Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Plant MONSTER. posted:

It's probably the most tiring thing on this planet imo. Just let me be autistic at work!

Normally I'd agree (for my own sake) but considering how Tohru can be when he's allowed to be himself, maybe it's a good thing he's forced to act in a socially-acceptable way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

The Daily Life Of A Certain NEET: Just let me be autistic at work!

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Blaze Dragon posted:

Normally I'd agree (for my own sake) but considering how Tohru can be when he's allowed to be himself, maybe it's a good thing he's forced to act in a socially-acceptable way.
I think he was being himself, and relatively well-adjusted, previously at his workplace in this timeline. It's just now he's forced to do teambuilding poo poo with new people and is gonna be some kind of team lead.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Elukka posted:

Spending a lot of mental effort masking to appear socially normal and passable, I'm guessing.

I presume he also did a bit of instructing and introducing this and that to the new workers off-camera.

Edit: Improved the translation

Brother Make fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 15, 2024

pyknosis
Nov 23, 2007

Young Orc
Talking to people is honestly the worst

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

pyknosis posted:

Talking to people is honestly the worst

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

:same:

EdgyCoffeeMug
Jan 11, 2019

Finally it's now raising some points on why being NEET is actually a good thing

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
throw the investigation into disarray, Tohru!

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

666 in the id, page 666?! :eek:

Hail satan

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I don't think that's one of the cops we've met so far. Maybe a reporter?

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

SavageMessiah posted:

666 in the id, page 666?! :eek:

Hail satan

Holy poo poo. I didn't even notice that. :monocle:

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Toru21-666... on page 666??

e;fb

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
サタンを称えて

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
what a special day : )

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

It's the Shinto page!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Vic posted:

It's the Shinto page!

so thats where they got the krull glaive from

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

I slightly improved the translation in the last panel.

Vic posted:

It's the Shinto page!

⛩️

Mackerel Cornflake posted:

Holy poo poo. I didn't even notice that. :monocle:

I saw that but thought I was on 10 posts per page per my main account so I didn't say anything, haha. Great to see the thread has actually made this great milestone! And what an amazing coincidence timing with that panel. :monocle: All according to keikaku. :hmmyes:

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
There is no way that "It's fine if they think I'm pooping, isn't it?" doesn't become the thread title.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Plant MONSTER. posted:

There is no way that "It's fine if they think I'm pooping, isn't it?" doesn't become the thread title.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

There is no way that "There is no way that 'It's fine if they think I'm pooping, isn't it?' doesn't become the thread title." doesn't become the thread title.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Is "you were in there so long, what were you doing, taking a poo poo lol?" a thing among Japanese kids?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Moon Slayer posted:

Is "you were in there so long, what were you doing, taking a poo poo lol?" a thing among Japanese kids?

I've heard it when I was a kid in NJ, so there's that. Kids will make fun of other kids for almost anything, I wouldn't be surprised if it is

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Plant MONSTER. posted:

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

pnumoman posted:

I've heard it when I was a kid in NJ, so there's that. Kids will make fun of other kids for almost anything, I wouldn't be surprised if it is

"Did you drop inside the toilet?" would be the go-to phrase when someone took a long time in the restroom in my finnish school years

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
Lol if Tohru picks up a new stupid nickname

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

The Alchemist posted:

"Did you drop inside the toilet?" would be the go-to phrase when someone took a long time in the restroom in my finnish school years

We had the same thing in slovakia along with "do you need scissors?"

I wish some popular kid would normalize pooping my school. Also denormalize the weird pee over everything in the boys bathrooms sessions. The place was hazy with piss!

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Incidentally, once my Japanese textbook in university taught us about how Japanese women would constantly flush the toilet while they're on it to drown out any noises, so they started adding sound devices to toilets that would play the sound of flushing or just music to save water. Funnily, after reading that article I started getting self-conscious myself. :doh:
Germany also had some talking toilet shenanigans as well, but for a different reason.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
One time in my early 20's I worked a retail job for a bit. Orientation was at this separate little hr facility place they had. Pretty much right at the start of it I needed the bathroom bad. I had drank a fair bit the night before and had some fast food earlier in the day. there were sounds and they were loud. The bathroom was right off of the room we were meeting in. At the time I hoped it didn't project outside too much but later someone else used the bathroom and I realized from the sounds of them flushing the toilet and washing their hands just how clearly you could hear everything going on in that bathroom. and I was mortified

luckily I was the only one getting hired at my store at the time so I didn't have to work with anyone who had borne witness

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

Revins posted:

One time in my early 20's I worked a retail job for a bit. Orientation was at this separate little hr facility place they had. Pretty much right at the start of it I needed the bathroom bad. I had drank a fair bit the night before and had some fast food earlier in the day. there were sounds and they were loud. The bathroom was right off of the room we were meeting in. At the time I hoped it didn't project outside too much but later someone else used the bathroom and I realized from the sounds of them flushing the toilet and washing their hands just how clearly you could hear everything going on in that bathroom. and I was mortified

luckily I was the only one getting hired at my store at the time so I didn't have to work with anyone who had borne witness

On one hand I guarantee that there isn't a single person on Earth who cares about that moment the same way that you do and it's just a fun memory.

On the other hand, LOL good job making GBS threads, dumbo

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Chrispurple posted:

On one hand I guarantee that there isn't a single person on Earth who cares about that moment the same way that you do and it's just a fun memory.

On the other hand, LOL good job making GBS threads, dumbo

It's this

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
There were flushing sound machines in the office bathroom where I worked in both Nagoya and Tokyo. I liked to press them even though I was the only person in there

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
I vaguely remember that the brand name of one of those machines was “Princess Melody II”.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Brother Make posted:

Germany also had some talking toilet shenanigans as well, but for a different reason.
Yeah, in Germany they all say, "Mehr..."

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Someone named Momotarou running for office would be like someone named Arthur Pendragon standing for Parliment in the UK.