Cageside Seats Rumor Roundup, always reliable for this kind of thing:

Note: Stephanie McMahon's name was nowhere in the article, nor any mention of news related to her.

(Also note: Stephanie knew.)

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

Two Beans posted:

Even more dire:

Doug Walker, please collect your underling...

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Arlo, please collect your underling...

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

JethroMcB posted:

From today's Cageside Seats Rumor Roundup, always reliable for this kind of thing:

Note: Stephanie McMahon's name was nowhere in the article, nor any mention of news related to her.

(Also note: Stephanie knew.)

Who ever could have possibly known that Vince McMahon was a sex monster

Absolutely not his daughter who he was a sex monster toward for decades

I am sure she just was being a good employee, loved her dad, and paid absolutely no attention to who Vince kept around or what he was doing

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Elephant Ambush posted:

I forget whether it was this thread or the GBS thread, but someone posted something Russo said on his podcast about how he would book WM40 and he said something like "Rock can't end Roman's run yet and is too old to be champion so Rock will challenge Roman for the title of 'Head of the Table'"

It shows that he still doesn't understand the value of belts and championships. He still thinks they're worthless props and if AEW hired him he'd have Samoa Joe lose to DarkSydePhil or some other youtuber he thinks would drum up controversy

Remember when Booker T fought Big T for the letter T?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
aew needs the return of beaver cleavage. its time

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Lamuella posted:

Like I said, I actually don't think Russo is to blame for that; that was during the period Russo had been frozen out of the booking committee because of the mess after Souled Out. So… that would be Kevin Sullivan's fault, I think?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lamuella posted:

That was for the rights to the entire Harlem Heat intellectual property.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

TinTower posted:

Like I said, I actually don't think Russo is to blame for that; that was during the period Russo had been frozen out of the booking committee because of the mess after Souled Out. So… that would be Kevin Sullivan's fault, I think?

So Russo's big idea isn't even him ripping off himself.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

"The letter T can be copyrighted" –WCW's booking committee

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
mr t would have won

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah, Booker T progressively lost more and more of the gimmick to Stevie. Flames on the tights, the 'cold cold cold' theme song, etc.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Doug Walker, please collect your underling...

I like this because "guy with a puppet bitching about wrestling" is exactly the kind of gimmick that would've been on 2010-era Channel Awesome

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
If you ever in your life find yourself writing a post about how any wrestling promotion on any level could be "saved" and one of your suggestions "Hire some Youtuber to book it for you" you should just delete the post and hope nobody ever finds out about it.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Drakkel posted:

If you ever in your life find yourself writing a post about how any wrestling promotion on any level could be "saved" and one of your suggestions "Hire some Youtuber to book it for you" you should just delete the post and hope nobody ever finds out about it.

Do NOT show this post to the Deadlock crew

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

super macho dude posted:

Do NOT show this post to the Deadlock crew

I mean to be fair those guys had the balls to actually make their own promotion and try booking for real unlike about 99.9% of the IWC who claim they could do it better

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Drakkel posted:

I mean to be fair those guys had the balls to actually make their own promotion and try booking for real unlike about 99.9% of the IWC who claim they could do it better

I'll have you know my games of Total Extreme Wrestling 2020 went very long. Very long indeed. :colbert:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

I'll have you know my games of Total Extreme Wrestling 2020 went very long. Very long indeed. :colbert:

I also had a TEW save where I saved AEW by exploiting the fact that making your own streaming service basically guarantees you infinite exponentially multiplying income forever so clearly Tony Khan should just do that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rotinaj posted:

I am sure she just was being a good employee, loved her dad, and paid absolutely no attention to who Vince kept around or what he was doing

Steph's place in this is really weird cause on the one hand, she knew but on the other hand at what point is she also one of Vince's victims.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MJeff posted:

Steph's place in this is really weird cause on the one hand, she knew but on the other hand at what point is she also one of Vince's victims.

The point where she is a corporate officer for the wwe doing an investigation into him, imo, is where that excuse stops cutting the mustard

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

Benne posted:

I like this because "guy with a puppet bitching about wrestling" is exactly the kind of gimmick that would've been on 2010-era Channel Awesome

Brian Zane dodged a bullet!

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Benne posted:

Technically Spoony had a wrestling show where he mostly yelled insanely about TNA but he didn't use his puppet for those videos

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Drakkel posted:

Technically Spoony had a wrestling show where he mostly yelled insanely about TNA but he didn't use his puppet for those videos

Yeah, Spoony didn't use it - I think he called it Burton - very much because he wanted to do a whole MST3K style thing but realized that was very hard for one person to do and unlike most content creators didn't go ahead and do it anyway.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

rotinaj posted:

At least it's only Vince, it's not like she's close to anyone else listed in that lawsuit, can you imagine if she was like, married to Corporate Officer #1 or something?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

It's extremely weird that despite years of every single source imaginable, even WWE itself, slamming Vince Russo, these people have somehow convinced themselves he's worth anything, and yet they'll also believe the High School Gyms And Bingo Halls narrative. It's nuts.

At this point Tony Khan's successes in professional wrestling have far eclipsed Vince Russo's accomplishments.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's like saying tony has been more successful than bruce prichard and michael hayes and kevin sullivan. russo can gently caress off from being a thought in anyone's head

i am wrong. it isn't like those things since those people did credible or near-credible things besides write dumb crap on some level. but russo really is nothing and did not do anything valuable even at his peak except for making sure something else was happening every 2 minutes, and is very weirdly probably the only person who does not like wrestling to become successful in the business without coming in from above a company with a large amount of money. maybe the weirdos who like him and similarly do not actually like in-ring wrestling feel kinship and envy that he was able to do that

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Feb 17, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1758910661160325189?t=45BIwHPZC8evShmX0NwU9Q&s=19