Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Anyone else noticed these Charger animations (or lack of)? When I shoot one in the leg, it slides to a stop then suddenly lunges forward at regular speed again with no real visual transition. Half speed makes it more obvious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgurEGPeInk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

nvm what I said earlier, 1.09 dropped an hour after the usual time

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Pops Mgee posted:

The game let me name my ship “Pride of Pride”
This dumb game rules.

I was gonna name mine "Dawn of Dawn" but then I went with "Dawn of Midnight" instead

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I think they should make it so small arms fire can remove plates from armored enemies similar to deeprock, even if you aren't doing damage it won't be a total waste if it exposes a weak spot.

That and remove like 1 layer of plate from the backside of the charger so that shooting it in the butt is the good and correct thing to do like my gamer instincts tell me, also much like a deeprock praetorian.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Feb 17, 2024

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Nordick posted:

I was gonna name mine "Dawn of Dawn" but then I went with "Dawn of Midnight" instead

So your ship is just a Terminator eh?

Report to the nearest Democracy Officer for re-education robo-commie.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

nvm what I said earlier, 1.09 dropped an hour after the usual time

quote:

🛠️ PATCH 01.000.009 (PC & PS5)

Helldivers, we have prepared a patch for today. This one continues the focus on stability and matchmaking. We are separately working on the server issues that we’re facing at the moment. We know this is the highest urgency for most players and we treat them very seriously.

🔧 Fixes
The following issues have been fixed for this version:

STABILITY/CRASHES
Fixed a crash during extraction cutscene relating to text to speech.
Fixed a crash happening during extraction in search and destroy missions after consecutive multiplayer missions.
Fixed a crash when getting disconnected during the joining cutscene.
Fixed a crash while shooting from the 'SMG-37 Defender' in ADS mode.
Fixed a crash that rarely occurs relating to surface data for footstep effects.
Fixed a rare crash relating to identical particle effects playing.
Fixed a crash that could occur in relation to accepting an invite.

MATCHMAKING
Fixed an issue that caused us to send invalid data to multiplayer services.
Improved lobby sorting to increase chance of connectivity.

BALANCE & OTHER FIXES
Defend event difficulty has been reduced.
Fix for Suicide, Impossible and Helldive missions being too easy.
Horde Mode difficulty Increased.
Horde mode timer has been increased to 15 minutes.
Updated Mission End screen to display Experience and Requisition multiplier.
Issue where multiple of the same stratagems could be brought to a mission has been resolved.

🧠 Known Issues
Listed below are significant issues that are being worked on and were either introduced by this patch or are from a previous version and have not yet been fixed.
Backend issues during high load are improved but still persist, issues include:
Login rate limiting when many are logging in at the same time.
Players can become disconnected during play.
Rewards and other progress may be delayed or not attributed.
Various UI issues may appear when the game interacts with servers.
Pick-up of certain objects in-game may cause characters to freeze in place for an extended period of time.
Other unknown behaviors may occur.
Japanese VO is missing from intro cutscene and Ship TV.
Armor values for light/medium/heavy armor do currently not function as intended.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Homeless Friend posted:

Defend event difficulty has been reduced.
Fix for Suicide, Impossible and Helldive missions being too easy.
Horde Mode difficulty Increased.
Horde mode timer has been increased to 15 minutes.
Updated Mission End screen to display Experience and Requisition multiplier.
Issue where multiple of the same stratagems could be brought to a mission has been resolved.

Heh this is exactly what I was just whinging about. Landed in another squad farming these broken defence missions so I politely informed them there's a hot new patch

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

I think they accidentally deleted the multiplayer

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

What the hell is horde mode

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

wow this game owns! I'm playing on ps5 and want to bind push to talk to a button, so I have to unbind something else. only problem is I can't unbind actions, so now whenever I push to talk my goon also stands there doing a stupid emote. anyone know how to unbind?

also, I set it so the aim mode isn't stored, but it seems to ignore the setting and always aims scoped if I aimed scoped before

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
The game's certainly stable now

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

bandaid.friend posted:

The game's certainly stable now

the trick was to remove all the players, ez

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lmao, yeaaaah

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i think someone out there was asking about offline play? now's your chance big guy!

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Bland posted:

What the hell is horde mode

I think its the missions where youre on a tiny map and the only objective is "kill x dudes"

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

One thing I absolutely love in the game is how much detail went into the bugs' animations. When they take a bit hit, they do that Starship Troopers thing of stumbling awkwardly, and it seems they also can go into state of being almost but not quite dead. Yesterday I got murdered by a Stalker who I thought was dead, but I guess was still crawling towards me and then loving smoked me from the side.

Game owns and is so good I gladly bought the Super Citizen upgrade on top of my review copy.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

i think someone out there was asking about offline play? now's your chance big guy!

Playing solo at low levels is mostly just running the gently caress away from the giant horde of bugs that want to forcibly remove my character's spine through their eyeholes. I managed to finish a kill mission then died in a pile of bugs and my own grenades.
PS: The smg is really not good, that thing eats ammo like crazy.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

One thing I absolutely love in the game is how much detail went into the bugs' animations. When they take a bit hit, they do that Starship Troopers thing of stumbling awkwardly, and it seems they also can go into state of being almost but not quite dead. Yesterday I got murdered by a Stalker who I thought was dead, but I guess was still crawling towards me and then loving smoked me from the side.

I dove to prone to dodge one of those bug Brood Commanders, but it just charged on top of me. I kept unloading my gun on its underside, but it killed me.
When I got back with my reinforcement, the bug was missing all the legs on its left side and was basically just writhing feebly on top of my previous dude's remains, and died to a single shotgun blast.

Game owns.

EDIT:
Owned by game.
\/

Nordick fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Feb 17, 2024

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Okay then

https://i.imgur.com/BTQSrdQ.mp4

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Game owns and is so good I gladly bought the Super Citizen upgrade on top of my review copy.

Yeah, an insane amount of work and love went into the bugs. The robots are pretty good but the bugs are scary good. Losing armor and limbs feels almost natural to them.

DreadUnknown posted:

Playing solo at low levels is mostly just running the gently caress away from the giant horde of bugs that want to forcibly remove my character's spine through their eyeholes. I managed to finish a kill mission then died in a pile of bugs and my own grenades.
PS: The smg is really not good, that thing eats ammo like crazy.

The first pistol SMG I found better than the starter pistol...which isn't amazing but it puts out a lot of damage quickly and seemed fairly good in short bursts against the robits: the spray was amazing at finding weak spots to murder. Tried the supporter pack revolver and it's great against the bugs but too many of my shots would ricochet off of the terminators: the ones that didn't did massive damage but every shot counts with a revolver. Meanwhile machine pistol go BZZT.

The first primary SMG I tried and fell in love with: same ammo and mag count as the starting gun but slower firing and more damage per bullet. Great against the bugs. Solid against robots but...I also unlocked the Breaker shotgun and that just vaporizes robots.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol the smoke sacks, if shot, are physics explosions

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
you can just pop a stim then use them as a conc jump if you're in real deep poo poo

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Even with the fix, it's still really easy to cheese Horde mode by having everybody bring a bunch of mortar/rocket/autocannon turrets. If anything, the boost to difficulty that came with the patch just means that you finish faster since more bots spawn in.

Oh well, means there's an easy medal farm in between the other missions.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

This is the first game besides Spelunky where I get the feeling of dying to Rube Goldberg mechanics.

Here's a good clip from reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/comments/1arpfoe/felt_like_a_rat_picked_up_by_an_eagle/
https://i.imgur.com/Tvlebgb.mp4

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Feb 17, 2024

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Why can't I stim when my health is full, I just want to refill my stamina sometimes or use it -before- I'm about to be coated in acid or fire (especially with super stim armor)

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Diephoon posted:

This is the first game besides Spelunky where I get the feeling of dying to Rube Goldberg mechanics.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/comments/1arpfoe/felt_like_a_rat_picked_up_by_an_eagle/

Yeah, the more time I spend around Dropships, the more looney tunes they start to feel. A couple of us got hit by them (and lived!) this morning while doing horde missions: getting up afterwards felt like the equivalent of dragging yourself out of a hole after having been flattened into a pancake.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Feb 17, 2024

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

had a great dif 6 bug mission where the host was some level 10 dude and me and some other 30+ guy joined.

Within 1 minute, the level 10 dude died once to an Eagle, typed some choice words, and ragequit

So me and the other diver stepped up and did the whole drat map ourselves. Side objectives, bug holes, the works.

We were both extremely on point the whole game. Im talking reinforces less than 3 seconds after one of us died. Actually stimming each other.

Total democratic victory. Was amazing.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm convinced that a lot of people are playing this game with a bad attitude and not taking to heart that each dude is a new hell popsicle.

I saw someone post that the voice changing when a new helldiver came in (specifically female) was immersion breaking.

E: the game should really track some stats for your top 10 helldivers by time alive and objectives achieved or something. Would be pretty funny to have a record of the greatest ever diver who loved for 28 minutes and paved the way for some serious ore mining.

JBP fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Feb 17, 2024

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7336042089639300398

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Also lol that they said 150% bonus xp/req and it's an actual 150% bonus on top of what you get for the mission. It actually feels a bit stupid I've unlocked so many strats.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Diephoon posted:

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010
This game is going to be incredible when patches stop alternating between doing nothing and disabling multiplayer.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

batteries! posted:

This game is going to be incredible when patches stop alternating between doing nothing and disabling multiplayer.

Patches will no do nothing but disable multiplayer, I hope you're happy.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Multiplayer is a foul Communist Robot lie.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Oh man that was clo-

https://i.imgur.com/u3G1VDA.mp4

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I think they should fix it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Is there any way to go back to solo play after hosting a mission other than either kicking everyone out manually or closing and reopening the game?

Schnitzler
Jul 28, 2006
Toilet Rascal
Played a solo game just now, patch seems to have added another issue for me. I have direction inputs for stratagems/consoles set to my movement keys, which still works for stratagems. When using consoles, however, moving is no longer disabled, so when I press a button I move away from the console, aborting the input. Not as annoying as disabling multiplayer, granted, but still pretty annoying.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

CuddleCryptid posted:

Is there any way to go back to solo play after hosting a mission other than either kicking everyone out manually or closing and reopening the game?

Crank up the difficulty and let God sort em out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Schnitzler posted:

Played a solo game just now, patch seems to have added another issue for me. I have direction inputs for stratagems/consoles set to my movement keys, which still works for stratagems. When using consoles, however, moving is no longer disabled, so when I press a button I move away from the console, aborting the input. Not as annoying as disabling multiplayer, granted, but still pretty annoying.

I highly recommend rebinding the inputs to arrow keys so you can move while doing stratagems.