Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I love all lurkers except for one. I have never seen their posts but I know they would be terrible. It's you. the one reading this right now. I know it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

well gently caress you angepain I regret sending you that valentine's card now

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

sure it was unwarranted and you'd previously sent the C&D but nevertheless my offence is palpable

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
ROASES ARE RED,,,

AND SO IS;- BEETROOT GRAVY

UP BUM,,,

NO BABY

:mcrappe:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

:mcrappe: makes me laugh every goddamn time lol, I think the first time I saw it I thought it was Gerry Adams with his mouth agape in furious shock and that's how I interpret it every time now

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I love you all equally except njan99.

i luv u more sausage

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
Thanks Tess and gently caress you Ange, I know you both mean me. I drafted a long post about my JSA experience 11 years ago but it's staying in my notes.

Long story short I got a job at a mini Wetherspoons airside at Heathrow off a course the Job Centre sent me on. Did two months with a temporary pass while my references cleared. It ran out and I went for an interview for a temp job as a PA at a council. Got that job and got a call from Wetherspoons the same day to say my full pass was ready. I've now been at the council for over 10 years, last 8yrs managing a team of 13 ppl responsible for sourcing care services for 200-300 vulnerable adults a week.

Management is a bitch but I take it very seriously and look after my team. I have been reading the UKMT since like 2011, it's had a massive impact on my politics and that ofc influences how I manage people as well. I feel like I have been posting a bit more recently so you may see more of me. Actually paid to change my username recently (just from Wafflecop, which I nicked from an old webcomic back in the day) and considering an avatar change in the near future.

Woops this is getting long too and I've got to be up with the kids tomorrow so good night UKMT goons. Love from this longtime lurker, intermittent poster.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
I was collecting JSA for a few months in toxteth jobcentre around 2010. My advisor was a sound former student, but i saw some poo poo waiting to see him.

Welp, that's my jsa story, back to lurking.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think I saw you post somewhere else and had that exact thought about your username so thankyou for responding to my psychic question.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Thanks for posting and we hope to see you posting with us again soon! I think your username (pre-change) is one I remember seeing somewhere irrespective of the webcomic origin, so good to see you over this way.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

rocket_Magnet posted:

I was collecting JSA for a few months in toxteth jobcentre around 2010. My advisor was a sound former student, but i saw some poo poo waiting to see him.

Welp, that's my jsa story, back to lurking.

Nice try but *throws hand forward* I've got your nose so you have to pop in from time to time.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

gently caress, he's got his nose

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
See these kinds of antics are why people keep rejecting your valentines

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

crispix posted:

ROASES ARE RED,,,

AND SO IS;- BEETROOT GRAVY

UP BUM,,,

NO BABY

:mcrappe:

To the tune of this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKma0zlB5fw

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
I am in the thankful position that I can generally tell when the time will be when I have to metaphorically “just gonna grab my coat” and then get some other job.

My current one was timed at the end of a contract, completely different industry than I am used to and was a bit of a culture shock both going perm and at a place that moved slowly.

Not had to do JSA stuff since Tony was in charge so unlikely to offer any advice there.

AI seems your best bet for anything required for you to write something for someone not inclined to read it. LinkedIn can be useful just fill it in and add people you have worked with, avoid the recruiters. My only recommendation is asking questions at an interview to gauge how much poo poo you are in for it you get that job.

By-election thoughts: low turnout is interesting, not sure what it is compared to other by-elections but not heard any muttering on voter ID either. I think adding Reform + Tories is a little disingenuous as I don’t think they will all go that way, I think I saw a poll where it would be about 30% or so and the rest will vote for someone else.

You need to consider also they didn’t go for a few seats last time based on something with Brexit, I forgot as it was years ago.

Oh and if you lurk don’t worry about posting.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just post what's the worst that could happen :peanut:

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
It's fun to post!

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Tesseraction posted:

:mcrappe: makes me laugh every goddamn time lol, I think the first time I saw it I thought it was Gerry Adams with his mouth agape in furious shock and that's how I interpret it every time now
what what the gently caress it isn’t that? Who the gently caress is it then?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

TACD posted:

what what the gently caress it isn’t that? Who the gently caress is it then?

Er yeah same reaction as you, that's clearly Gerry Adams as he reads the "surely you know someone who can fit a timer" tweet

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Naked shouting Swiss football fan obviously

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
drat I missed Lurker's Hour because I was sound asleep

I also missed the bugman-99 slapfight

I've woken in time for the explanation of what the gently caress :mcrappe: is though, so there's that

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Skarsnik posted:

Naked shouting Swiss football fan obviously

This does answer the question and yet still leaves me wondering who the gently caress is that?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/switzerland-fan-viral-france-euros-24419897.amp

Most of the news stories are from awful places so have a daily star link

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I mean they don't say it's not Gerry Adams

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Do emojis still cost $40?

Are they included in the basket of goods for measuring inflation?

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Skarsnik posted:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/switzerland-fan-viral-france-euros-24419897.amp

Most of the news stories are from awful places so have a daily star link

As resident Swiss I don’t think I’ve ever seen that but LOL LMAO

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

You're telling me it's just Some Guy? :negative:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

we're all just some guy tbf

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Yeah but we're not emotes

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Mano posted:

As resident Swiss I don’t think I’ve ever seen that but LOL LMAO

I assumed there was a framed picture of him in every Swiss home and government building

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Angepain posted:

I love all lurkers except for one. I have never seen their posts but I know they would be terrible. It's you. the one reading this right now. I know it

Hi, the terrible lurker here.

If you knew someone who watches hours of BBC politics every day, listens to the podcast by the racist and war criminal and won’t listen to anyone else under the age of 60, how would you explain to them your perspective?

Is it even worth trying?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I see the threads favourite poster was on the drink last night

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ms Adequate posted:

You're telling me it's just Some Guy? :negative:
The vegetal cat meme but it's Gerry and Jimbly Crimbles pointing and shouting at a yellow plastic duck sat atop a plate of mac and cheese.

(this is the actual reason that AI was invented for)

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

That loving Sned posted:

Hi, the terrible lurker here.

If you knew someone who watches hours of BBC politics every day, listens to the podcast by the racist and war criminal and won’t listen to anyone else under the age of 60, how would you explain to them your perspective?

Is it even worth trying?

We tried, but it didn't work. We threadbanned then before actually banning them.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ms Adequate posted:

Yeah but we're not emotes

Speak for yourself :boom:

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

All the lurkers should post more, to drown out njan99s posts if nothing else.

Count me in for the group who thought it was Gerry Adams reading the timer tweet

Rarity posted:

Speak for yourself :boom:

You should really use your private jet less frequently, Ms. Swift.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
I was going to post last night cos I was drinking this weird blue beer that strained my tongue and tasted of Refreshers but thought naah better not.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

I still think the Vince McMahon falling over emote looks more like Kenneth Williams

:vince: Oooh matron!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

kecske posted:

lord adonis was the car park fight guy

his account was also named lord adonis