Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Greasy-haired Pete has been my brand for so long that I'm not even sure I can move on from it yet. Much like the Seahawks, I'll probably wait to change it a few years too late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

harperdc posted:

Fixed it for ya

This is the way

Also any Hawks fans with Pete Carroll avatars wanting an update (hi Benne) holler at your local friendly mod :hawksin:

There is a reason I have Marshawn as my av. Pete while good was finite. But Marshawn is eternal

I'm feeling pretty hyped about the hawks coaching staff. Literally the opposite of the seahawks fan experience the last 5 years. All new young staff vs old friends of Pete. Will they be good ? How will they gel? That will be the storyline for me this year and will make for a fun season regardless of record.

I wouldn't be surprised if they kept geno or traded him for a 4th or something. If penix is available in the 3rd at 78 then take him otherwise I'd rather shore up the lines this draft and take a flier on Jordan Travis or rattler in the 4th this year.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Manoueverable posted:

The most concerning thing from the defense last season was Riq Woolen taking a massive step back to the point he got benched a couple of times. Hopefully he can put things back together because having both corners playing at a high level is essential.

That was so gosh darn disappointing and concerning.

Riq was a star his rookie year!

Then he didn’t just have a sophomore slump, he had a sophomore plummet :smith: I am excited for MacDonald to bring out the best in Mr Woolen.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Mustached Demon posted:

Jimmy G looking like he's getting released.

He was already looking like that, but PED means the Raiders are saving some money and they sure need it.

Manoueverable posted:

The most concerning thing from the defense last season was Riq Woolen taking a massive step back to the point he got benched a couple of times. Hopefully he can put things back together because having both corners playing at a high level is essential.

He was coming off of a surgery, but yeah did he regress. Some extra conditioning time and new coaching will hopefully bring him back to form.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Lifespan posted:

He was already looking like that, but PED means the Raiders are saving some money and they sure need it.

He was coming off of a surgery, but yeah did he regress. Some extra conditioning time and new coaching will hopefully bring him back to form.

How can Jimmy g not be done after so many injuries. Also PEDs now. And he hasn't been that good

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

OGS-Remix posted:

Or ultra comedy Pete Carroll.

First Sherm now this? Have they no decency?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

EmbryoSteve posted:

How can Jimmy g not be done after so many injuries. Also PEDs now. And he hasn't been that good

Jimmy is almost certainly going to be stuck in the veteran backup role for the remainder of his career after flopping so hard in his first starting gig post-Shanahan. Which, hey, cashing a few million dollars to hold a clipboard on the sidelines all year unless the other guy gets hurt ain't the worst gig in the world.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Grozz Nuy posted:

Jimmy is almost certainly going to be stuck in the veteran backup role for the remainder of his career after flopping so hard in his first starting gig post-Shanahan. Which, hey, cashing a few million dollars to hold a clipboard on the sidelines all year unless the other guy gets hurt ain't the worst gig in the world.

Yeah I feel like this is his ceiling. He's just ok and there are like 40 dudes who are just ok who won't break just by thinking about MetLife stadium.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Mustached Demon posted:

Yeah I feel like this is his ceiling. He's just ok and there are like 40 dudes who are just ok who won't break just by thinking about MetLife stadium.

I wouldn't pay him a penny more than Drew Lock and I'm talking about Drew Lock here.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I'm so glad the Seahawks hired an englishman to be their DC

harperdc posted:

Fixed it for ya

This is the way

Also any Hawks fans with Pete Carroll avatars wanting an update (hi Benne) holler at your local friendly mod :hawksin:

I have no idea what I would replace mine with :smith:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Its Rinaldo posted:

I'm so glad the Seahawks hired an englishman to be their DC

I have no idea what I would replace mine with :smith:

Please do not replace that.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Yeah, that was the best crazy MNF animation of all time.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

seattle didn't move geno smith today so his 12.7 million contract is now guaranteed

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Strong Sauce posted:

seattle didn't move geno smith today so his 12.7 million contract is now guaranteed

A cheap price to pay to not have to start Drew Lock.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Grozz Nuy posted:

I’d take him at backup over darnold. He’s capable of being a median QB on good days

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

DeimosRising posted:

I’d take him at backup over darnold. He’s capable of being a median QB on good days

At like 2-3 million/year, sure. We'll see what the market for him after he gets cut looks like, I guess.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Guess I'm keeping this until something funnier comes along!

Nervous posted:

A cheap price to pay to not have to start Drew Lock.

While true, Drew Lock beating the Eagles by marching down the field in the last minutes of the game was the high point for me of the season so I have a soft spot for him

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Its Rinaldo posted:

Guess I'm keeping this until something funnier comes along!

While true, Drew Lock beating the Eagles by marching down the field in the last minutes of the game was the high point for me of the season so I have a soft spot for him

I, also, thought that owned.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Geno Smith has restructured his contract with the Hawks.

Turns a $9.6 million roster bonus into a signing bonus to create $4.8 million in cap space, but raises his cap hit to $38.5 million for 2025

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Clutch. This will turn things around a for Seattle.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
49ers released Isaiah Oliver today, only 7 months later than they should have.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

Leperflesh posted:

Geno Smith has restructured his contract with the Hawks.

Turns a $9.6 million roster bonus into a signing bonus to create $4.8 million in cap space, but raises his cap hit to $38.5 million for 2025

Optimizing for competing in 2024 at the expense of 2025 is disappointing. Though it's not much money in the grand scheme especially in light of today's news on the new cap figure.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Yeah, there is nothing crazy about that move but not too stoked about what that move implies. Now I would bet they want to give Jamal another chance if he can stand again.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
The Rams released C Brian Allen, and re-signed WR Demarcus Robinson to a one year deal.

I really like the Robinson re-signing as he came up big in the second half of the season. He'll be the solid #3, so Tutu Atwell will be regulated to #4 if he even makes the team. Ben Skowronek is the ST's ace, so his spot is safe.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
It must truly be the off-season if we're getting mad about a contract restructuring for a QB who can largely be cut at will

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
The restructure signals to me that they want to draft McCarthy or another QB, probably in the 1st, and let him sit for a year then cut Geno after next season. Which in a vacuum is fine, they need to look for The Guy, but I highly doubt McCarthy is or will be.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
The idea that anyone can predict what Schneider will do in the draft is baffling to me. The team always seemed to zig when expected to zag, at times in ineffective ways. And we know even less with Carroll out of the picture.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Coldforge posted:

49ers released Isaiah Oliver today, only 7 months later than they should have.

The higher than expected salary cap for 2024 really opens up some options for the 49ers, so you can definitely tell they had 0 desire to keep Oliver around.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
He was only on the team in the first place because of Wilks. Just one of many fireable offenses on his resume.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

shirts and skins posted:

It must truly be the off-season if we're getting mad about a contract restructuring for a QB who can largely be cut at will

I'm not mad, please don't put in the newspapers that I got mad.

To the extent I am disappointed with the move, it's because Geno could have been cut at will in 2025, but now they have shifted more dead cap into 2025 which makes cutting him them harder.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

:sigh:

https://twitter.com/aaronlevine_/status/1761497453977866276

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Nooo, not 49ers legend Richard Kevin Sherman :smith:

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Again? Did he try to attack a family member again too?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Coldforge posted:

That's king county so it's Seahawks legend Richard Sherman.

Was his role model growing up Dennis Erickson? Sheesh

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde

Coldforge posted:

Ok with the niners claiming him with these shenanigans

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Mustached Demon posted:

Was his role model growing up Dennis Erickson? Sheesh

Absolutely gently caress Dennis Erickson. I hate Mike Nolan more, but not by much.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

Ok with the niners claiming him with these shenanigans

His troubles only started since he tried to play for the niners, makes you think

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Tweak posted:

His troubles only started since he tried to play for the niners, makes you think

You mean after he was injured and abandoned by the heartless Seattle Seahawks.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

no i dont

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Fuuuuuuck