Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

kiimo posted:

I've always thought the fantastic four's story kind of sucked. Characters kind of suck. So the movies kind of sucking didn't surprise me.

From the poster it looks like the 60s theme will be a big thing, so perhaps they're doing a story more about the time period sensibilities around heroics and maybe a 1960s optimism vs 2020s gritty thing. Which gives a story and hook that the other movies didn't have to work with, at least. And integrates with the whole slightly too wholesome-family thing of the F4.

(My immediate guess is that the same accident that gives them powers on their space mission also involves them being stuck in time dilation for 60 years. But who knows, maybe it'll just be entirely set in the 60s. I kinda doubt that though?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
johnny storm is going to say something really racist and get cancelled when they get to the 2020s

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They shoulda had Chris Evans as Johnny again and just never acknowledged it

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The trailer for this was terrible.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Those posters are making me flash back to the ‘98 Lost in Space.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
... but spiders don't sting?

gregday
May 23, 2003

Tagline really should have been:

Every move you make… it’ll be watching you

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

lol

A pet, perhaps?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

gregday posted:

Tagline really should have been:

Every move you make… it’ll be watching you

spider sting
spider sting
sings everything that a sting can sing

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Surfer Sting or Crow Sting?

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
I was fixing the posters on my media server and realized that Pacino's "And Justice For All" seems to have only had posters/cover art

Boring

Blurry scene from the film

"My cousin's kid is great at photoshop" for the DVD release

Which is built from the face used in yet another bad poster:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The theatrical adaption of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEPcxs5IIJI

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
It's actually an edited down compilation film of the Kizumonogatari film trilogy. A story where bad poo poo goes down in a subway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_bIXELPOPo

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Are the films worth watching, or should I just wait for this compilation film? It sounds like a death and rebirth of evangelion thing

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Are the films worth watching, or should I just wait for this compilation film? It sounds like a death and rebirth of evangelion thing

Unfortunately I haven't seen the Kizumonogatari movies yet. But I have to assume if you're Monogatari fan you aren't going to want less of anything.

What's odd is that the combined runtime of the original movie trilogy is only 216 minutes, while Koyomi Vamp is 144 minutes. Which simultaneously isn't that much of a time savings over the original, and is over an hour cut from what is traditionally an extremely dense franchise.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

... but spiders don't sting?

Thank you!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I would like them to be friends, actually

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

its a volleyball rivalry match and the team mascots are a crow and a cat

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

feedmyleg posted:

they are

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

scary ghost dog posted:

its a volleyball rivalry match and the team mascots are a crow and a cat

That's much less interesting

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

RBA Starblade posted:

That's much less interesting

No you’re wrong it’s really good

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
No, I can assure you that the movie in my head where the crow and the cat are fighting over territory in a futuristic junkyard after humanity has gone extinct only to slowly become friends is a much better movie

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

feedmyleg posted:

No, I can assure you that the movie in my head where the crow and the cat are fighting over territory in a futuristic junkyard after humanity has gone extinct only to slowly become friends is a much better movie

It’s only part of the movie, but you might be interested in The Cat (1992).

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

feedmyleg posted:

If you ever watch Haikyuu you will understand that you are incorrect.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

District 10 lookin weird

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CelticPredator posted:

District 10 lookin weird

I mean, not far off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9IDSs2ASXs

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

They got the look of things it seems.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Looks very Suicide Squad-ish

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
goddamn Jack Black got ripped

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

ruddiger posted:

I was thinking Guardians of the Galaxy.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Altho Kevin Hart is just gonna ruin it - dude just doesn't work unless hes working with The Rock.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

ruddiger posted:

But at least this time the colors on the poster are probably gonna be in the movie.

I don't hate the casting, but why have all the characters been aged up fifteen years?

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Feb 20, 2024

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

They got the look of things it seems.

weirdest mishmash of actors and also reaaaaally white

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gripweed posted:

goddamn Jack Black got ripped

Jack Black is voicing the robot