Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Ah yes, I remember my Vacation Bible School lesson that one year when I was eight when were were told the story of Jesus and how he said "gently caress these people".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

47 and somehow forgot the Cold War.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
PYF's IoSM thread had some other birdpost that said that gofundme is by a scientologist.

so it seems like it might not even be a current political peep and just rando conman seeing a great opportunity

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Trump needs to watch out for AI or this could be next

https://twitter.com/Dexerto/status/1758572478459240729?s=20

Trump in Mario Golf style animation

NB-AI, Make it anime.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1758676216490381375

More solid law stuff and things to come from the esteemed Habba.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Three Olives posted:

Always bet on cum

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Habba blabba

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Legal Spokeswoman

so... lawyer

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Sure, he's losing $450 million, but think of the money he saved by not hiring real lawyers

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

She's just commenting on the law! There are no perilous proceedings to consider.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

The worst pizza topping

Australia seems to love it

(this is a joke about vegemite)

Boob Cop
Jan 1, 2023

Agents are GO! posted:

Hey look, you found Chucky Hams offsite account lol

Misread as Chunky Hams. Free username idea

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

kazil posted:

Sure, he's losing $450 million, but think of the money he saved by not hiring real lawyers

He's going to single handedly impact the gdp positively this year and make stocks go green. lol.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1758678073258496484

:lol:

I'm not sure if she actually believes this is how an appeal works or if she is just trying to keep Trump happy both either way it's wonderful to see.

edit: For people that don't understand the context, the first part of the trial was did Trump Co commit fraud. They plainly did, no legal question, it was a simple legal finding of fact that will unquestionably be upheld. Then, to the great annoyance of the judge, she spent the entire penalty phase trying to argue Actually I think you will see that it wasn't fraud!

She has a very, very, very stupid idea that she can get the judgement overturned by arguing that there really wasn't fraud, a fact that she already lost.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Feb 17, 2024

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Legal Spokeswoman

so... lawyer

It wouldn't surprise me if there's some amusing technical reason why she's not allowed to claim to be his lawyer at this point.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Wingnut Ninja posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if there's some amusing technical reason why she's not allowed to claim to be his lawyer at this point.

Matty Calamari probably called.

Don't you call her his lawyer!

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

so what does identifying as a hardcore Christian even entail? Ignoring all that sex abuse stuff that you clearly heard about, given this 47-year old dickhead was at least an adolescent when news started breaking

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Three Olives posted:

She has a very, very, very stupid idea that she can get the judgement overturned by arguing that there really wasn't fraud, a fact that she already lost.

I love that she thinks she's going to get to relitigate the case at every level of appeal.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Hey so with interest they're saying its going to be 450 million is that right? Not the original 365 million. Everywhere keeps saying 365 but I also see people talking about this 450 figure which the NY AG also said.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Hollismason posted:

Hey so with interest they're saying its going to be 450 million is that right? Not the original 365 million. Everywhere keeps saying 365 but I also see people talking about this 450 figure which the NY AG also said.

The judgment is $355m. The amount owed to satisfy it is around $450m because of prejudgment interest. If he appeals, his bond will be based on the first number, but interest will continue to accrue until it is paid.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Pajser posted:

how do i get in on this?

i want to grift badly

I have honestly considered trying to set up a GoFundMe that seems to be one of these grifting scams, but at the bottom I would put "This money is not going to Trump. It is going to a charity for victims of rape. Read the fine print." or something like that. But 1) I'm just not the kind of person who can be so shameless, and 2) GoFundMe would probably shut it down as false pretenses anyway.

Maybe I should just claim I'm also sending it to Trump ie just lie like those assholes. Better I have their money than them. I mean, how many of these assholes ever get caught and have the money they robbed taken back? Pretty sure in the older days SA would have probably arranged such an 'operation', though as many stories go, goons tend to not work well as collectives.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Small Strange Bird posted:

Turmbp literally hitting the sauce tonight!

I love the white suit, after a ketchup feast it's going to be ruined!!

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.
$330,000,000 - or in other words 92,000 Asus ROG LegalEagle™ RGB laptops.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Mr. Nice! posted:

The judgment is $355m. The amount owed to satisfy it is around $450m because of prejudgment interest. If he appeals, his bond will be based on the first number, but interest will continue to accrue until it is paid.

Wait so its still accruing interest. So if he puts off paying it for a while to raise money its just going to be more? How much did they say it accrues a month.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Three Olives posted:

When is her disbarrment proceedings going to start?

Coz that poo poo she did with the Trump Org sexual harrassment case was felony level criminal wasn't it?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Hollismason posted:

Wait so its still accruing interest. So if he puts off paying it for a while to raise money its just going to be more? How much did they say it accrues a month.

I think it's 9% a year.

In order to appeal it (or the rape/slander case) he'll need to pony up 110% of the judgement(s) as collateral to the court. The interest keeps on truckin'

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hollismason posted:

I saw the number 9.5 but I don't even know what that number means.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

BrigadierSensible posted:

When is her disbarrment proceedings going to start?

Coz that poo poo she did with the Trump Org sexual harrassment case was felony level criminal wasn't it?

I read something a while back that said she'd probably get a slap on the wrist from the bar because she wasn't yet representing Trump when she screwed that worker over.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

marshalljim posted:

I read something a while back that said she'd probably get a slap on the wrist from the bar because she wasn't yet representing Trump when she screwed that worker over.

...she definitely was acting on his behalf.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Wingnut Ninja posted:

She probably isn't his lawyer

Trump might just be keeping her around as a spokesperson now

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

PISS TAPE

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

PainterofCrap posted:

I think it's 9% a year.

In order to appeal it (or the rape/slander case) he'll need to pony up 110% of the judgement(s) as collateral to the court. The interest keeps on truckin'

The e jean carroll suit was in federal court which uses federal rules of procedure. The bond requirement in federal court is not as strict as NY state. He won’t have to pony up the full $83.3m to appeal that one.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

PainterofCrap posted:

I think it's 9% a year.

The NY Supreme Court could conceivably intervene. But, technically, while they need to file for appeal in less than 30 days, appeals need to be put to the NYSC 8 weeks before the term, and the terms start in September/January. I don't see a way out of a bond without the NYSC doing something special out of sequence, which, no idea how likely that is.

I'd also read 120%, but either way, it's probably more money than he can pay whoever can build a bond that big.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

I agree with Russia on this one.

Also why wasn't I probed for getting the bet wrong? Or is it required you were wrong enough?

Grey Cat fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Feb 17, 2024

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

notwithoutmyanus posted:

lol that gofundme is just a freeper orgy in the comments:

quote:

Trump isn't bulging

Oh I beg to differ

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

They have to say some true stuff to preserve the veneer

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Mr. Nice! posted:

The e jean carroll suit was in federal court which uses federal rules of procedure. The bond requirement in federal court is not as strict as NY state. He won’t have to pony up the full $83.3m to appeal that one.
But E. Carroll can start collecting if he doesn't post a bond. So that'll be funny as hell.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Grey Cat posted:

I agree with Russia on this one.

Also why wasn't I probed for getting the bet wrong? Or is it required you were wrong enough?

Stopped clock.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007