Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Dad Cop is going to take a couple of weeks to learn to love his daughter even though she's not actually his daughter and then he's going to find out Wilbur has been breaking into his apartment and licking all his root beer cans and baby girl is his daughter after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My money is on "isn't Old Flames bio daughter either; adoption still exists, rear end in a top hat, also I'm taking you to court for invasion of privacy" because this trainwreck must continue in the dumbest ways possible

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Julet Esqu posted:

Dad Cop is going to take a couple of weeks to learn to love his daughter even though she's not actually his daughter and then he's going to find out Wilbur has been breaking into his apartment and licking all his root beer cans and baby girl is his daughter after all.

she's Wilbur's daughter

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Once when I was sitting in the Boyfriend Chair outside a fitting room, my girlfriend told me "It's all right, I'll be done soon. Just... lie back and think of England."

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

I don't care what happens to Dad Cop in Mary Worth, this storyline has been going on for way too long and I'm ready for them to pivot to some other unlikable assholes.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
dude at the secret DNA soda can testing place messed up. everyone is his kid. even Mary.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

I said nothing would be less exciting than Dr Rex Morgan MD spending a week saying "I can't believe Rene was really Jimmy the whole time" but they accepted my challenge and did two old people deciding to reheat coffee.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

THORN, February 13-16, 1984

I don't remember who the Hooded One turned out to be in Bone, but I don't think it was this?

It was but if I remember right in the comic series it's not revealed until much, much later (there's even a prequel comic about how she became that way that I think was made a little after the main book ended)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Feb 17, 2024

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Pancho Jueves posted:

Pluggers

Plugger category: culturally incurious
  1. Of course deep fried sushi actually exists, because deep fried everything exists.
  2. It's only sushi if it's got rice. That's the defining feature. Fish is not even required. Pluggers don't even know what sushi is but they're pretty sure they wouldn't like it.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
If you like Peanuts watch the Welcome Home Franklin Apple TV special. I thought it was pretty decent.

Anyways, comics:

Crabgrass

Big Nate

Nate, she was trying to be nice. Please stop being a dick.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Selachian posted:

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 2/6/77

That gag in the first panel is golden.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Nate, you are what, 4th grade? I can't remember why he hates his teacher so much other than She's Authority.

I remember my sophomore or junior year in high school, and I loving hated my English Lit teacher. This was decades before AI, and she wanted every loving essay hand written, double side and spacing, and cursive if we felt like it. No typing. And then we had to physically edit every draft with different colored pens and then rewrite it all before we could type it period. And yes, she wanted every rough draft.

I hated this system, and I told her what a waste of time it was. And one day she either saw I was having a bad day, or she genuinely liked it, but she complimented one of my super gaudy dollar store rings. Had some butterfly with wings on springs so they moved. I was surprised but thanked her.

And I found another ring like it. Wrapped it up in a small box, and last day of school, I gave it to her. We were on better terms then, but what surprised me was that she didn't tease about me trying to get extra credit or comments about how tacky the thing was. She genuinely thanked me for it, and said she knew we had had our differences, but it's a sign of maturity to know sometimes we can disagree but still respect each other.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

It's a tried and true joke in Luann to have the characters act oblivious and zany when someone (Piro, Gunther, Tiffany, Bets) is upset or having a hard time, and it never fails to make the other characters look like the worst kind of assholes.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
b]Heathcliff[/b]

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (March 16, 2002)

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Zippy The Pinhead

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Corto Maltese

Blueberry

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

riderchop posted:

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

Huh. I did not know that "tangent" is used in art to mean ... bad... art... things, like two objects overlapping in a confusing way. I would guess that the term is related to the mathematical concept of a tangent, because there the tangent also touches another thing. But I guess I still don't get what the "tangent" is specifically in the second panel.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Huh. I did not know that "tangent" is used in art to mean ... bad... art... things, like two objects overlapping in a confusing way. I would guess that the term is related to the mathematical concept of a tangent, because there the tangent also touches another thing. But I guess I still don't get what the "tangent" is specifically in the second panel.

Her arm is also the divide between the green grass and brown dirt.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

amogus

mods change my name to "pogging templar"

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 2/16/04

Stephen Collins

Brenda Starr 8/25-27/52

Smokey Stover 11/1/59

Everyday Movies 4/2/37

"All right, Mopey, you can wake up now, the lady who stood in front of you is getting off at this station."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 2/22-24/43

Closer Than We Think! 11/1/59

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Peanuts (February 19, 1977)

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Li'l Abner (November 14-16, 1935)

Thimble Theater (September 21, 1940, timg'd for that one negative Romani reference. You know the one.)

Out Our Way (January 10-12, 1944)

In case you're curious.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Oct. 22, 1961)

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!
Alimann sees Val and joyfully punches his ticket to to the dead bastard cemetery.

I'm guessing the horsemen are the enraged oasis villagers and that after a brief misunderstanding, Val joins forces with them to sack the hill fort in a tricky manner.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

THORN, February 17-22, 1984

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Flash Gordon

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Billy's crimes are finally catching up to him and he's being arrested.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Billy's crimes are finally catching up to him and he's being arrested.

Unfortunately, the only defense he can present in court is that it was "Not Me". (If he takes the stand, he might further emphasize that "Ida Know" who actually did it.)

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

New Flash is so, so good

davidspackage posted:

It's a tried and true joke in Luann to have the characters act oblivious and zany when someone (Piro, Gunther, Tiffany, Bets) is upset or having a hard time, and it never fails to make the other characters look like the worst kind of assholes.

Well, you see, when your friend tells you they need some space, they don't really need space, that's just their Grumpy Gus nature telling them they do. So when they say they need time to themselves, or time to think, or that you're smothering them, that's the time to rub yourself all over them even more!

Luann

That said, Piro clearly does have real problems.

Gil Thorp

It took a lot longer for Barajas to get around to this than I expected.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

That said, Piro clearly does have real problems.

He should get together with Star-burns from Community. He might find what he's been missing all this time.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Powered Descent posted:

He should get together with Star-burns from Community. He might find what he's been missing all this time.

He can't, Starburns died when his car was rear-ended and the meth lab in his trunk exploded.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Powered Descent posted:

His name is Alex

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!
Frank and Ernest

(1/26/1994)

(1/27/1994)

Ziggy

(9/7/1971)

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

He can't, Starburns died when his car was rear-ended and the meth lab in his trunk exploded.

Figures that meth would be behind sideburns like that.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Mexikid Stories

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Comic Strips 2024: You've whacked me dicky cartilage!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

:lol:

Cowslips Warren posted:

Nate, you are what, 4th grade? I can't remember why he hates his teacher so much other than She's Authority.

I remember my sophomore or junior year in high school, and I loving hated my English Lit teacher. This was decades before AI, and she wanted every loving essay hand written, double side and spacing, and cursive if we felt like it. No typing. And then we had to physically edit every draft with different colored pens and then rewrite it all before we could type it period. And yes, she wanted every rough draft.

I hated this system, and I told her what a waste of time it was. And one day she either saw I was having a bad day, or she genuinely liked it, but she complimented one of my super gaudy dollar store rings. Had some butterfly with wings on springs so they moved. I was surprised but thanked her.

And I found another ring like it. Wrapped it up in a small box, and last day of school, I gave it to her. We were on better terms then, but what surprised me was that she didn't tease about me trying to get extra credit or comments about how tacky the thing was. She genuinely thanked me for it, and said she knew we had had our differences, but it's a sign of maturity to know sometimes we can disagree but still respect each other.
This is a genuinely lovely story. Thank you.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

you broke my grill posted:

I said nothing would be less exciting than Dr Rex Morgan MD spending a week saying "I can't believe Rene was really Jimmy the whole time" but they accepted my challenge and did two old people deciding to reheat coffee.
It's quite a time to be alive!

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Rolling my eyes so hard they fall off the planet.