Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
sure am glad its 50% more xp this weekend when i can't even get past the login screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

SplitSoul posted:

I would if I could access the settings.

you do it in nvidia settings, i dont think theres an option in game. i imagine AMD has the same thing

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

Destro posted:

sure am glad its 50% more xp this weekend when i can't even get past the login screen

If you hit the lottery and make it past the login, you have a 1/5 chance of the ingame socials working and joining your friends.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
well at least the shitfest over the login caps give me time to mull over to get this on PC or PS5

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Kly posted:

you do it in nvidia settings, i dont think theres an option in game.

Okay, thanks. I thought that was standard these days, but then I'm also used to being able to launch a game I paid for. :shrug:

Also what's with the 20-step captcha when signing up for PSN?

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i make it past the server cap error after a while and have completed the tutorial, but i'm getting a ctd every time i click on a planet :(

e: updated drivers, reinstalled everything, restarted of course, still broken...

rap music fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Feb 18, 2024

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

queue? what queue?

https://i.imgur.com/7sObzkq.mp4

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

This is a PSA to go set a global FPS cap in Nvidia Control Center.

No sense burning up expensive hardware because some developer forgot to set an FPS cap in a menu or loading screen.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Feb 18, 2024

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

Well im runnin around and dying a lot and having fun but i can't join any quickplay games and nobody is joining mine.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

DRG has been in the same patch for what feels like a year now, Darktide's developers seem to have never returned from vacation, and Helldivers 2 is very difficult to get started at present.

Doggone it can one of these 4-player Hazardous Workplace games just be normal

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
dead games

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Potato Salad posted:

Have you heard of Lethal Company...

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I just wanna play this loving robot bug shooty man game. I had no plans tonight so I could drink and call in napalm strikes.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Just bought the game. Didn't know there were all these issues right now. It says I have to link my Sony and Steam accounts, but on the Sony website I just get an error that something went wrong. Is that related to all the server stuff? Why is there a Skip button on this screen if it says linking the accounts is required?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
It's a log in requirement they suspended for the meantime because it was causing issues at launch

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Inzombiac posted:

I just wanna play this loving robot bug shooty man game. I had no plans tonight so I could drink and call in napalm strikes.

For real though

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Potato Salad posted:

DRG has been in the same patch for what feels like a year now, Darktide's developers seem to have never returned from vacation, and Helldivers 2 is very difficult to get started at present.

darktide is at least partially that company having a weird pipeline, but in the case of DRG it's to a large degree just the simple fact that unless you are the fortnite team cranking out content at an unreasonable pace that totally burns out your many many employees, players will get sick of game content way faster than you can actually make it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol don't use the shotgun against bots. I domed myself like three times lmao

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Finally in and not crashing, looks like quickplay is still hosed but whatever, finally got to do a mission and seems pretty fun so far! Are there any goon groups going or any good way to get in touch with other goons?

Baby T. Love
Aug 5, 2009

JBP posted:

It's got three more shots on it, but once they run out you can't re-up from a supply pod.

You actually get one single shot per supply pod grab, and zero from ammo packs in-world.

whiskey patrol
Feb 26, 2003
games good.

quickplay only seems to work for me from the galaxy map and not individual planets. best way to get a game is still to start it yourself or play with friends.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Yeah, ammo is the main problem with the spear since it starts with only 4 shots total and you only get one per resupply pack. The lockon is also very finicky.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

KingKapalone posted:

Just bought the game. Didn't know there were all these issues right now. It says I have to link my Sony and Steam accounts, but on the Sony website I just get an error that something went wrong. Is that related to all the server stuff? Why is there a Skip button on this screen if it says linking the accounts is required?

You don't need to link your accounts. I skipped it just fine even before the servers started pooping themselves

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Rolo posted:

This is going to be the first game that I lose the ability to refund before I get in 1 lobby.

Patience, friend. Your time to defend democracy will come!

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I logged off. You're welcome.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

RBA Starblade posted:

Lol don't use the shotgun against bots. I domed myself like three times lmao

like, from ricochets? I pretty much only use the autoshotty and I've never had that, lol. I did get killed by my Liberator drone a bunch, I thought it would be safer than the laser one but uhhh, it aint.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Seems like the pace of the game is you cycle through your strategems whenever you see a big group/big enemy, and your primary/secondary weapon is just for the odd straggler who makes it through. Seems pointless to plunk at a dropship full of murderbots with your gun, but why would you if you have a strategem available. Most of them have a cooldown of a minute or two, might as well orbital strike it.

On that note, I haven't tried any of the eagle strategems. Are they the same as the orbital bombardment stuff, only from airplanes?? I haven't unlocked most of the bombardment strategems still but it kinda seems like a lot of them do pretty much the same thing? The precision orbital strike is pretty good for blowing up robo factories from afar. Don't need to get right up there to toss a grenade in.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Eagle strikes have short CDs between uses, and when they run out, they'll all go on a longer cool down that replenishes every charge. Eagle strikes also tend to land much faster than orbital strikes do. In effect, they're basically better for running battles and clutch moments.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

The Fattest PI posted:

Seems like the pace of the game is you cycle through your strategems whenever you see a big group/big enemy, and your primary/secondary weapon is just for the odd straggler who makes it through. Seems pointless to plunk at a dropship full of murderbots with your gun, but why would you if you have a strategem available. Most of them have a cooldown of a minute or two, might as well orbital strike it.

On that note, I haven't tried any of the eagle strategems. Are they the same as the orbital bombardment stuff, only from airplanes?? I haven't unlocked most of the bombardment strategems still but it kinda seems like a lot of them do pretty much the same thing? The precision orbital strike is pretty good for blowing up robo factories from afar. Don't need to get right up there to toss a grenade in.

Eagles are much faster to arrive, and you have several of them before needing to rearm. The airstrike, cluster and napalm are all good value and are often preferred over the orbitals as they tend to have better effectiveness overall.

That and the ship modules eventually give all eagle strikes +1 ammo which is awesome.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Well the game let me in immediately but there’s no matchmaking happening. Let’s see if I can do a robot mission on easy solo :blastu:

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Everyone was raving about this so I bought it but it either black screens or says the servers are full. Is it like this alot? Better to get a refund before I spend two hrs at a login screen if so

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

flashman posted:

Everyone was raving about this so I bought it but it either black screens or says the servers are full. Is it like this alot? Better to get a refund before I spend two hrs at a login screen if so

The servers are getting brutalized and more every day. Just as many people are getting in as there are who cannot, so it's tough to say.

They're raving about it because it's good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

flashman posted:

It'll get fixed! The devs are working on it. They just didn't anticipate Helldivers 2 exploding in popularity like it did. They built the game as a niche title that would do just well enough, instead its one of the most popular video games right now.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Finally.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

The servers are getting brutalized and more every day. Just as many people are getting in as there are who cannot, so it's tough to say.

They're raving about it because it's good.

So the connection issues might stick around for a while. I think I'll rebuy when the hype dies down if that's the case.

Is there a persistent world or w.e that I'll be missing out on?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

flashman posted:

I've only noticed it happening literally the past 24 hours

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

It's hard to be sour about this because the issue is literally just that Game Too Good. They're scaling up capacity every day, and maxing out that capacity every single time.

Looks like we got access to a new icy automaton world. Our defense progress seems to be building up much faster on these recent worlds so maybe we'll get those 8 done before too long.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I already went through this song and dance when Endwalker dropped so I have no problem waiting a little while longer to get the server issues straightened out.

Also speaking as someone who had to pull some serious overtime recently because of nightmare server issues, I absolutely do not begrudge them for letting their support staff get some loving sleep.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Finally got in, just need to find some goons to play with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

It’d be neat if the defense missions involved some normal SEAF troops as background cannon fodder. Like there could be a mission to help them hold a position, or secure a landing zone for them, or just have them getting mauled so you can wave at them as you run past to grab some samples