Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Niwrad posted:

The Falcons have issues but are still a much better franchise than the Bears.

?????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Enjoyed these Simpsons clips summarizing each team's season:

Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings

edit: a few bonus division-relevant teams

Carolina Panthers
Dallas Cowboys
Los Angeles Rams
New York Jets

surf rock fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Feb 17, 2024

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh man, the Commanders is inspired.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

This is probably more accurate to Bears fans. With one of the Monkeys being Fields supporters, and the other being people who want Caleb or Maye.

As at this point I don't think Bears fans really really give much of a poo poo about what other divisional teams think and are too busy sniping at each other over poo poo, and doom spiraling.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I definitely think the monkey knife fight clip with the rest of the division's logos on the bettors was the way to go for the Bears.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Looks like we're about to see The Haul

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

HootTheOwl posted:

Yeah, seeing a lot of Chicago Insiders and some close contacts tweeting out eyeballs.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
If after everything the bears trade out making this pointless it would be really funny

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Yeah, seeing a lot of Chicago Insiders and some close contacts tweeting out eyeballs.

link?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HootTheOwl posted:

I still don't think there's any way the Bears trade the first overall pick before the scouting combine and players' pro days, and that's still like two or three weeks away.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Timby posted:

I still don't think there's any way the Bears trade the first overall pick before the scouting combine and players' pro days, and that's still like two or three weeks away.

Reports are they've already gotten a ton of offers.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Sataere posted:

Reports are they've already gotten a ton of offers.

Reports from whom, though?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Timby posted:

Reports from whom, though?

Colin Cowherd said they've already had five teams make trade offers

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’d imagine that’s the kind of thing any sane GM would be bragging to pressies about

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Sataere posted:

Colin Cowherd said they've already had five teams make trade offers

And Cowherd has never made stuff up out of whole cloth.

That's as silly as Cris Collinsworth babbling on Sunday Night Football that Fields had stuff to learn from Tyson Bagent.

I mean, you have a few weeks before you actually get to work these guys out yourselves, interview them, get a feel for them and how they might fit. That's when you start taking offers.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Getting offers isn’t exactly some indication they’re going to trade it. It just means teams are interested, and it’s in the Bears best interest to publicize that a lot of teams are interested in trading up.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
It took a while, but I've come firmly to the position that I want the Bears to trade the pick as long as it means they're sticking with Justin Fields.

The Bears with a good roster but a bad-to-middling quarterback is what I've grown accustomed to for literally my entire life, and I'd rather not change that now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think the Bears should try to win back the marketplace with a more competitive business model.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I don't think it's far fetched that teams are making offers for the #1 pick where a potential generational QB is available.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Timby posted:

And Cowherd has never made stuff up out of whole cloth.

That's as silly as Cris Collinsworth babbling on Sunday Night Football that Fields had stuff to learn from Tyson Bagent.

I mean, you have a few weeks before you actually get to work these guys out yourselves, interview them, get a feel for them and how they might fit. That's when you start taking offers.

I think you are selling Cowherd short. He has connections and considering people are calling Caleb generational, it seems reasonable. And offers don't mean a trade is happening, just that there is interest, which any knowledgeable football fan already assumes.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The Falcons have been a much more successful franchise than the Bears over the past few decades.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

My thoughts are that Poles would draft Caleb. He understands the value of a QB on a rookie deal. That Caleb is potentially that generational talent.

The issue is whether the ownership will allow him to do that. The stuff Kevin Warren said about Fields makes me very nervous.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Five playoff appearances for the bears in twenty years versus seven for Atlanta. Both lost a super bowl, both lost a championship game.

A little more successful but not wildly so.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I’d imagine that’s the kind of thing any sane GM would be bragging to pressies about

Poles hasn't talked to the media yet. When he does, he might. One thing I'll give Poles credit for is he knows how to navigate the media. I think you only brag about it if you plan on trading it. He did talk about the trade value last year and how a deal was imminent and traded the pick a week later. If he says the same thing at the combine, I think teams will take him very seriously

Niwrad posted:

My thoughts are that Poles would draft Caleb. He understands the value of a QB on a rookie deal. That Caleb is potentially that generational talent.

The issue is whether the ownership will allow him to do that. The stuff Kevin Warren said about Fields makes me very nervous.

If you plan on drafting Caleb, you still want to maximize Fields value.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

brugroffil posted:

Five playoff appearances for the bears in twenty years versus seven for Atlanta. Both lost a super bowl, both lost a championship game.

A little more successful but not wildly so.

Expand it to 25 years and Atlanta has another SB and conference champ loss.

And frankly I think we can all agree that the late 90s were only a bit over a decade ago.

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Feb 17, 2024

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I meant Poles himself is leaking to the twitter journos 👀 stuff so it’s out there, not that he’s had a presser like “wow guys so many great offers”

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/itzzSKL/status/1758978669911957971?s=20

E: The piss is hot.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
figures, we have what feels like the first real winter day on a sunday, and no football :(

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

20 Blunts posted:

figures, we have what feels like the first real winter day on a sunday, and no football :(

This was the first day that “aww no more football” really hit me

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
https://x.com/coxsports1/status/1759614565103333612?s=46&t=3bRAS8rH63t1Hw7nhc27QA

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

I would like to thank the Lord Almighty that I will never experience this type of QB Drama as a Packers fan.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
What is the follow up to that for us non-twitter havers?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
WHAT'RE YOUR RUNNING FROM, JUSTIN? THE TRUTH?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

fishing with the fam posted:

What is the follow up to that for us non-twitter havers?

quote:

Justin Fields is a southern gentleman who shares our midwestern values and knows how to handle the pressures of being a quarterback in Chicago.

Caleb Williams is a Washington D.C. elite pushing profanity and obesity on our children.

The Chicago Bears need to bring back Justin Fields for 2024!

quote:

Caleb Williams is a meat-eating, red-blooded, All-American quarterback

Justin Fields was a vegan who runs away when the pressure is on

The Chicago Bears need a HeisMAN, not a HeisBOY

The Chicago Bears need to draft Caleb Williams!

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Okay, I laughed at HeisMAN/HeisBOY. I am an easy mark.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

fishing with the fam posted:

Okay, I laughed at HeisMAN/HeisBOY. I am an easy mark.

lol huge same

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I would like to thank the Lord Almighty that I will never experience this type of QB Drama as a Packers fan.

I hope i get to see the packers deal with some bullshit, bad teams, and a bad qb in my lifetime. I somehow doubt i will, but there is a chance.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

ZombieCrew posted:

I hope i get to see the packers deal with some bullshit, bad teams, and a bad qb in my lifetime. I somehow doubt i will, but there is a chance.

They have had bad teams to be fair

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

CharlestheHammer posted:

They have had bad teams to be fair

2005, 2008, the year they went 8-7-1 and still won the North, 2017, 2018, and 2022…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Long suffering packers fans