Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
404 Super Earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
Maximum Helldivers Are Helldiving. For Freedom.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nelson Mandingo posted:

My biggest thoughts about the mechs and vehicles is while I definitely want them in the game, I'm worried what they will degrade the incredible foot gameplay into by introducing them.

...Of course they could just build bases, tunnels and places where vehicles can't go.

I could see a way around this of bigger maps that they're restricted to

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Gone Fashing posted:

i did two missions without getting rewards but then when i quit out and was eventually able to get back in, i got the xp and requisitions

I had one mission dc as we loaded back into the ship and another displayed no rewards and I'm crushed because we were so thorough finding sc and medals, maybe all isn't lost though? currently stuck looking at my ship above orbit after leaving the host lol.

oh is anyone else getting the bug where picking up medals or sc freezes you in place for a few seconds? I could only crouch/prone, turn and salute. happened to me and the rando I was playing with throughout the match, really tense to be frozen and hear bugs get closer. also Colonel GubGub, if you're out there, hell of a job 🫡

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

slicing up eyeballs posted:

I had one mission dc as we loaded back into the ship and another displayed no rewards and I'm crushed because we were so thorough finding sc and medals, maybe all isn't lost though? currently stuck looking at my ship above orbit after leaving the host lol.

oh is anyone else getting the bug where picking up medals or sc freezes you in place for a few seconds? I could only crouch/prone, turn and salute. happened to me and the rando I was playing with throughout the match, really tense to be frozen and hear bugs get closer. also Colonel GubGub, if you're out there, hell of a job 🫡

Sometimes when you pick stuff up from the drones i get animation stuck until the game decides to reset, but it mostly seems to happen if i mash butan as fast as possible.

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015
If you ever get animation stuck, a quick melee whack from a friendly helldiver gets you back to being able to do stuff. Had a guy clip out of the map one time tho.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

sushibandit posted:

How are server problems after the first weekend of a launch still a thing?

Owl Inspector posted:

Game's at roughly 40x the first game's peak on steam and counting, pretty understandable that the servers are on fire

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
When I was able to get to play earlier I managed to get a planet defense mission to work fine. Strange luck

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I hope they can work out all of these kinks, it's a really fun game when it works, and it'll be neat if the devs can get enough cash to keep developing for it.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Homeless Friend posted:

404 Super Earth

Thread title pls.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Helldivers 2: I AINT DOING poo poo

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Bandire posted:

Yeah, first mission we completed tonight: no rewards. Good thing its bonus 50% rewards weekend.

Man. Doing mission after mission for no rewards is even more painful when you have a helpful level 3 newbie who doesn't ragequit busting their rear end along for the ride, for NOTHING.

Yes, autocannons do loving rule. I am so very sorry you are not getting closer to one :saddowns:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Feb 17, 2024

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Draven posted:

Helldivers 2: I AINT DOING poo poo

Get Some! Get soooome! (servers)

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

slicing up eyeballs posted:

i just relogged and i got all the medals i collected for the missions i did without getting credit too, so i think it's probably fine

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Section Z posted:

Man. Doing mission after mission for no rewards is even more painful when you have a helpful level 3 newbie who doesn't ragequit busting their rear end along for the ride, for NOTHING.

Yes, autocannons do loving rule. I am so very sorry you are not getting closer to one :saddowns:

"I am a patriot, I ain't doing this for XP!"

-Me when my buddies were upset I'm stuck at level 1 not getting any xp. :v:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Helldivers 2 - Please Wait Democratically (for the game to work)

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!
I had the awards bug for the first time today, quit and restarted and got a big bump. Its hard to be sure but I think the rewards matched what I had expected.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

the rewards bug just seems to be it taking a little while to register as opposed to something you need to log out and back in for.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Yeah, managed to get in and got my rewards from earlier.

Primary SMG seems...pretty good. I like slower firing, heavier hitting weapons so weapon that seems to be the starting rifle but stronger (and an SMG so can be one-handed) seems nifty.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Social media is filled with helldiver clips and memes so, yeah, this weekend is gonna be rough.

Alkydere posted:

Primary SMG seems...pretty good. I like slower firing, heavier hitting weapons so weapon that seems to be the starting rifle but stronger (and an SMG so can be one-handed) seems nifty.

The SMG is great. Fun fact: You can 'blindfire'(fire without aiming) behind you without slowing down. Great for when stuff is chasing you. This goes for all one-handed weapons.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
At this rate Arrowhead is going to have to do an XP weekend as a make-good on the XP weekend.

Edit: I just realized that they're not even queuing people, it's just random retrying hoping you get in. I can only assume their backend does not support the concept of a queue.

BabelFish fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Feb 17, 2024

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol @ the amount of people parked on super earth

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
is there a hypothetical scenario where we get pushed all the way to earth? really curious what that battlefield would look like

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
There were city-only maps in helldivers 1.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Thumbtacks posted:

is there a hypothetical scenario where we get pushed all the way to earth? really curious what that battlefield would look like

this defeatism! :commissar:

I dunno if it's related to server stuff or what, but when we'd take down a dropship tonight, the flying model would disappear, and a crashed/grounded model would sort of fly in from the side at ground level to park itself where the dropship would have crashed. Seemed real janky. Had a friend of a friend get so mad at his buddy for dropping yet another dropship on him he rage quit

This game is not the kind you can get mad about bullshit happening to you, whether that's player or game bullshit. You're gonna have a bad time, it's too frantic

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

quote:

Another update from the developers: "One of our databases found itself overloaded again tonight. We've implemented a partial mitigation which we think will start to improve the situation as the database catches up. We're also calling in more developers to take a look and see what we can do to keep things running smoothly Saturday. Thank you all for your patience and support!"

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
https://streamable.com/i89hre

on that note this was my first drop and how i learned what player indicators look like

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

explosivo posted:

Yeah I think this is the problem, we've been largely sticking to medium as I bring my friends up to speed and that felt like an impossible task for us on medium. It was immediately clear that something is hosed and none of us were having any fun so we just bailed.

Haven't played the bot missions yet but depending on mission it feels like there are some very hard "account for this or you will eat poo poo a lot" limits especially wrt loadouts and how much people know how to play them. Like I went through a nightmare slog of a level 4 bug mission that should normally be a cakewalk because one guy took a machine gun for support and the other guy took something insane like no support weapon, 2 turrets, and mines. My railgun was the only thing that could deal with chargers (and I was the only one who knew that you shoot the leg after you blow the armor off), I was the only one really killing spewers with my shotgun, died like 6 times to random mine drops, and ended up getting out as the last person alive with no reinforcements while running away from like 30 mobs.

I'm sure the bot missions aren't easy but like, bots aren't *that* hard to clear if you have 4 people with decent loadouts and you aren't dealing with Hulks and tanks in a level 3?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I don't think I've ever seen a non hyped game blow up like this

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

triple sulk posted:

Yeah this is an all timer

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

triple sulk posted:

yeah never been on the ground floor for this sort of thing. Pretty wild

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
The discord is going insane with angry gamers

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Homeless Friend posted:

404 Super Earth

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

idiotsavant posted:

Haven't played the bot missions yet but depending on mission it feels like there are some very hard "account for this or you will eat poo poo a lot" limits especially wrt loadouts and how much people know how to play them. Like I went through a nightmare slog of a level 4 bug mission that should normally be a cakewalk because one guy took a machine gun for support and the other guy took something insane like no support weapon, 2 turrets, and mines. My railgun was the only thing that could deal with chargers (and I was the only one who knew that you shoot the leg after you blow the armor off), I was the only one really killing spewers with my shotgun, died like 6 times to random mine drops, and ended up getting out as the last person alive with no reinforcements while running away from like 30 mobs.

I'm sure the bot missions aren't easy but like, bots aren't *that* hard to clear if you have 4 people with decent loadouts and you aren't dealing with Hulks and tanks in a level 3?

Nah it's the same issue on bot side where if you don't have someone with a way to deal with the drop ships you're just hosed as people suck at killing bots quickly

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Thumbtacks posted:

As mentioned there were city maps in 1, and the playerbase could lose and Super Earth got raided, but the war for democracy would always go on

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

triple sulk posted:

palworld literally came out a month ago lol

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Away all Goats posted:

palworld literally came out a month ago lol

That game was a little bit more of a known quantity than this

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Also this is entirely mp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Due to the overwhelming recruitment of fresh Helldiver recruits: Triple Overtime With Pay has been enacted and made Mandatory at recruitment offices and Super Earth naval yards so that every Helldiver can get their papers signed and their own Super Destroyer. Dereliction of duty in these trying times will be investigated as Treason.

For Freedom and Managed Democracy.
Sweet Liberty, the lines are how long around the recruiting stations!?

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Feb 17, 2024