Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

American McGay posted:

MvDK is so neutered compared to the original. Shame because the OG was one of my favorite games.

Nintendo I'm begging you to make a game that's the tiniest bit challenging for a person who has been playing video games for more than 6 months.

Im enjoying it but havent played the og, whats changed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Hell yeah. This year really can be the year of the backlog with news like this.

(Also release Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess please, I'll still buy those on the Switch just like I picked up Kirby just now for $40 from Target).

https://x.com/NinEverything/status/1758544275082821858?s=20

While we're at it, maybe a port of the newer Tomb Raider trilogy? I wouldn't mind owning those on the Switch, as long as they run like Red Dead and not like Arkham Knight trilogy.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Switch 2 isnt real and im glad

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Four more years

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."
Nintendo is holding back the Switch 2 until Donald Trump is safely back in office.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

They got Xenoblade 2 to look and run like it does on the normal Switch.

Anything further is just grandstanding.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Nintendo Switch 2 is actually the portable Xbox handheld.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

The Switch 2 has been coming next year, every year, since 2017.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Don’t a ridiculous amount of people own the Switch? Why start over if you can just keep selling them software?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

LionArcher posted:

While we're at it, maybe a port of the newer Tomb Raider trilogy? I wouldn't mind owning those on the Switch, as long as they run like Red Dead and not like Arkham Knight trilogy.

if only they'd port it

edit: realized you meant the reboot trilogy, but those games are trash

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

TheMightyBoops posted:

Don’t a ridiculous amount of people own the Switch? Why start over if you can just keep selling them software?

because shareholders expect unlimited sales growth. new system = new reason for $70 games.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

TheMightyBoops posted:

Only reason I can think of is that people like to be financially dominated by gaming companies and like being forced to buy new hardware every five years and get antsy if they dont have to. You see this with sickos wanting a PS5 pro

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

An Actual Princess posted:

if only they'd port it

edit: realized you meant the reboot trilogy, but those games are trash

the first one is good, didn't like the others

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

TheMightyBoops posted:

I would predict heavy backwards compatibility. It's not like the Switch is a particularly complex architecture.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

lines posted:

I would predict heavy backwards compatibility. It's not like the Switch is a particularly complex architecture.

I just hope they keep it cheap, one reason we have a switch is because they’re like 200 something bucks. As soon as it veers into steam deck price I’m out.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Backwards Compatibility will be paywalled behind your Nintendo Online+Expansion Pak subscription. There will be one new title a month, and you will already have to own it Digital for Nintendo Switch 1.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

lines posted:

It's pretty complex, it can be played handheld, tabletop or docked and the controllers can be removed from the sides.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
It's gotta be some VR poo poo

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Soul Dentist posted:

It's gotta be some VR poo poo

Nintendo Labo 2 with a big focus on Fitness and Edutainment, the release day titles are Ring Fit Adventure 2 and Mario's Driving School (region locked Japan only exclusive)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ring Fit Adventure 2 would loving own.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

just found out sheik is actually zelda. What the gently caress

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

American McGay posted:

MvDK is so neutered compared to the original. Shame because the OG was one of my favorite games.

Nintendo I'm begging you to make a game that's the tiniest bit challenging for a person who has been playing video games for more than 6 months.

I do feel like this about a lot of their games but theyre fundamentally fun so it’s ok. Pikmin 4 only had one post-game area that’s been tough (I have yet to do the final final area so we’ll see.) and I’m starting to feel like it’s overstaying it’s welcome but the game is just so good I don’t mind too much.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

An Actual Princess posted:

just found out sheik is actually zelda. What the gently caress

Username/post wintendo

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

lines posted:

Depends on which unsubstantiated rumor leak you've most recently seen

wizard2 posted:

Backwards Compatibility will be paywalled behind your Nintendo Online+Expansion Pak subscription. There will be one new title a month, and you will already have to own it Digital for Nintendo Switch 1.

The backwards compatibility is locked behind the more expensive model of the switch 2 I read in one headline a couple months ago

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

American McGay posted:

Yeah, I downloaded the demo and didn't really like it.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Put DK94 on the GB app Nintendo you motherfyckers

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If DK94 is like doing a crossword, Mario vs DK is like doing connect the dots. Which is ok, sometimes I just want to vibe

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

404notfound posted:

I could use a cozy game with mild social interaction right now, and I'm starting to look at Palia. How's the gameplay loop once you get through tutorials, and what does actually playing with other people entail?

Palia has a good foundation but the social stuff is buggy as gently caress and after the initial gate of building your house, progression slows way down.

I dropped it for other farming games with more bones.

The decorating is fun, though. It's the only one I've played where all items you can cook can also be placed in the world.
Having a big bowl of steaming ramen on the table is a lovely touch.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

MassRafTer posted:

It's pretty complex, it can be played handheld, tabletop or docked and the controllers can be removed from the sides.

I basically just meant "if it's just an Arm chipset ať the core again, I can't imagine it'll be hard to re-compile the software".

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

TheMightyBoops posted:

An important metric for them is hardware sold. The software helps sell more hardware. If they make a hit new game on a new console, everyone has to buy it. If they make that same game for the switch, much less people have to buy a new switch.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
I'm sure part of it is watching the other two consoles bumble around loving it up for 3+ years and realizing they can just chill out and make good games and bank.

The Switch has a bunch of exclusive games that would be the single best game on PS5 and Xbox.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

It would also be nice to have a console with somewhat beefier hardware, so more multi-platform games can be played on it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
TOTK was painful to look at on a nice big TV sometimes. I don’t need 4K from a Nintendo handheld hybrid but a spec bump will be appreciated.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Yeah, I’m kind of bored so far of MvDK. I just want to get to the later levels. I went on YouTube to see how much content there was and was kind of disappointed to see someone beat the whole game in 6 hours and finished did everything except time trials in 3 1/2

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Wonder what the battery life of switch 2 will be

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Wonder what the battery life of switch 2 will be

It'll be powered by a hand crank, so infinite playtime if you aren't a scrub.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Astro7x posted:

Yeah, I’m kind of bored so far of MvDK. I just want to get to the later levels. I went on YouTube to see how much content there was and was kind of disappointed to see someone beat the whole game in 6 hours and finished did everything except time trials in 3 1/2

180 seconds on the timer per level, 130 levels, means 390 minutes or 6.5 hours. Seems like the only one who should be surprised (and ashamed) is your 2nd grade math teacher.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

It'll be powered by a hand crank, so infinite playtime if you aren't a scrub.

No crank, but the buttons are all six inches high and spring loaded to require several footpounds of pressure. This extra energy is recaptured directly to the Nintendo Battery 2

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Soul Dentist posted:

No crank, but the buttons are all six inches high and spring loaded to require several footpounds of pressure. This extra energy is recaptured directly to the Nintendo Battery 2

It's actually a Stillsuit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

they called it the Switch 2 because it makes you want to Switch 2 a better console