Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

TheMightyBoops posted:

If you pay Atlus some scratch they let you get stabbed by Dante.

It was originally Dante in the western release. Raidou was only in the Japanese version, which made it extremely pricey if you wanted to see him. So when the remake came out and some people were mad about that I was like :dafuq: Raidou as the default is awesome actually???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
raidous moveset is the coolest poo poo ever lol i want him on my team

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It was originally Dante in the western release. Raidou was only in the Japanese version, which made it extremely pricey if you wanted to see him. So when the remake came out and some people were mad about that I was like :dafuq: Raidou as the default is awesome actually???

Yeah. I was so sad when the game got a third re-release bundled in with Raidou 2 with him in it but it was Japan only. Glad we got the choice in the remaster.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

He was also better than Dante objectively since he had Pierce lol. Although I think Dante in the remaster has it now too.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

People always get mad about Atlus having DLC in general and it’s always like: a place you can farm experience or something boring.

The dlc to swap between all mainline SMT battle music in SMT 3 HD is cool.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Leraika posted:

what's with the awful pug avatars

:gb2gbs:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Leraika posted:

gently caress around and find out

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Leraika posted:

smugworth, whose av is usually party haircut guy:

was posting the soyface guy pic in some podvcast thread at some point, and got this av:

shortly after someone made him this one:

then, TrashMammal synthesized them into this:

TrashMammal posted:

‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‎ ‏‏‎ ‎/ ‏‏

its an insanely fail avatar so ofc its very lulzy to give it out to many people. i dont know who the wealthy benefactor is

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The narrative for both of them doesn't really make sense either way, since they're all like "yeah let's go beat up the big boss of this place" and then you can't do that. Well you can but like not in the way they want to.

I always get to the final elevator then leave which must be extremely confusing for Metatron

but yeah I'd rather have Raidou too. DMC2's outfit does fit SMT3's whole aesthetic despite how cursed that game is though.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Party Haircut Guy

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

American McGay posted:

Party Haircut Guy

nice reading

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

lol I need to go fuse or summon a couple of magic-focused demons because Mother Harlot is healing for 500 or 1000 every other turn

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

American McGay posted:

Party Haircut Guy

ain't no party like a gbs party cuz a gbs party is horribly depressing

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

symbolic posted:

ain't no party like a gbs party cuz a gbs party is horribly depressing

tear the av off the motherfucker tear the av off the motherfucker, tear the av off the sucker

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

choose your fighter:

v.s.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

was posting the soyface guy pic in some podvcast thread at some point, and got this av:

its an insanely fail avatar so ofc its very lulzy to give it out to many people. i dont know who the wealthy benefactor is

got dibs on ih, scrubs.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

what

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i have no further information i can provide at this time

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
We could use a few more anthromorphized avatars

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
ive told you freaks a 1000 times already but the 100 super jumps will come out when its done

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the thread that av came from is really bad

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

ive told you freaks a 1000 times already but the 100 super jumps will come out when its done

*strikes another tally mark on a chalkboard labeled "days since the 100 Super Jump Promise*

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the thread that av came from is really bad

A gbs podcast thread is bad.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Sometimes people would like unprompted bring up drama from the GBS RLM thread and my impression was that thread was the worst thread on the planet

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

If u get the 100 jumps, you'll get a $50 Marshall's gift card OR the legal immunity to murder one person w/o recourse

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
RLM is good. GBS, less so.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Feels Villeneuve posted:

A gbs thread is bad.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Plant MONSTER. posted:

If u get the 100 jumps, you'll get a $50 Marshall's gift card OR the legal immunity to murder one person w/o recourse

you won't know which it is until you do it though so get hoppin

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

American McGay posted:

Party Haircut Guy

Yakuza substory villain

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

Yakuza substory villain

lol

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Bicyclops posted:

Yakuza substory villain

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

No they won't.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

Yakuza substory villain

lol

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
All those six hour breaks you get and you have no time for the jumps.

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Bicyclops posted:

Yakuza substory villain

lol

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Heath posted:

RLM is good. GBS, less so.

What about REM

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
goddammit I didn't have my old avatar saved

what's the site that has them collected again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lmao