Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the greatest love story in video games?
This poll is closed.
Tidus & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 14 7.37%
Wakka & Lulu (Final Fantasy X) 8 4.21%
Wakka & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 1 0.53%
Lulu & Rikku (Final Fantasy X) 13 6.84%
Rikku & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 3 1.58%
Kimahri & Yuna (Final Fantasy X) 2 1.05%
Tidus & Ifrit (Final Fantasy X) 16 8.42%
Yuna & Rikku (Final Fantasy X) 16 8.42%
Wakka & Wakka (Final Fantasy X) 70 36.84%
Auron & Kimahri (Final Fantasy X) 23 12.11%
Kimahri & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 15 7.89%
Yuna & Tidus (Final Fantasy X) 9 4.74%
Total: 190 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Make a Jade Empire that's actually real time combat and now whatever was going on under the hood there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Larian should make an actual good game

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

Let's just stop making sequels of things

remakes only

The Last of Us forever

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

External Organs posted:

Sell Mass Effect to Larian imo

Been saying this

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Mass Effect: Dragon Commander. Uhh, Thresher Maw Commander? Reaper Commander? Idk, the important part is that you have to chose whether you want to marry the Human Princess, Asari Princess, Krogan Princess, or Geth Princess, obviously. Also there are awkward rts battles.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Feldegast42 posted:

Larian should make an actual good game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s6sYVqIvlE

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Like a Shepherd: Infinite Geth

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Snake Maze posted:

Mass Effect: Dragon Commander. Uhh, Thresher Maw Commander? Reaper Commander? Idk, the important part is that you have to chose whether you want to marry the Human Princess, Asari Princess, Krogan Princess, or Geth Princess, obviously. Also there are awkward rts battles.

Elcor Princess or gtfo

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I've probably played over 1,000 hours of the original Mass Effect trilogy (~500 from the multiplayer) but... Mass Effect should probably just die. It happened, it's over, time to move on.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/1758515456518844478?t=oFnD-1pYvltCeTwglfiPNg&s=19

Listen, I know you lost your job, but line go up

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Someone could push him down a flight of steps and everyone would say he tripped.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I will say this, he has gotten the entire gaming population hype about the hottest new cancellations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

le me, organically growing my company by buying one million studios with the business plan of "MBS will bring the infinite money gameshark code in tomorrow"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Does "waiting for the Saudis to buy us" qualify as "organic growth"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Does "waiting for the Saudis to buy us" qualify as "organic growth"

"Look at all the successful IPs we own!"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Consider this: How many of these scuttled projects would have disappointed you, the tasteful gamer? How many would have had the common stuff you love to complain about like a crafting menu or a purple thing? Now that everything is being cancelled and there will be no video games anymore, you get to enjoy them for the imaginary projects they were, with a fine helping of righteous indignation on the side. It really is the best of both worlds!

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

If he wasn't such a little bitch he could become the real Ted Faro

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

I've probably played over 1,000 hours of the original Mass Effect trilogy (~500 from the multiplayer) but... Mass Effect should probably just die. It happened, it's over, time to move on.

ME2 used to be one of my favorite games ever, replayed it something like 5 times, had a dorky rear end username from the game, etc and I honestly agree. the series has run its course, it will be a miracle if it gets redeemed now considering who owns it, and seeing more failed attempts to revive its corpse would just be sad more than anything else

but if we’re imagining things that will never happen, I do think a larian mass effect would actually be worth something. They could make it a turn based game if they wanted, I don’t care, but seeing BG3’s quality applied to mass effect is a nice thought

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sakurazuka posted:

I would not want Larian to attempt real time combat again

Dragon Knight Saga was fine, I wouldn't mind a proper followup to it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Honestly, I'd just like to see any science fiction RPG on a similar scale again. Doesn't have to be Mass Effect.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Want to support the devs under Embracer, but want Embracer to burn to the ground.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Honestly, I'd just like to see any science fiction RPG on a similar scale again. Doesn't have to be Mass Effect.

Make a RPG set in Mobile Suit Gundam

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How about a new game that's not part of an existing multimillion franchise?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Metroid Prime 4 will be an RPG

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

Can I interest you in Immortals of Aveum

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Lazy devs gotta realize that naming your game Colon: Thing of Place is a pre-invitation to the bargain bin in the ephemeral memory of the Gamer.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Waffleman_ posted:

Starfield, but not awful

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Has embracer been the worst thing to happen to the game industry in the past decade

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Has embracer been the worst thing to happen to the game industry in the past decade

The worst thing to happen to games was the pandemic... The pandemic of laziness and quiet quitting!!!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Golden Origin: The Showers of Kellarium

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The worst thing to happen to games was the pandemic...

Look, I know Full Spectrum Warrior was a weird game, but cut them some slack

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Saboteur wasn't a bad gta clone. Rip.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

Waffleman_ posted:

There's a Dune RPG in the works.
It's an MMO :smith:
Made by Funcom :barf:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The worst thing to happen to games was the pandemic... The pandemic of laziness and quiet quitting!!!

That's right

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Will it be all in the sand or are they going into the wider worlds and leaning into the later novel weirdness?

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
If they stick to the first 2 or 3 books, I can only think of 5 environments: Sandy desert, Rocky desert, Sietches, Cities, and I guess they could do something in the polar sink.

Unless you can travel to other planets, then they can do whatever they want.

If 10,000 year old worm god isn't a starting class, I'll be pissed.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

This and I think it should also be a good one too.

Maybe we move all existing IP into the Disney Vault for 30 years. We'll be in our 60s when they can next churn out a bunch of remakes and new sequels.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

It's a survival game, by Funcom. Think Conan: Exiles. You punch rocks and build shelters.

They've also said it is set in an alternative timeline, meaning they can do whatever they want and keep a bunch of dead characters alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The only interesting game Funcom has done is Anarchy Online, but even that is not fun to play. None of their MMORPGs are good.