Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

SixteenShells posted:

Yeah I can believe that. Some things were consistent across his works, but the sheer variety of things he experimented with in the books makes me thing he wasn't just a fascist or whatever.

His most consistent position seems to have been "incest is fine, actually"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Is anyone else seeing this button to collapse long quotes? Very sad day for these forums. Twenty years of trolling culture, gone in the blink of an eye. We had a thing for that already. It was called scrolling

Remarks by Vice President Harris at the Munich Security Conference | Munich, Germany | The White House

www.whitehouse.gov - Fri, 16 Feb 2024 posted:

Hotel Bayerischer Hof
Munich, Germany

2:38 P.M. CEST

VICE PRESIDENT HARRIS:  Good afternoon.  Good afternoon.  (Applause.)  Thank you, thank you.

Thank you, Christoph.  Thank you.  Thank you for your leadership.

Before I begin today, we’ve all just received reports that Aleksey Navalny has died in Russia.  This is, of course, terrible news, which we are working to confirm. 

My prayers are with his family, including his wife, Yulia, who is with us today. 

And if confirmed, this would be a further sign of Putin’s brutality.  Whatever story they tell, let us be clear: Russia is responsible. 

And we will have more to say on this later.

As Christoph said, this is my third time here, and I’m honored to be with so many friends.

This year, we gather amid an increased instability and conflict in the Middle East.  We gather amid Russia’s ongoing aggression in Ukraine, China’s efforts to reshape the international order, transformative technological change, and, of course, the existential threat of the climate crisis.

In this context, I know that there are questions here in Europe and around the world about the future of America’s role of global leadership. 

These are questions the American people must also ask ourselves: Whether it is in America’s interest to continue to engage with the world or to turn inward.  Whether it is in our interest to defend longstanding rules and norms that have provided for unprecedented peace and prosperity or to allow them to be trampled.  Whether it is in America’s interest to fight for democracy or to accept the rise of dictators.  And whether it is in America’s interest to continue to work in lockstep with our allies and partners or go it alone.

Today, I will explain how President Biden and I answer these questions, with full knowledge that how America responds will affect the American people, the people of Europe, and people around the world.

I believe it is in the fundamental interest of the American people for the United States to fulfill our longstanding role of global leadership.

As President Biden and I have made clear over the past three years, we are committed to pursue global engagement, to uphold international rules and norms, to defend democratic values at home and abroad, and to work with our allies and partners in pursuit of shared goals.

As I travel throughout my country and the world, it is clear to me: This approach makes America strong, and it keeps Americans safe.

However, there are some in the United States who disagree.  They suggest it is in the best interest of the American people to isolate ourselves from the world, to flout common understandings among nations, to embrace dictators and adopt their repressive tactics, and abandon commitments to our allies in favor of unilateral action.

Let me be clear: That worldview is dangerous, destabilizing, and indeed short-sighted.  That view would weaken America and would undermine global stability and undermine global prosperity.

President Biden and I, therefore, reject that view.

And please do understand, our approach is not based on the virtues of charity.  We pursue our approach because it is in our strategic interest. 

I strongly believe America’s role of global leadership is to the direct benefit of the American people.  Our leadership keeps our homeland safe, supports American jobs, secures supply chains, and opens new markets for American goods.

And I firmly believe our commitment to build and sustain alliances has helped America become the most powerful and prosperous country in the world — alliances that have prevented wars, defended freedom, and maintained stability from Europe to the Indo-Pacific.  To put all of that at risk would be foolish.

President Biden and I have demonstrated there is a smarter way. 

When it comes to America’s national security, our approach starts with our historic, direct investment in the working people of America, an investment which has helped build a resilient and innovative economy.

We are clear: We cannot be strong abroad if we are not strong at home.

We have made a once-in-a-generation investment to rebuild our roads and bridges and ports and highways with more than 40,000 infrastructure projects across all of our 50 states.  We’re bringing semiconductor manufacturing back to America, which will secure our supply chains and enable the future of technology.  And we have invested $1 trillion to address the climate crisis and build a new clean energy economy, reduce emissions, and meet our global climate commitments.

Our economic vision has ensured America’s economy remains the strongest in the world, with historic job creation, historic creation of small businesses, and broad-based economic growth. 

And over the past three years, backed by this strong track record at home, we have implemented our National Security Strategy.

In the Indo-Pacific, we have invested heavily in our alliances and partnerships and created new ones to ensure peace and security and, of course, the free flow of commerce.

We have responsibly managed competition with China, standing up to Beijing when necessary and also working together when it serves our interest.

In the Middle East, we are working to end the conflict that Hamas triggered on October 7th as soon as possible and ensure it ends in a way where Israel is secure, hostages are released, the humanitarian crisis is resolved, Hamas does not control Gaza, and Palestinians can enjoy their right to security, dignity, freedom, and self-determination.  (Applause.) 

This work — while we also work to counter aggression from Iran and its proxies, prevent regional escalation, and promote regional integration.

In addition, we have strengthened our partnerships on the continent of Africa, understanding that the innovation happening on the continent will shape the future of our world.  We have also worked with partners in the Caribbean and throughout Latin America to increase private sector investment, address the climate crisis, and address the root causes of migration.

And the Biden-Harris administration has led the world to respond to the climate crisis and ensure AI is developed in service of the public interest. 

We have also worked to advance and uphold rules and norms for outer space and to empower women around the globe.

And here in Europe, we have joined forces with our friends and allies to stand up for freedom and democracy.

Christoph, I reflect on two years ago, when I first stood on this stage on the eve of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.  Many of — of us will recall that time when many thought Kyiv would fall within days. 

Yet, the skill and the bravery of the people of Ukraine, along with the leadership of President Zelenskyy and the 50-nation coalition the United States has led, has allowed Ukraine to achieve what so many thought was impossible.

Today, Kyiv stands free and strong.  (Applause.)

The world has come together, with leadership from the United States, to defend the basic principles of sovereignty and territorial integrity and to stop an imperialist authoritarian from subjugating a free and democratic people.

Make no mistake, Putin’s war has already been an utter failure for Russia.

Ukraine has regained more than half the territory Russia occupied at the start of the conflict thanks, in part, to a massive supply of American and European weapons.

The Russian military has suffered severe setbacks.  It has lost two thirds of its tanks and more than a third of its fleet in the Black Sea.

Because of Putin’s aggression and recklessness, Russia has also suffered over 300,000 casualties.  Remember, that’s more than five times what it lost in 10 years in Afghanistan.  And now it forces conscripts onto the frontlines with as little as two weeks of training.

We have also imposed economic costs on Russia for its aggression.  And together with our G7 partners, we have frozen Russia’s sovereign assets and made clear Russia must pay for the damages it has caused to Ukraine.

I applaud the recent $54 billion commitment the EU made to support Ukraine on top of the more than $100 billion our European allies and partners have already dedicated.

You have made clear that Europe will stand with Ukraine, and I will make clear President Joe Biden and I stand with Ukraine.  (Applause.)

In partnership with supportive, bipartisan majorities in both houses of the United States Congress, we will work to secure critical weapons and resources that Ukraine so badly needs.  And let me be clear: The failure to do so would be a gift to Vladimir Putin.

More broadly, NATO is central to our approach to global security.  For President Biden and me, our sacred commitment to NATO remains ironclad.  And I do believe, as I have said before, NATO is the greatest military alliance the world has ever known.

NATO was founded on a very simple premise: An attack on one is an attack on all.  And when it comes to conflict between nations, NATO has deterred aggression against its members to the benefit of the security of the American people.

For the past 75 years, NATO members have maintained this solemn pact, including on 9/11 when terrorists attacked America and for the first and only time, NATO invoked Article 5, the collective defense clause.  And NATO stood by America’s side.

Nevertheless, recall, before the President and I took office, some questioned the usefulness of NATO, suggested it was, quote, “obsolete.”

Some in my country also questioned the value of our commitment to NATO’s collective defense and called for the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Germany.

Now, thanks to the leadership of the United States, NATO is stronger, larger, more unified, and more effective than ever before.

We have reinforced NATO’s eastern flank with more weapons and forces, including air defense and fighter coverage, a sustained presence of army brigades, and a permanent U.S Army headquarters in Poland.

And, of course, Europeans are also stepping up.  Since President Biden and I took office, the number of NATO members that have met the goal of spending 2 percent of GDP has doubled.  NATO has also added one new member, and we’re on track to add another.  And we look forward to welcoming both Finland and Sweden to Washington for NATO’s 75th anniversary summit this summer.  (Applause.)

Around the world, we have made great progress.  But ultimately, I do believe none of the gains we have made will be permanent unless we are vigilant.  And let us remember, none of these gains were inevitable.

I ask you: Imagine if America turned our back on Ukraine and abandoned our NATO Allies and abandoned our treaty commitments.  Imagine if we went easy on Putin, let alone encouraged him.

History offers a clue.  If we stand by while an aggressor invades its neighbor with impunity, they will keep going.  And in the case of Putin, that means all of Europe would be threatened. 

If we fail to impose severe consequences on Russia, other authoritarians across the globe would be emboldened, because you see, they will be watching — they are watching and drawing lessons.

History has also shown us: If we only look inward, we cannot defeat threats from outside.  Isolation is not insulation.

In fact, when America has isolated herself, threats have only grown.

I need not remind the people of Europe of a dark history when the forces of tyranny and fascism were on the march, and then America joined our allies in defense of freedom and to safeguard our collective security.

So, I’ll close with this.  In these unsettled times, it is clear: America cannot retreat.  America must stand strong for democracy.  We must stand in defense of international rules and norms, and we must stand with our allies.

That is what represents the ideals of America, and the American people know that is what make us strong.

And make no mistake, the American people will meet this moment, and America will continue to lead.

I thank you very much.  (Applause.)

AMBASSADOR HEUSGEN:  Th- — thank you.  Thank you very much, Madam Vice President, for these strong words, for this strong commitment to NATO. 

And tonight, we will honor, again, one of the strongest Republicans who has been here with the Munich Security Conference for many, many years, John McCain.  I think, if he were to listen — his wife is here — would be very grateful for your bipartisan words. 

We are running late.  So, I have to — afraid I cannot go into a long discussion.  But I want to pick up on the one issue, besides Ukraine, which you have covered very long — on the Israel-Palestine issue. 

From your perspective — you touched briefly on that — what is the long-term vision for the Israelis and Palestine — Palestinians?  And how will they live with each other?  Will it be possible, what we mentioned earlier — also with respect to Rwanda, where there was a genocide — is this possible to come instead of revenge to reconciliation?  How do we get from here to there?  How do we get to where — what you said about two-state solution, living by — side by side?  Is it actually achievable?

VICE PRESIDENT HARRIS:  The short answer is yes, I do believe it is.  But we must then put the discussion in context, starting with October 7. 

On October 7th, Hamas committed a terrorist act that was about slaughtering over 1,200 Israelis, innocent people, many of them young people who were attending a concert.  Women were horribly tortured and raped — rape being used as a tool of war. 

And it is important that we remember what that was and, I will say, understand that Israel then had a right to defend itself.  We would.  We would.  And — (applause) — and how it does so matters. 

We have also been clear that far too many innocent Palestinians have been killed, that Israel must do better to protect innocent civilians. 

We have seen what has been happening in terms of the images that we see on a daily basis of the human suffering and the need for humanitarian aid.  And the President and our administration and I have been very adamant about getting that humanitarian aid in. 

We look at the circumstances of what’s happening: There are tunnels under hospitals and — and what that means in terms of this conflict and — and how it is implemented. 

But ultimately, Christoph, to your point, to get to the day after, hostages need to be released.  We must understand the importance of the principles that should be applied to the day after, including no reoccupation of Gaza, no change of its geographic territory, no return of — of terrorism by Hamas. 

And ultimately, apply certain principles to how the day after will look, including the importance of security for Gaza and the region, both interim and permanent; what must be done in terms of governance for Gaza; and then rebuilding Gaza.

We’ve been very clear that we believe that the PA should be the authority on that, with so- — reform — but that that should take place.  There cannot be, in my opinion, peace and security for that region — for the people of Israel or the Palestinians and the people of Gaza — without a two-state solution.  And we cannot give up on that.  (Applause.)  

But how we get there is going to matter.  And most recently, just this week, actually, I was with the King of Jordan in — in my West Wing office in Washington.  Previously, at the end of last year, I was with a number of Arab leaders in Dubai.  And the work that will happen among nations to help with these ultimate goals will be critically important — critically important. 

AMBASSADOR HEUSGEN:  Thank you.  Thank you very much.  Last question. 

After Munich last year, you remember, we discussed about the Global South and how important it is.  You actually traveled to Ghana, to — and we just had the president here, too — Tanzania and Zambia.  What was your impression?  There seems to be a growing transactional mindset.  How do we react to this?  How can we — the U.S. and Europe — win them over?

VICE PRESIDENT HARRIS:  Well, I’m going to challenge the premise of your question.  That for — on behalf of the United States, I will tell you that I believe that we must think differently about the relationship between the United States and the continent of Africa.  And I’m frankly very excited about what is happening on the continent and my trip being further reinforcement of that point.

We look at the — the future of the continent and how it will affect the future of the world: It is indisputable, there will be a direct impact. 

The median age on the continent of Africa is 19.  By 2050, it is estimated that one in four people occupying place on Mother Earth will be on the continent of Africa. 

So, when we think of it in terms of the future, we must see the innovation that is currently happening there and partner with African leaders and nations and change the way we are thinking in a way that it is not about aid, but about partnership; not what we do for the continent, but what we do with the continent and its leaders. 

When I was there, I was in — at Ghana, for example, meeting with a number of business leaders — leaders in the clean energy economy.  Afrobeats and what culture of Africa is doing to impact the world in terms of how it thinks about the arts is profound.  So, the future has to be about partnership and investment. 

To your point about tran- — the transactional issue, certainly, when I was there, the press asked me almost every day: Are you here because of China?  And my answer was, “No, we are here because of the Afri- — the people on the Af- — continent of Africa and what the partnership will mean.” 

And let’s not forget ever the interconnected history between the United States and Africa and what that means in terms of how we should think about the relationship and how we should think about our commitment to the African nations. 

AMBASSADOR HEUSGEN:  Thank you.  Thank you very much for this. 

We have to move on to our next session.  But we have a change in program, and I would like you to stay seated for our next speaker, who will be a bit of a surprise. 

So, thank you very much, Vice President.  (Applause.)

END                 3:06 P.M. CEST

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Javid posted:

but only if it's your own clone. or... maybe not even then, if there's already a pregnancy.

like i'm not wrong, right? Lazarus was definitely loving those twins?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

too long, collapsed

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Excelzior posted:

too long, collapsed

This is HORRIBLE!

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

lol at kamala at some security conference

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Afrobeats and what culture of Africa is doing to impact the world in terms of how it thinks about the arts is profound. So, the future has to be about partnership and investment.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Excelzior posted:

too long, collapsed

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

my brain is refusing to parse this as anything but an onion headline and is getting angry at my eyes for obviously being broken

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

SixteenShells posted:

but only if it's your own clone. or... maybe not even then, if there's already a pregnancy.

like i'm not wrong, right? Lazarus was definitely loving those twins?

He hosed them once, right before he left on the mission to go back to the 1920s and gently caress his mom

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Javid posted:

He hosed them once, right before he left on the mission to go back to the 1920s and gently caress his mom

:vince: lmfao i forgot about that part

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/16/opinion/ezra-klein-biden-audio-essay.html
https://archive.is/fZd6U
At least one person in the Dem ecosystem is now saying Biden's cooked and there needs to be a contested convention:

quote:

We had to wait till this year — till now, really — to see Biden even begin to show what he’d be like on the campaign trail. And what I think we’re seeing is that he is not up for this. He is not the campaigner he was, even five years ago. That’s not insider reporting on my part. Go watch a speech he gave in Pennsylvania, kicking off his campaign in 2019. And then go watch the speech he gave last month, in Valley Forge, kicking off his election campaign. No comparison here. Both speeches are on YouTube, and you can see it. The way he moves, the energy in his voice. The Democrats denying decline are only fooling themselves.

But even given that, I was stunned when his team declined a Super Bowl interview. Biden is not up by 12 points. He can’t coast to victory here. He is losing. He is behind in most polls. He is behind, despite everything people already know about Donald Trump. He needs to make up ground. If he does not make up ground, Trump wins.

The Super Bowl is one of the biggest audiences you will ever have. And you just skip it? You just say no?

The Biden team’s argument, to be fair, is this: Who wants to see the president during the Super Bowl, anyway? And even if they did the interview, CBS would just choose three or four minutes of a 15-minute interview to air. What if CBS chooses a clip that makes Biden look bad?

That’s all true. But that’s all true in the context of a team that does not believe that the more people see Biden, the more they will like him. There’s a reason other presidents do the Super Bowl interview. There’s a reason Biden himself did it in 2021 and 2022, that Trump said he’d gladly take Biden’s place this year.

I was talking to James Carville, who’s one of the chief strategists behind Bill Clinton’s 1992 campaign, and he put this really well to me. He said to me that a campaign has certain assets, but the most desirable asset is the candidate. And the Biden campaign does not deploy Biden like he is a desirable asset.

Biden has done fewer interviews than any recent president, and it’s not close. By this point in their presidencies, Barack Obama had given more than 400 interviews and Trump had given more than 300. Biden has given fewer than 100. And a bunch of them are softball interviews — he’ll go on Conan O’Brien’s podcast, or Jay Shetty’s mindfulness podcast. The Biden team says this is a strategy, that they need apolitical voters, the ones who are not listening to political media. But one, this strategy isn’t working — Biden is down, not up. And two, no one really buys this argument. I don’t buy this argument. This isn’t a strategy chosen from a full universe of options. This is a strategic adaptation to Biden’s perceived limits as a candidate. And what’s worse, it may be a wise one.

But that is going to go both ways. When the campaign begins in earnest, they will also see much more of Joe Biden. People who barely pay attention to him now, they will be watching his speeches. They will see him on the news constantly. Will they actually like what they see? Will it comfort them?

That was why that news conference mattered. That news conference had a point. It had a purpose. The purpose was to reassure voters of Biden’s cognitive fitness, particularly his memory. And Biden couldn’t do that, not for one night, not for fewer than 15 minutes. And these kinds of gaffes have become commonplace for him. He recently said he’d been speaking to the former French president Francois Mitterrand when he meant Emmanuel Macron. He said he’d been talking to the former German chancellor Helmut Kohl when he meant Angela Merkel.

None of these matter much on their own. The human mind just does this. But it does it more as you get older. And they do matter collectively. Voters believe Biden is too old for the job he seeks. He needs to persuade them otherwise, and he is failing at that task — arguably the central task of his re-election campaign.

I think one reason Democrats react so defensively to critiques of Biden is they’ve come to a kind of fatalism. They believe it is too late to do anything else. And if it is too late to do anything else, then to talk about Biden’s age is to contribute to Donald Trump’s victory.

But that’s absurd.

It is February. Fatalism this far before the election is ridiculous. Yeah, it’s too late to throw this to primaries. But it’s not too late to do something.

So then what? Step one, unfortunately, is convincing Biden that he should not run again. That he does not want to risk being Ruth Bader Ginsburg — a heroic, brilliant public servant who caused the outcome she feared most because she didn’t retire early enough. That in stepping aside he would be able to finish out his term as a strong and focused president, and people would see the honor in what he did, in putting his country over his ambitions.

The people whom Biden listens to — Barack Obama, Chuck Schumer, Mike Donilon, Ron Klain, Nancy Pelosi, Anita Dunn — they need to get him to see this. Biden may come to see it himself.

Let’s say that happens: Biden steps aside. Then what? Well, then Democrats do something that used to be common in politics but hasn’t been in decades. They pick their nominee at the convention. This is how parties chose their nominees for most of American history. From roughly 1831 to 1968, this is how it worked. In a way, this is still how it works.

The whole convention structure is still there. We still use it. It is still the delegates voting at the convention. What’s different now than in the past is that most delegates arrive at the convention committed to a candidate. But without getting too into the weeds of state delegate rules here, if their candidate drops out, if Biden drops out, they can be released to vote for who they want.

So yes, I think Biden, as painful as this is, should find his way to stepping down as a hero. That the party should help him find his way to that, to being the thing he said he would be in 2020, the bridge to the next generation of Democrats. And then I think Democrats should meet in August at the convention to do what political parties have done there before: organize victory.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

SixteenShells posted:

At least one person in the Dem ecosystem is now saying Biden's cooked and there needs to be a contested convention:

wtf is an "audio essay"

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

quote:

That he does not want to risk being Ruth Bader Ginsburg — a heroic, brilliant public servant who caused the outcome she feared most because she didn’t retire early enough.

that's one way the describe a selfish workaholic narcissist who singlehandedly made life worse for tens of millions of people

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

mawarannahr posted:

wtf is an "audio essay"

i think it's what you call a podcast when you're in denial that you run a podcast

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

that's one way the describe a selfish workaholic narcissist who singlehandedly made life worse for tens of millions of people

there was a PR article for her that was like "RBG is serious about surviving until the next Dem administration" and described her workouts etc and she died like three months later

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
So serious about it she did someone's plague wedding maskless

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Excelzior posted:

too long, collapsed

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
this post needs a little TLC (too long; collapsed)

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Javid posted:

Pretty much.

Wild that they recommended I read this stuff when I was twelve

Stranger in a Strange Land, 1961 posted:

WHILE MRS. DOUGLAS WAS SPEAKING too freely on a subject she knew too little about, Jubal E. Harshaw, LL.B., M.D., Sc.D., bon vivant, gourmet, sybarite, popular author extraordinary, and neopessimist philosopher, was sitting by his swimming pool at his home in the Poconos, scratching the thick grey thatch on his chest, and watching his three secretaries splash in the pool. They were all three amazingly beautiful; they were also amazingly good secretaries. In Harshaw’s opinion the principle of least action required that utility and beauty be combined.

Anne was blonde, Miriam was red-headed, and Dorcas was dark; in each case the coloration was authentic. They ranged, respectively, from pleasantly plump to deliciously slender. Their ages spread over fifteen years but it was hard to tell off hand which was the eldest. They undoubtedly had last names but Harshaw’s household did not bother much with last names, One of them was rumored to be Harshaw’s own granddaughter but opinions varied as to which one it was.

Job: A Comedy of Justice, 1984 posted:

He sighed. 'I suppose that I should thank the Three Crones that you are on the pill.'

'Pill shmill. Don't be a cube, Daddy; nobody ever gets pregnant at a Sabbat; everybody knows that.'

'Everybody but me. Well, let us offer thanks that you are willing to have dinner with us.' Suddenly she shrieked as she fell forward off the
board. The picture followed her down.

She splashed, then came up spouting water. 'Daddy! You pushed me!'

'How could you say such a thing?' he answered in self-righteous tones. The living picture suddenly vanished.

Katie Farnsworth said conversationally, 'Gerald keeps trying to dominate his daughter. Hopelessly, of course. He should take her to bed
and discharge his incestuous yearnings. But they are both too prissy for that.'

'Woman, remind me to beat you.'

'Yes, dearest. You wouldn't have to force her. Make your intentions plain and she will burst into tears and surrender. Then both of you will have the best time of your lives. Wouldn't you say so, Margrethe?'

'I would say so. '

By then I was too numb to be shocked by Margrethe's words.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://x.com/HuffPostPol/status/1758561989863907768?s=20
https://x.com/HuffPostPol/status/1758536502848459113?s=20

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://x.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1758125652543238169?s=20
https://x.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1758507348576894981?s=20
https://x.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1758126785517007067?s=20
https://x.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1758506545032167841?s=20

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

it's pretty clear that biden's strategy is "hope trump gets convicted of something and that this actually affects his polling"

guess we'll see

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

it will def affect his polling by making him more popular

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

that means she's running for senate in a few years

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Zokari posted:

it's pretty clear that biden's strategy is "hope trump gets convicted of something and that this actually affects his polling"

guess we'll see

surely people who an afford the premium tier of the justice system are aware that it exists, like how dumb would you have to be to think that trump would get convicted and that the convictions would matter when your own family fortune is based on brazen, open corruption like biden’s

the only people outside the first class of the legal system who respect it are the outmoded, shrinking pmc whose functions can easily be performed by computers now

Tungsten has issued a correction as of 19:59 on Feb 16, 2024

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Abifail Spamburger

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Is anyone else seeing this button to collapse long quotes? Very sad day for these forums. Twenty years of trolling culture, gone in the blink of an eye. We had a thing for that already. It was called scrolling

i'm calling my representative right now about this

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Javid posted:

his most consistent position is that he was super horny for his wife

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

HashtagGirlboss posted:

no, because i use the app like all smart and handsome people

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

It's like someone flipped a switch when the teleprompter part ended Jesus Christ.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I found the most ironic post:

quote:

If people will vote for Trump regardless of what's going on, it just seems like a big fraction of the country is beyond convincing on anything.

It's amazing to me how people can say stuff like this while also openly acknowledging that there's literally nothing Biden could do to dissuade them from voting for him! You yourself are - literally - "beyond convincing" by your own admission! Both you and Trump supporters view your candidate as inherently more virtuous in a way that transcends actions/issues!

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

SixteenShells posted:

They're setting the table to swap out Biden at the convention.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Clip-On Fedora posted:

THEY ARE BOTH IMMORTAL ANGELS AND THE GOOD ONE hosed OFF TO THE UNDYING LANDS IN THE WEST BECAUSE HIS TIME WAS OVER NOW IS THE AGE IF MAN AAAAAAARGH

EDIT: Gandalf want even the leader Aragon was the loving leader that’s why it was called return of the king ARAGORN WAS THE KING THAT RETURNED NOT loving GANDALF gently caress

Yeah it'd be more if Gandalf came back saying he was a bridge for Aragon and then got in the big throne chair and refused to leave.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nothus posted:

They're setting the table to swap out Biden at the convention.

Let's see, they're gonna wait till after the primaries so all the delegates are all party flaks and then admit Biden's brain oozed out his ear and he needs to be in a nursing home or something.

Who do these dipshits pick as a replacement?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Clip-On Fedora posted:

THEY ARE BOTH IMMORTAL ANGELS AND THE GOOD ONE hosed OFF TO THE UNDYING LANDS IN THE WEST BECAUSE HIS TIME WAS OVER NOW IS THE AGE IF MAN AAAAAAARGH

EDIT: Gandalf want even the leader Aragon was the loving leader that’s why it was called return of the king ARAGORN WAS THE KING THAT RETURNED NOT loving GANDALF gently caress

The fact that they gently caress up their own dumb metaphor is :discourse:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i hope its kamala

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

HallelujahLee posted:

i hope its kamala

I think even the hacks that will make the call know better than that.

I don't think they know better than to pick Hillary though.

Maybe Ratboy? Ratboy could probably win, even with the anchor of being the only Transportation Secretary anyone can name because of all the transportation fuckups lately.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://x.com/thehill/status/1758563418259259666?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

I think even the hacks that will make the call know better than that.

I don't think they know better than to pick Hillary though.

Maybe Ratboy? Ratboy could probably win, even with the anchor of being the only Transportation Secretary anyone can name because of all the transportation fuckups lately.

they're going to pick someone with even worse chances than genocide joe