Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Hazo posted:

Read the thread to see this loving idiot fail to understand the movie explicitly described by the director as being about fascism. It’s worth it.

I don't think Starship Troopers is a good parody myself. But that's because I think it's lazy, sloppy, undercuts its own themes regularly, and is just a bad movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

Vire posted:

That guy just doxed himself on the stand. I am glad the judge cut him off but yeah probably shouldn't be giving your phone number in a publicly broadcast hearing lol.

Yeah. That was nearly pretty wild. All I can guess is that everyone is just in the habit of asking/answering these types of questions, not thinking how many eyes are on this.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Random Stranger posted:

I don't think Starship Troopers is a good parody myself. But that's because I think it's lazy, sloppy, undercuts its own themes regularly, and is just a bad movie.

MODS!?

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

Sure, but at least you know better than to base that on "These characters look so good in Hugo Boss uniforms that it's hard to see them in a negative light".

Aramis fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Feb 16, 2024

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Hmm, can a lawyer get a witness to state their credit card number and social security number, for the record? I need an answer soon, I got a scam to run

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

:lol:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Random Stranger posted:

The (third?) Starship Troopers move rocks, since the Bugs take over the Terran Fed with Religion.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
Merchant is all over the place. Submitted incomplete texts. Is shuffling through pages.

"Uh, I submitted screenshots."

Judge is like...what is this all about?

What is Merchant even arguing here? Sadow: "Why aren't we allowed to ask questions?"

They are trying to go around priveledge...again. loving again.

TheAgent fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 16, 2024

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

SERIOUSLY WHAT THE gently caress IS IT WITH TRUMP AND GUYS NAMED AFTER FOOD AND DRINKS :byodood:

Actually, they are all descendants of the guys that those food and drinks are named after.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer
BRB mistaking GERTZ for GAETZ and being mad online about it :lmao:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol arguing with the judge is always a good idea, right?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No one has ever said engoron was going to rule today and I don't think he will. People are acting like a Nintendo direct that hasn't been announced must be happening

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

PHOTOSHOPPED
I SEE PIXELS
FAKE NEWS

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

John Wick of Dogs posted:

No one has ever said engoron was going to rule today and I don't think he will. People are acting like a Nintendo direct that hasn't been announced must be happening

I'm pretty sure the courts said he's planning to rule today and we didn't just pull this out of our rear end

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

SERIOUSLY WHAT THE gently caress IS IT WITH TRUMP AND GUYS NAMED AFTER FOOD AND DRINKS :byodood:

I've always considered a Cheese Bro to be more of a concept than a food.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Why does he look like he's 14

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Literally the one and only tiny bit of respect I have for Don Jr is that he hooked up with a woman 8 years his senior. They're both absolute garbage monsters, but a Trump man not going for a much younger trophy wife? Borderline subversive in the Trump chudomatic universe.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

TheAgent posted:

Merchant is all over the place. Submitted incomplete texts. Is shuffling through pages.

"Uh, I submitted screenshots."

Judge is like...what is this all about?

What is Merchant even arguing here? Sadow: "Why aren't we allowed to ask questions?"

This comes across so pathetic. Why cant we go on a wild goose chase and fish for a witness to trip up we are just asking questions lol.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Am I hearing this wrong, or is Merchant's only point today to not look like the liar Fani Willis said she was yesterday?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Vire posted:

This comes across so pathetic. Why cant we go on a wild goose chase and fish for a witness to trip up we are just asking questions lol.
Merchant is basically arguing that they should be allowed extremely broad questions related to anything, including priveledged information. Same as Sadow. Judge isn't biting it seems like.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

we must close the shopping cart gap

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

TheAgent posted:

Merchant is basically arguing that they should be allowed extremely broad questions related to anything, including priveledged information. Same as Sadow. Judge isn't biting it seems like.

Yeah it's like why can't I just violate attorney-client privilege your not letting me lol

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

Parkingtigers posted:

Literally the one and only tiny bit of respect I have for Don Jr is that he hooked up with a woman 8 years his senior. They're both absolute garbage monsters, but a Trump man not going for a much younger trophy wife? Borderline subversive in the Trump chudomatic universe.

To be fair, most of Kim's face is only 4 years old

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Civil posted:

To be fair, most of Kim's face is only 4 years old

no that's the makeup

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Parkingtigers posted:

she is a weird sex predator who is taking advantage of his drug addiction to leverage political influence against her ex-husband

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

cr0y posted:

Why does he look like he's 14

Trying to relate to his victim

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
The lawyer in this hearing trying to introduce her own text message string with a witness. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

BigHead posted:

The lawyer in this hearing trying to introduce her own text message string with a witness. I don't think I've ever seen that before.
Yeah I'm...like what?

Merchant is now bringing up stuff that the witness denies. Merchant says she has texts? Witness says he does not have those texts.

Merchant is digging through her phone. The court audibly groans at her poo poo.

Oh my god. Minutes and minutes are going by. Judge is telling her to get on with it.

TheAgent fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Feb 16, 2024

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

BigHead posted:

She said a couple of times that she was called a liar, and I really do think she's intent on changing that :lol:

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

"Do you remember that?"

*Proceeds to riffle through his personal phone history for a minute*.

JFC. The dude has 0 recollection of any of that.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

that doesnt shock me at all. he is a gen x dickhead reacting hard to his hosed up hippie mom didnt give a gently caress about him. its a weird control thing for him and he is also a bit of sociopath or something too.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Do you recall ghosting me? I need you in a court of law to say that you ghosted me how dare you.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

that doesnt shock me at all. he is a gen x dickhead reacting hard to his hosed up hippie mom didnt give a gently caress about him. its a weird control thing.

his mom must've loving LOVED shopping carts.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

I guess I have no idea where they are going with this

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I think the judge was sleeping.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

This attorney looks like she's about to demand the judges manager

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

BigHead posted:

Lol it’s such a trash fire