Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I know I shouldn't get it but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Buck Wildman posted:

Yup lol

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

it might also have the best micro transaction system in modern games because it's completely pointless, all it unlocks are cosmetics and worthless guns

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Bro Dad posted:

it might also have the best micro transaction system in modern games because it's completely pointless, all it unlocks are cosmetics and worthless guns

And also you can get the currency for that stuff by just playing the dang game.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

god dammit

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Yeah it took watching like 2 minutes of the actual combat to understand exactly what it was doing and that I'm seriously interested

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

I like the sense of power progression too, dropping into a difficulty 2/3 squad of struggling pubs as a level 20 makes you feel like a loving superhero

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

are all the folks screaming about the anti-cheat hacking all their gibsons on to something or not really

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Zokari posted:

it's a co-op 3rd person shooter right, why is this one specifically getting so popular

it’s very well put together

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

are all the folks screaming about the anti-cheat hacking all their gibsons on to something or not really

starforce won ages ago. submit gamer

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

starforce won ages ago. submit gamer

ok

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

alright you stupid fuckers one of my friends had already picked it up so I spent that gift card on this poo poo. you better not lead me astray

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
drg is great but in the chill spectrum, leans on quake movement. Tide games are more hardcore like your miyamato mushashi and slicing all comers to ribbons. Helldivers simulates tearing rear end through sons o bitches.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

drg is great but in the chill spectrum, leans on quake movement. Tide games are more hardcore like your miyamato mushashi and slicing all comers to ribbons. Helldivers simulates tearing rear end through sons o bitches.

so warframe with friendly fire?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Y8: I was minding my business when an anime car came screeching around the corner, 4 buff anime people 10 levels above me got out, kicked my rear end in a single round and stole my money :stare:

This happened to me, but I was able to avoid them. The car stopped a ways away from me, I saved, fought them, got owned (despite pulling out all the stops with all my fanciest items), and loaded my save.

Fuckt Tupp posted:

this is a common occurrence in hawaii

This happens in Yokohama though!

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

genericnick posted:

it plays like an extremely slick version of lost planet 2 with big explorable environments but it's secretly a rhythm game

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

genericnick posted:

and air strikes/calldowns. warframe was too fast/floaty in comparison when I played it. maps more open in hd2 too so the higher you go the danger of being pinnned down by unrelenting waves of enemies is higher. sorta have to have some idea of a path.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Ytlaya posted:

This happens in Yokohama though!

this is an even more common occurrence in japan

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Buck Wildman posted:

I said this last weekend and now I've sunk like 30 hours into it and I can't wait to play more

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

1stGear posted:

It also has some of the best video game explosions since the Build engine.

suddenly very interested 👀

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i just got the fleece and portal'd out of hoplite's level 16 for a win but i noticed another staircase on the fleece level. i should go down there next time and ignore the portal probably.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

i just got the fleece and portal'd out of hoplite's level 16 for a win but i noticed another staircase on the fleece level. i should go down there next time and ignore the portal probably.

100% get those cheevos. if you sprang for the paid version you even get new upgrades for them

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i paid 2.99

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

keep up the good work

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I liked the first hell divers

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RandolphCarter posted:

I liked the first hell divers

same. it was like free with plus maybe?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

lol so half the reason the helldiver servers are so hosed is because there's no timeout function so a lot of ps5 users have been running it for days straight

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Why does it have my 3070 running at 87°C on the title screen, which is all I've been able to see of the game so far?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

a very funny intro and then an endless notice that servers are at capacity. YOU FUCKERS

also is there actually no way to get out of this "servers at capacity!" screen than to alt+f4

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

SplitSoul posted:

Why does it have my 3070 running at 87°C on the title screen, which is all I've been able to see of the game so far?

its got what gpu's crave

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

SplitSoul posted:

there's no frame limiter in game but you can set a frame cap with nvidia control panel, it worked wonders for me

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Homeless Friend posted:

its got what gpu's crave

A bitcoin miner?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Buck Wildman posted:

It doesn't matter. You know you gotta have it. It could mine crypto you'd still buy it.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Salt Fish posted:

It doesn't matter. You know you gotta have it. It could mine crypto you'd still buy it.

not really I could take or leave it

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I've learned to sleep on something I feel like I wanna spontaneously buy it's a good habit with games in particular

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Buck Wildman posted:

not really I could take or leave it

I mean "you" like gamers the concept. Not you as in yyou.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

oh well that's a relief

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I don't do multiplayer-only games much but my d&d group hasn't met in months because nobody wants to run a campaign and playing a video game with them would probably be a good idea

Would Enshrouded be good for that? I keep forgetting to look up Enshrouded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

loquacius posted:

I don't do multiplayer-only games much but my d&d group hasn't met in months because nobody wants to run a campaign and playing a video game with them would probably be a good idea

Would Enshrouded be good for that? I keep forgetting to look up Enshrouded

you could try the digital version of gloomhaven