Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Frieren's new spell looks effective.

https://x.com/5r2rjseq/status/1756695173671825553?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
When dealing with prop firearms the union makes it mandatory to have a licensed armorer for safety, and they can also do something else very important: Instructing people on how to hold the drat thing so they don't look like an idiot.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

She probably can't reach around the stock and hold it up at the same time.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

M_Gargantua posted:

When dealing with prop firearms the union makes it mandatory to have a licensed armorer for safety, and they can also do something else very important: Instructing people on how to hold the drat thing so they don't look like an idiot.

"Himmel once held a gun this way..."

*wistful flashback to Himmel breaking his loving shoulder when the Barrett .50 cal kicks*

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

M_Gargantua posted:

lmao i dont think anyone actually cares

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There's practical concerns too, I don't think that cosplayer is sturdy enough to hold that gun properly. They're too spindly.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Fluffdaddy posted:

It does entertain me that the gripe is about 'holding it wrong', like casually shoulder-firing it even when not a 105 pound elf is any more sensible.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Arc Hammer posted:

"Himmel once held a gun this way..."

*wistful flashback to Himmel breaking his loving shoulder when the Barrett .50 cal kicks*

"It never seemed to hurt Eisen, you should be fine to do it, Stark"

also here's a preview for the upcoming mini-arc of this larger arc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEkwCGJ3o7M

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Ranzear posted:

It does entertain me that the gripe is about 'holding it wrong', like casually shoulder-firing it even when not a 105 pound elf is any more sensible.

How could that little elf eat all of that steak :colbert:

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Fluffdaddy posted:

Also i don't think there is a real 50 cal in the whole of Japan, that's airsoft at best with smoke added in post.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

TwoPair posted:

also here's a preview for the upcoming mini-arc of this larger arc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEkwCGJ3o7M

nice, the second test is getting the animation budget it deserves

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SlowBloke posted:

Also i don't think there is a real 50 cal in the whole of Japan, that's airsoft at best with smoke added in post.

It really looks like the cosplayer mimed holding a gun for the photo and they photoshopped it into her hands awkwardly

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

SlowBloke posted:

The JSDF/JMSDF most def has .50 crew serve. Yes, I know what you meant.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

nice, the second test is getting the animation budget it deserves

Feel bad for those two other teams whose designs scream “I am a redshirt and am only here to get killed by that sick nasty looking gargoyle.”

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
What’s wrong with drinking juice in the middle of the night

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

GateOfD posted:

It'll make you grow hair on the back of your hands.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

GateOfD posted:

Lots of sugars which will mess with your sleep.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

GateOfD posted:

She doesn't want her husband to end up an alcoholic like her dad.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

GateOfD posted:

if you have to ask, you'll never know

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Babe Magnet posted:

if you have to ask, you'll never know
________________/

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

The angrier she gets, the closer she gets to becoming a perfect sphere.

Kibibit fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 12, 2024

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Never introduce Frieren to gacha games, they will squeeze her for everything she owns.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

things are all fun and games until the boss music starts playing

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

I really like how well the "video-gamey" influences are integrated in Frieren. Like rather than throwing up a stats screen, it's stuff like "yeah every single player of courses doubles back each junction to explore every path like duh".

It's fun!

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

would have shattered my bottle as soon as i saw dark frieren. gently caress that poo poo ill take the test in 3 years

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I like how they and we get to experience how perfect the copying of !Laufen was first so they know how screwed they are when encountering !Frieren.

I have to think Denken has a plan?

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

ChronoReverse posted:

I have to think Denken has a plan?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The end reveal is so good even though you should expect it but the switch up of Denken's party encountering a clone of someone not in their own party is really great and dark frieren floating ominously in the air just sells the loving menace!!

The mage fighting in this looks so loving good too. I really love tall brown hair lady just turbo blasting lasers.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, I love how casually competent the brown-haired lady is, with being all-in on cooperation, sniping !Laufen through an earth wall or instantly turning shield into a counter attack. You really don't have to wonder how she passed the first exam, even if she did it entirely off-screen.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I've liked seeing way bigger magic shield spells than are necessary so far in this 2nd test. It makes for a better visual generally, and it makes sense in the setting since to reach this level you gotta have the mana to throw up big shields or total sphere shields, and not everyone will have been trained to make tiny optimal shields like Fern was. It also retroactively makes Fern's fairly early feat defending against the demon that came up with Zoltraak more impressive since even if she only had to worry about defense and not offense, he did throw a wild amount of magic at her and she handled it super will with fast timing.

Here I think we're seeing a more "standard" approach to defense, especially when attacked unexpectedly, which is to toss up giant shields or fully not screw around and put yourself in a Shield ball like Denken did since it's better to overdefend than underdefend and there's all sorts of stuff out there that can kill you or seriously injure you by getting in one hit.

Hopefully both the anime and manga of Frieren keep on trucking along and we'll get to see many more seasons of rad fights employed sparingly and general feelgood vibes.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RuBisCO posted:

I really like how well the "video-gamey" influences are integrated in Frieren. Like rather than throwing up a stats screen, it's stuff like "yeah every single player of courses doubles back each junction to explore every path like duh".

It's fun!

And there's even the casual mention of a "sidequest" where someone is collecting medals. It's just a thing in the world that someone with resources wants that kind of item, and adventurers are aware of it.

Frieren and Delicious in Dungeon approach their RPG worlds from different angles, but they're both very good at building them into believable worlds.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

Fluffdaddy posted:

would have shattered my bottle as soon as i saw dark frieren. gently caress that poo poo ill take the test in 3 years

:same:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
If only Denken knew all he needs is a mimic.

Sense's reaction face to Frieren and mimics was fantastic.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Sindai posted:

Sense's reaction face to Frieren and mimics was fantastic.
Up to that point, we hadn't seen her react to anything. Even when Frieren blew the barrier, she looked as nonchalant as always. But her disbelief at seeing this legendary mage turn out to be the fantasy equivalent of a gatchapon addict was priceless. Seriously, Frieren Frog Tanks would make a fortune.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

huh, if this episode is any indication they were definitely concentrating on this part of the arc as opposed to the first test, animation wise

it's back to elaborate anime-original fight sequences

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Himmel's dark secret is he could've beaten the Demon King faster than 10 years but he really wanted to 100% every dungeon before fighting the boss.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

TwoPair posted:

Himmel's dark secret is he could've beaten the Demon King faster than 10 years but he really wanted to 100% every dungeon before fighting the boss.

That's blasphemy; it's clearly because Himmel was determined to complete every sidequest that he turned out to be The One.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The whole party was overleveled by the time they reached the Demon King and it was honestly a pretty disappointing fight so they don't talk about it.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

You see it coming from a mile away but it's still hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
A rich and hearty lol that the manga version of the clone Laufen fight was two panels long. This is ALL of it.

And the animation team turned it into this.
https://streamable.com/whzgsg

Our sinful species doesn't deserve an adaptation this good