Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

nine-gear crow posted:

My only regret is how quiet this thread is gonna go for the next six hours after everyone gets probed. Congratulations everyone, enjoy your lols in silence. We're all thinking of you :patriot:
I'm only saved because I didn't get my guess in on time. Also it was like 5000 bitcoin or something like that, which is 260million today so I was under.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

He is Totally hosed.

He has been living the way he has on other people's money and fraud. When that moneyball machine started sputtering in the early 90s, he got it going again as a nice giant money-laundering machine, at a time when Russian oligarchs desperately needed one.

The Trump moneyball machine relies on no one thing in the process; it's a collective secret fiction: like many financial schemes, it can't be looked at as a whole thing - it can't survive the light of day - and thus depends on belief and a brand of credulity, as all squint & pretend they don't wonder how this thing can produce when there is no visible means of support.

And it worked for decades. Until it was blown apart today.

He is done. The Company is done. The engine that drove it lies in pieces, fully exposed to the world, and no one with enough money to make a difference can or will touch it with a ten-foot pole. There is no one who could or would pick up the pieces and make a go at it as something it has never been: a legitimate real-estate enterprise.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Yes, yes, it’s the Lincoln Project.

But this is the most savage video they’ve ever done for the special boy, and they released it on this special day.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1758615361501503868?s=20

e:

“I’ve been dead thirty years, and I’m STILL ashamed of you”

:trumppop:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So with the banks that he owes money to, is there anyway for them to call in the debt. As if I was one of those banks that the first thing I'd be doing write now before he declares bankruptcy and they get pennies on the dollar back.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

If Turmp wants to appeal does he have to cough up the entire amount first ($355m), the amount plus 10% ($390m), or does he just have to find someone willing to put up a bond for 10% of the amount which he'll never get back (35m)?

Either way here's some fun quick numbers by Forbes via the BBC https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68175846:

quote:

Much of Mr Trump's fortune is tied to his real estate ventures. Forbes found his New York real estate empire to be valued at $490m including his flagship condominium skyscraper, Trump Tower, worth $56m by the outlet's count.

Good thing Mr. Deals has confirmed that Mar-a-lago is worth a few billion. Maybe he can sell a wing of it? :smugdon:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I laughed at the gif and I laughed at Boob Cop

Oh and for half a billion other reasons

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

MrMojok posted:

Yes, yes, it’s the Lincoln Project.

But this is the most savage video they’ve ever done for the special boy, and they released it on this special day.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1758615361501503868?s=20

e:

“I’ve been dead thirty years, and I’m STILL ashamed of you”

:trumppop:

Say what you will about PL

But

GODDAMN is that vicious

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Cat Hassler posted:

lol that Trump is gonna have to sell a bunch of properties cause he doesn’t have the liquidity to cover this

That’s going to loving make him madder than anything else

:lol: I just remember, Trump is legally prohibited from transferring property without the permission of the court because they were (rightfully, because he had already started the process of starting Trump 2) afraid he would start transferring assets outside of the NY jurisdiction.

I don't think people, even experts, have fully processed that Trump might just be ruined financially with no recourse.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I feel like GFM is going to shut this down

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Trying to make some burn using an AI video is the lamest poo poo imaginable. Like, hire an actor

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

dr_rat posted:

get pennies on the dollar back.

The BRAND plum gave out ):

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Fabulousity posted:

If Turmp wants to appeal does he have to cough up the entire amount first ($355m), the amount plus 10% ($390m), or does he just have to find someone willing to put up a bond for 10% of the amount which he'll never get back (35m)?

Either way here's some fun quick numbers by Forbes via the BBC https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68175846:

Good thing Mr. Deals has confirmed that Mar-a-lago is worth a few billion. Maybe he can sell a wing of it? :smugdon:

the ruling banned him from borrowing money, so even if he could post a bond, he cant.

Three Olives posted:

I don't think people, even experts, have fully processed that Trump might just be ruined financially with no recourse.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

dr_rat posted:

So with the banks that he owes money to, is there anyway for them to call in the debt. As if I was one of those banks that the first thing I'd be doing write now before he declares bankruptcy and they get pennies on the dollar back.
If the banks wanted to declare him in default they likely can because there's now an adjudicated decision that he probably committed fraud in the acquisition of any outstanding loans he has right now. They likely don't want to because now is the absolute worst time to try to liquidate a bunch of commercial real estate given the aftermath of everyone doing WfH, and that means writing down a ton of value in the collateral even before accounting for the fraud, which will make it even worse.

And when the state of New York decides to start attaching liens to everything there's likely a clause buried in the contracts that can declare the loan in default to protect the lenders when the property is at risk of being sold on the courthouse steps at auction.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

kazil posted:

I am an official Trump donation receiver. Please put $50k in a shoe box and meet me for the handoff.

I only have a $100k bill, can you make change? Just put me down for $75k and you can give me $25K

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Nooner posted:

The BRAND plum gave out ):

Donald "TRUMP" u complain everywhere u go, u are banned!

- Judge Arthur Energon, 2024

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Renreeja posted:

so, does Jean Carol's money come in first? how do you sort out who gets the blood cause its surely limited

Jean Carroll gets Trump's personal money. The NY judgement is against the Trump Organization.

But neither one probably has any money so who knows. Will just end up making some food pyramid lawyers richer.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
If the trump brand is illegal than my lower back tattoo is breaking the law.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Not to mention my trump stump

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1758660268601524704

Really big brain here thinks that since the Court of Appeals said half of the evidence should be tossed out, not because it wasn't related to the fraud, but because the statute of limitations had been reached, that means that now that they get to go back to the Court of Appeals and try and get the other half of the evidence, that the Court of Appeals ALREADY RULED ON, thrown out.

Biggest brains in the business. They are spiraling.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

325 donations for 13k already :psyduck:

How are these people so gullible?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Jean Carroll gets Trump's personal money. The NY judgement is against the Trump Organization.

But neither one probably has any money so who knows. Will just end up making some food pyramid lawyers richer.

No Trump is personally on the hook for 355 million from my understanding of it. He's enjoined or whatever. So If Trump Org can't pay it then he has to.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The Engoron decision makes Trump also personally liable as well for $355m of the judgment, because he knows Trump's been treating all the various companies like a giant slush fund of intermingled money.

^^Edit: The term is "joint and severally liable" which means the money is gonna be had, whether Trump pays it all out his own pocket, he liquidates Trump Org to do it, or whatever, each of the persons/entities named in the judgment are all fully responsible for the sum listed and they can fight it out among themselves for how much each contributes, the court cares not how it gets done.

kw0134 fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Feb 17, 2024

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

There's going to be so many "support Trump" scams and I will love it.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

:trumppop::lolrudy::yooge:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Wow, almost all of the search results that weren't blatant photoshop on a lady were dudes.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Regarding this

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

THE AI MADE ME FAT!!!!!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

PainterofCrap posted:

He is Totally hosed.

He has been living the way he has on other people's money and fraud. When that moneyball machine started sputtering in the early 90s, he got it going again as a nice giant money-laundering machine, at a time when Russian oligarchs desperately needed one.

The Trump moneyball machine relies on no one thing in the process; it's a collective secret fiction: like many financial schemes, it can't be looked at as a whole thing - it can't survive the light of day - and thus depends on belief and a brand of credulity, as all squint & pretend they don't wonder how this thing can produce when there is no visible means of support.

And it worked for decades. Until it was blown apart today.

He is done. The Company is done. The engine that drove it lies in pieces, fully exposed to the world, and no one with enough money to make a difference can or will touch it with a ten-foot pole. There is no one who could or would pick up the pieces and make a go at it as something it has never been: a legitimate real-estate enterprise.

Why does none of this surprise me?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Of loving course

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

THE AI MADE ME FAT!!!!!

Let me clear this up by posting some obvious photochops

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Not to mention my trump stump

Oscar Wild posted:

Wow, almost all of the search results that weren't blatant photoshop on a lady were dudes.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Of loving course

Lol the ghostthetan of L. Ron even getting a slice of the action, amazing

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
remember when regressives made hatreon, the regressive patreon and inputting a negative number gave you money?

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

what great news to wake up to! LOL

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Our Crimes Presiden

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Grifters gonna grift. :lol:

Grifters grifting grifters and more Trumpy Bears and Trump NFT's. Trump selling Trump bonds with x10 payout at some undisclosed later time...

:lol:

Mike Johnson is going to be running three-card monte scams down on the house floor while MTG starts hawking timeshares in Russia.

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

big nipples big life posted:

325 donations for 13k already :psyduck:

How are these people so gullible?

how do i get in on this?

i want to grift badly

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Pajser posted:

how do i get in on this?

i want to grift badly

It's probably more ethically correct to just start slangin meth

edit: same customers too

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I’ve seen a lot of idiotic “pro life” arguments

This takes the loving cake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I’ve seen a lot of idiotic “pro life” arguments

This takes the loving cake

And yet you dipshit loving assholes forced me to look at pictures of aborted fetuses nearly every day I was in college for loving years, curious