Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

22 surgeries in 45 days wtffffffff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Future Met

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Intruder posted:

Future Met

The Mets would have recommended zero surgeries and just told him to walk it off after a cortisone shot.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Sydin posted:

The Mets would have recommended zero surgeries and just told him to walk it off after a cortisone shot.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

euphronius posted:

Anyone have a scouting report on Whit Merrifield

name sounds like he from the shire

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Soul Glo posted:

Shire! Boegarts!

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Soul Glo posted:

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Shire! Boegarts!

Just when I think the thread couldn't get any better.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/Yankees/status/1758953981034795330

"please don't be poo poo please don't be poo poo please don't be poo poo"

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

euphronius posted:

Anyone have a scouting report on Whit Merrifield

As a Royals fan who watched him for years: gently caress Whit Merrifield.

(His exit from KC was... messy)

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Intruder posted:

https://twitter.com/zachleft/status/1758269711295668469

what a disaster the whole fanatics thing already is

Mariners beat writer Ryan Divish said there are Canadian slow pitch leagues that have better quality uniforms.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Lmao them jerseys

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
lol what in the goddamn, what year is it again?

https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/1758972211333865670

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Any team is lucky to have him

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

panda looking svelte

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDP_wQI3HMo

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Sydin posted:

OK so the whole Baseball United thing is just not real then? Unsurprising, but still.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

There's a new Baseball Bits about the importance of the count and the mystery of why Jameson Taillon sucks when he starts with an 0-1 count as often as Max Scherzer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y84765tWGo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

BSOHL ALERT

https://twitter.com/dohyoungpark/status/1758864269792166238

I guess he had surgery to remove the Plicae in his right knee last fall after the playoffs. I have no idea what that is but supposedly it's what kept causing his tendonitis and inflammation last year.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
In the background lurking just out of focus... an outfield wall

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Sydin posted:

non-roster deal meaning... bench coach?

he could be the new don zimmer

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/morsecode/status/1759244518593814953

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

There's a new Baseball Bits about the importance of the count and the mystery of why Jameson Taillon sucks when he starts with an 0-1 count as often as Max Scherzer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y84765tWGo

this is a great video but you REALLY need to be prepared to confront the deepest mystery of the universe (why Taillon sucks so bad after getting to a 0-1 count as often as Mad Max)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I'm calling bullshit on this. Unless you count all the players in camp and not just the 26 man roster? I guess if you have 80 players and they each eat 4 eggs a day that is 360?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I remember reading about how Julio Franco ate two dozen egg whites every day. Just the whites, he threw away the yolks.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

I remember reading about how Julio Franco ate two dozen egg whites every day. Just the whites, he threw away the yolks.

Pro athletes believe all kinds of really stupid poo poo about nutrition.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Pro athletes eat a ton while training.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Remember that one year the entire Mets clubhouse was eating nothing but the "bowl of doom" that was like 3lbs of venison, bacon and avocado, raved about how great it was for building muscle, and then a bunch of them got hurt with muscle strains?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
legends about the appetites of baseball players in particular are their own subgenre, remember reading the hall of shame books about them. Dwight Gooden was renowned, can’t find some of the stories but an offhand one from an SI article

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

just make sure what you're eating isn't wings and beer, that never works out

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

When I was a real l'il Facepalmer, my grandparents would hire hay crews in the summer and the rule of thumb was every five of them would need a loaf of bread, a chicken, and a pie, plus some other sides for lunch and they would usually be able to clear the table no problem. I can't even imagine how much a pro team would be able to put down, but I bet a college football team would be absolutely insane.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sydin posted:

Remember that one year the entire Mets clubhouse was eating nothing but the "bowl of doom" that was like 3lbs of venison, bacon and avocado, raved about how great it was for building muscle, and then a bunch of them got hurt with muscle strains?

Did they all strain their poop muscles?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
minnesota twins eat the eggs

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Pro athletes believe all kinds of really stupid poo poo about nutrition.
Eating egg whites and not yokes is not some wild baseless thing that pro atheletes do because they "believe really stupid poo poo about nutrition"

If you are trying to hit a protein goal without surpassing a caloric target, i.e. you are building and maintaining muscle without adding fat, egg whites are a great source of protein. You can even get cartons of liquid egg white from the grocery store or costco.

In the pantheon of "weird poo poo baseball players eat or think about food" eating egg whites is extremely dull and normie

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Whose gonna set a new cheese steak record this year?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Only the best can sustain off only hot dogs and beer.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Dameius posted:

Whose gonna set a new cheese steak record this year?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Just think about how terribly a Fanatics belt would do against Panda, the old good-quality ones weren't even up to the task.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Inspector_666 posted:

Just think about how terribly a Fanatics belt would do against Panda, the old good-quality ones weren't even up to the task.

The belt buckle would fly into the stands like a pulled foul ball

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

He'll take the team record on his own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

bawfuls posted:

Eating egg whites and not yokes is not some wild baseless thing that pro atheletes do because they "believe really stupid poo poo about nutrition"

If you are trying to hit a protein goal without surpassing a caloric target, i.e. you are building and maintaining muscle without adding fat, egg whites are a great source of protein. You can even get cartons of liquid egg white from the grocery store or costco.

In the pantheon of "weird poo poo baseball players eat or think about food" eating egg whites is extremely dull and normie

Plus I think it eliminates a lot of cholesterol from the egg, which is mostly in the yolk I think? Egg whites are delicious though and I'm a fat goon, not a pro athlete.