Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
were a monoculture now. down with decades. up with forever franchises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Sunk Dunk posted:

is Police Squad! a good show?

it’s one of the funniest tv shows ever made

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

poo poo like this makes me want to see this movie tbh

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

why is adam scott in this horseshit, he should be making more party down for significantly less money

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
The twenty year nostalgia cycle is strictly for lead brain boomers who have had mid level dementia their whole lives. Their dicks already stopped working by 2003 so the cycle doesn't apply then.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Dijkstracula posted:

why is adam scott in this horseshit, he should be making more party down for significantly less money

He cut his teeth in Torque and now he’s ready for the big game

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Cubone posted:

the 10, 15, 20 year etc. nostalgia cycles never works for the bush years because everything that defines them never really went away or was terrible to begin with or both

Yeah the Balkanization of pop culture really began back then, so there aren’t many big nostalgia cash cows to plunder from 20-ish years ago on. Millennials are the absolute last generation with any sort of well defined culture that permeated their childhoods. Gen Z is going to save us from franchise hell.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Castor Poe posted:

They really go out of their way to remind the audience that the movie takes place in 2003 with some insane needle drops. Also, at some point they cut to a giant mural of Beyoncé's first solo record.

Did 9/11 happen in this universe ?

edit:

Someone get Mike on the phone. He's going to want this: https://a.co/d/21aNa85

It's the Picard Legacy Collection. $150 actually isn't a bad price for all that.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Feb 18, 2024

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

edit:

It's the Picard Legacy Collection. $150 actually isn't a bad price for all that.

Lies lies lies

Captain Picard also appears in the first episode of DS9 and it doesn’t include that :argh:

Also insurrection and nemesis are in the wrong order

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I'm really impressed that the movie is set in queens and they still seem to have worked in a "meandering around in the woods" section. excelsior madame webb!

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

edit:

I feel like there are maybe 2500 trekkies left worldwide willing to spend money on poo poo like this

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
$150 just for the Blu-ray’s of TNG sounds like a good deal, everything else can go straight into the trash

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Tighclops posted:

I feel like there are maybe 2500 trekkies left worldwide willing to spend money on poo poo like this

*steps forward out of the crowd*

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

I think i got the blu rays on sale for 80 bux or so a year back. but I'm sure cbs all access presents: picard, and some temu wine glasses make up the difference

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

I think i got the blu rays on sale for 80 bux or so a year back. but I'm sure cbs all access presents: picard, and some temu wine glasses make up the difference

all seven seasons? goddamn I remember it took forever for me to get a complete set of DS9 dvds because each season was like 60 bucks

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Mega64 posted:

I wonder if this is a "Whoopi Goldberg in Theodore Rex" situation where she's having to act against her will.

She said the script was massively rewritten after she signed on.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

all seven seasons? goddamn I remember it took forever for me to get a complete set of DS9 dvds because each season was like 60 bucks

OK I just checked and it was 100 bux but I had a gift card.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLpGs0CJCbw

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Ok I might have to see this movie

God, just when I thought I couldn’t love her any more….

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I assume temu wine glasses have lead in them somehow

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead_glass

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i have missed the 2 most recent mission impossible movies and since i heard they are great action movies, i have decided to do the only sensible thing and start from mission impossible 1 and work my way up. i am currently watching part 3.

rankings so far

1) mi:2 (john woo as all hell and dumb as all hell but i love john woo)
2) mi:3 (not even finished but already better than part 1 might move up rankings when i finish)
3) mi:1

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

M1 was just so offensive as a fan of the tv show.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

sharknado slashfic posted:

Check the photos in the amazon reviews. The loving badges are flat refrigerator magnets lol

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

M1 is the only good actually-a-spy-movie-where-spies-spy spy movie in the series

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
sounds like madame web is pretty bad huh?? reviews on letterboxd are brutal: https://letterboxd.com/film/madame-web/

how do people at sony continue to keep their jobs. they are like 0-5 now

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Sunk Dunk posted:

how do people at sony continue to keep their jobs. they are like 0-5 now

Did they do the spiderman animation ones that made a ton of money and everyone seems to actually like?

If they did, I mean the sony team arn't total failures I guess?

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

dr_rat posted:

Did they do the spiderman animation ones that made a ton of money and everyone seems to actually like?

If they did, I mean the sony team arn't total failures I guess?

i guess with feature animations you cant just throw some legacy artists in front of green screens and locations with tax credits and have them read lines from hack screenwriters and hope to cobble together a semi coherent movie spackled together with reshoots adr and cgi, you gotta actually plan that poo poo

Pen Expers
May 3, 2006

Pillbug
Mission Impossible 2 is one of two movies I've ever walked out of in my entire life, the other being Jeepers Creepers.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
MI 2 kinda sucks but it’s responsible for Hugh Jackman getting the Wolverine role, so I suppose it all worked out in the end.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Dear Amy Pascal:

Just give me $2 Milly. I can genuinely make you a feature film for that. You can sell it to tubi for more than that even if it sucks. Worst case it's a tax write off and we're all back where we started.
I'm deadly serious, it would not be a worse business decision than rereleasing morbius in cinemas.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

it's a writeoff, jerry. they're writing it all off!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

dreezy posted:

i guess with feature animations you cant just throw some legacy artists in front of green screens and locations with tax credits and have them read lines from hack screenwriters and hope to cobble together a semi coherent movie spackled together with reshoots adr and cgi, you gotta actually plan that poo poo

Well yeah ideally with animation you got to plan everything well in advance. But you do still sometimes have bottom tier dreck like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3o2CTDZ4cs

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywaR-Lq_ayk
Which yeah not sure how much planing went into these two. (the story about the hard drive being stolen for foodfight sounds like BS to me.)

(Okay yeah we all know the second one technically isn't an animation, but it's getting very close to being one.)

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

the only food fight I want to see is cobra fighting a piece of pizza with a pair of scissors

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

the only food fight I want to see is cobra fighting a piece of pizza with a pair of scissors

I want to see the movie where he loses that fight. The piece of pizza just ends up going totally to town on Cobra.

That jerk totally would of had it coming.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Crescent Wrench posted:

*steps forward out of the crowd*

There... are 2500 fans

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
for as poo poo as the rest of the movie is, the start of jurassic world fallen kingdom, with the abandoned park at night full of dinos is good

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
I spent £40-50 per series for all the TNG Blu-rays as they were released because I'm an absolute rube so thankfully I won't have to buy this and throw the rest away immediately

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

alamo is playing existenz this week. people itt were posting about it a while ago, is it actually worth seeing in the theater or were you all just trolling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

I love me some Mads Mikkelson and I’ve been wanting to see this for a while, but the theaters playing it near me only had a version with German subtitles. It’s hitting streaming later this month though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H-PcfGlB6I