Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

the holy poopacy posted:

tbf it is on 100% brand for a certain type of shithead to listen to someone describing a normal rear end political campaign and scream COLOR REVOLUTION!!!

There's also a concession on terms here because the original color revoltion was *checks notes* students overthrowing war criminal Slobodan Milošević.

It's tankies getting outraged that international students come to the West and decide that liberal democracy is a million times better than getting a boot in the face, and Eastern Europeans will never be forgiven for deciding they don't want the boot in the face anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

sauer kraut posted:

Oh that's the peak Russian numbers then :shobon:
Not being able to supply a handful of 1000 shells per day is indeed shameful for the NATO alliance.

yes and no. 155mm artillery certainly has its place on the battlefield, but NATO uses airplanes for that sort of thing. Its why theres a difficulty in getting companies to commit to manufacturing more shells - Ukraine (and I guess Russia) are the only people who consume them in massive quantities, and one way or another one side won't be consuming them long enough to justify tooling up new factories.

Which is why its such a big deal for Ukraine to get the F-16: they will have access to the most modern NATO bombs without juryrigging mounts and control computers.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

khwarezm posted:

So lets see how things are going in Musk's twitter concerning Navalny's not-assassination, if you guessed 'He was killed by the CIA', you'd be correct!
https://twitter.com/djuric_zlatko/status/1758565664271262009

Brown Moses gives a bit of background to some of the propaganda talking points going around:
https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/1758768049413320993

Funniest though has got to be Cornell West managing to piss off his own side with a clunky parrallel to other political prisoners:
https://twitter.com/jacksonhinklle/status/1758686190855766312

The usual suspects like David Sacks and Hinkle up there are testing another tactic by suggesting that Gonzalo Lira was also assassinated, and somewhat inadvertantly suggesting that yes, they actually do think Putin killed Navalny:
https://twitter.com/DavidSacks/status/1758579728196485521

loving disgusting, the lot of them.

X.com delenda est.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

Toxic Mental posted:

Navalny was CIA
Putin is CIA
Bernie Sanders is CIA
My Dad who keeps telling me to get a job and move out is CIA
just let me watch hasanabi in peace, gol

When Russia is forced to capitulate on the war and withdraw or Putin dies and the same happens, he will be denounced as a CIA asset.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CeeJee posted:

That's how Russia grinds down defenses. It's a proven way to defeat even the heaviest defenses where all other methods have failed.

Yeah it’s pretty hard to “waste” money on artillery, short of like aiming ata random empty field for no reason. Its a very more=better kind of weapon.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Alchenar posted:

There's also a concession on terms here because the original color revoltion was *checks notes* students overthrowing war criminal Slobodan Milošević.

It's tankies getting outraged that international students come to the West and decide that liberal democracy is a million times better than getting a boot in the face, and Eastern Europeans will never be forgiven for deciding they don't want the boot in the face anymore.

The colour revolutions conspiracy has got to be the most impactful of the 21st century in terms of the chaos its caused.

What I mean is, not that the CIA really is causing these revolutions, but the assumption by parties like the Russians that they are. As far as I know Putin really, truly buys into this idea and its not just a cynical talking point, and it determines his actions towards Ukraine where he thinks the Orange Revolution and Euromaiden Revolution really was entirely astroturfed by the CIA. Like what's amazing is that the assumption that Colour Revolutions really do work that way was then something that Putin himself tried to mobilize to his advantage (curiously ignored by people who talk endlessly about colour revolutions for some reason), that was exactly what they were trying to do in Donbas for years, but it turns out it actually doesn't work very well at all and most revolutions can't be put down to foreign intelligence spooks trying to spread their tentacles by astroturfing a fake movement for democracy.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

khwarezm posted:

The colour revolutions conspiracy has got to be the most impactful of the 21st century in terms of the chaos its caused.

What I mean is, not that the CIA really is causing these revolutions, but the assumption by parties like the Russians that they are. As far as I know Putin really, truly buys into this idea and its not just a cynical talking point, and it determines his actions towards Ukraine where he thinks the Orange Revolution and Euromaiden Revolution really was entirely astroturfed by the CIA. Like what's amazing is that the assumption that Colour Revolutions really do work that way was then something that Putin himself tried to mobilize to his advantage (curiously ignored by people who talk endlessly about colour revolutions for some reason), that was exactly what they were trying to do in Donbas for years, but it turns out it actually doesn't work very well at all and most revolutions can't be put down to foreign intelligence spooks trying to spread their tentacles by astroturfing a fake movement for democracy.

I know this is controversial, but maybe people just don't like Vladmir Putin?

poor waif
Apr 8, 2007
Kaboom

khwarezm posted:

The colour revolution of 1917 worked pretty well for Germany, so they're not completely useless.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

lol at Reddit shredding itself trying to turn Nalvny into posthumous Slavic Obama.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

poor waif posted:

The colour revolution of 1917 worked pretty well for Germany, so they're not completely useless.

French astroturfed Colour Revolution of 1775 saw many true Brits wrongfully torn from their motherland.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

shadow puppet of a posted:

lol at Reddit shredding itself trying to turn Nalvny into posthumous Slavic Obama.

Guess they got tired of suicide squad

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
I noticed that Russia has crossed the 10k pieces of equipment destroyed mark.
https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/attack-on-europe-documenting-equipment.html

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/jurgen_nauditt/status/1759115508014596136
Thank you, Denmark!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Charlz Guybon posted:

I noticed that Russia has crossed the 10k pieces of equipment destroyed mark.
https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/attack-on-europe-documenting-equipment.html

Does this finally unlock the Taurus missiles?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Toxic Mental posted:

Navalny was CIA
Putin is CIA
Bernie Sanders is CIA

Buddy you won't believe this about Hasan...

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1759142020898042165#m

Totally worth it!

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Toxic Mental posted:

Navalny was CIA
Putin is CIA
Bernie Sanders is CIA
Goonswarm is CIA*

* Glen Beck, Sept 21, 2012.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Finnish president elect Alexander Stubb participated in his first international conference, and commented on Ukraine.

Original link: https://www.hs.fi/ulkomaat/art-2000010236309.html
Journalist: Elina Kervinen

quote:

Stubb in Munich: "Russia must be made to answer for yet another political murder."
Finland's president elect Alexander Stubb commented on the outcomes of the Munich security conference on Sunday.

FINLAND'S president elect Alexander Stubb made his first international appearance since his election win when he visited the Munich security conference this weekend. When he met with Finnish and international media, Stubb commented among other things on the need to support Ukraine, and the death of Russian opposition politician Aleksei Navalnyi.

He gave his condolences to Navalnyi's family and friends, and described the moment he heard of the death in Munich as one of those times he'll never forget. "Russia must made to answer for yet another political murder", Stubb said.

Among others, Stubb met Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskyy. According to Stubb, he was invited for a visit to Kiev, and the schedule is being worked out. Stubb assured Zelenskyy that Finland's political, military and economic support to Ukraine will continue. According to Stubb, the presidents also discussed the peace conference, which Switzerland is supposed to host in the near future.

The news from Ukraine have been bad in recent days, including the withdrawal from Avdijivka, and the lack of ammunition. Zelenskyy himself made a reference in his speech on Saturday on how Ukraine is being held in a kind of "artificial" lack of weapons. The USA's support is stuck in congress, which has prompted widespread worry.

Stubb viewed Western support as remaining central, and did not believe the West had failed Ukraine. "If the West had failed to support Ukraine, Ukraine would no longer exist", he said. Stubb also considered it very unlikely that the USA would stop supporting Ukraine regardless of who their next president will be. The costs of this would be too big, he estimated.

When talking about Ukraine's support he also referred to the bilateral security treaties, which Ukraine has now made with Great Britain, France and Germany, and is in the process of signing with other countries as well. He considered it crucial that the United States also sign a similar deal. These deals are intended to guarantee Ukraine's security until they can be made a member of Nato, for example.

"To me it would send a clear message to Putin, that he is going to lose this war."

STUBB stressed that he was present as a professor, and Finland's president is currently Sauli Niinistö. He described his meetings as very unofficial. He is going to participate in the conference closing panel discussion on Sunday. The theme of the discussion is the future of geopolitics.

Stubb's visit in Munich has drawn a lot of attention in Finland, since it is his first public international appearance since being elected President. He will officially start his term after his inauguration on March 1st.

The annual Munich security conference is being organized for the 60th time. Strong themes in the discussion have been transatlantic relations, and the possibility of Donald Trump being re-elected president, as well as the wars in Ukraine and the Middle-East. The conference has drawn in a wide variety of world leaders. Participants include among others US vice president Kamala Harris, US foreign secretary Anthony Blinken, Nato chief secretary Jens Stoltenberg, EU Comission Chair Ursula von der Leyten, and German chancellor Olaf Scholz.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

khwarezm posted:

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
ops sorry seth!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Chicken Butt posted:

X.com delenda est.

You can join truthsocial instead, to complain about "disease X".

Stolen from trumplol thread

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Karate Bastard posted:

You can join truthsocial instead, to complain about "disease X".

Stolen from trumplol thread

"get ivermectin without seeing a doctor" reads a lot like "psst, hey kids, wanna see something cool? dont tell your parents..."

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane

wit posted:

"get ivermectin without seeing a doctor" reads a lot like "psst, hey kids, wanna see something cool? dont tell your parents..."

To be honest, doctors should just prescribe whakos a round of ivermectin treatment if they want it for their covid.

Worst case scenario, they get a human relevant dosage thay is safe.

Best case scenario, it clears up their rosacea or intestinal worms.

I dont get what the bfd is...

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

BrassRoots posted:

To be honest, doctors should just prescribe whakos a round of ivermectin treatment if they want it for their covid.

Worst case scenario, they get a human relevant dosage thay is safe.

Best case scenario, it clears up their rosacea or intestinal worms.

I dont get what the bfd is...

Pharmacies should have free samples like Costco.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1759185293402313134#m

quote:

Dmitry Medvedev 'warns' against attempts to redraw Russia's borders, stating that such efforts would lead to a global war with the use of Russia's entire strategic arsenal on Kyiv, Berlin, London and Washington and other places that are listed as targets already.

"Do these idiots (the West in general) really believe that the people of Russia will swallow such a division of their country?"
MUUUUUUH NOOOOOOOKS

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Arzachel posted:

Sadly, the opposition against despots selects for people most resistant to being poisoned, beaten and imprisoned rather than always having the best views and opinions

They even wrote a song about it.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Wow, you mean sending people into suicide charges heedless of losses makes them angry enough to kill their officers? Only in Russia would refusing to do so be considered a mental illness by worthless propagandists :lol:

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004

I love you, boy. One pack, always.

Lipstick Apathy
https://x.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1758981211660107874?s=20

Sokolov is definitely alive and in fact is now fired. No, you can't see his body.

"The recently-sacked Admiral Viktor Sokolov was reportedly dismissed for ordering the large landing ship Caesar Kunikov to go to sea without a working propulsion system. The Ukrainian sea drone attack on 14 February is said to have ambushed the ship while it was under tow."

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1758795834206887975#m

Completely incomprehensible as to why the survivors would kill their own officers…

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 18, 2024

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Oh, you're against the redrawing of Russia's borders, are you? Oh, then I take it you're going to vocally support the withdrawal of the invading forces from Ukraine then, are you?

Peter Falk
Sep 29, 2023
I saw on Mastodon that Denmark is donating all its artillery, will that have any sort of impact or do small European states really only have enough to partially backfill what’s been lost?

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Denmark has 1 battery of 19 155mm guns, so it's mostly a gesture.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

StoryTime posted:

Denmark has 1 battery of 19 155mm guns, so it's mostly a gesture.

aren't whatever ammunition stocks they have more relevant? I haven't heard anyone talking about tube hunger.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The more the better so I'm sure it's both. You also have to replace the barrels as they wear out. 19 guns isn't going to make much of a difference either way but it's the thought that counts :3:

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Tsyni posted:

Sokolov is definitely alive and in fact is now fired. No, you can't see his body.

"The recently-sacked Admiral Viktor Sokolov was reportedly dismissed for ordering the large landing ship Caesar Kunikov to go to sea without a working propulsion system. The Ukrainian sea drone attack on 14 February is said to have ambushed the ship while it was under tow."

Thats the guy nobody has seen since the cruise missile attack on fleet hq six months ago lol

large hands fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Feb 18, 2024

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

It's a pretty good strategy, I think. Every time you gently caress up, fire a dead guy!

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Speaking of, has Gerasimov reappeared?

Burns
May 10, 2008

beer_war posted:

Speaking of, has Gerasimov reappeared?

I hear that Prighozin recently saw him.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Tsyni posted:

I read half that xeet and wondered how the gently caress does a ship without "working propulsion" go to sea?? And yeah the obvious answer of just towing it with another ship like what the world lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

appropriatemetaphor posted:

I read half that xeet and wondered how the gently caress does a ship without "working propulsion" go to sea?? And yeah the obvious answer of just towing it with another ship like what the world lol

You just let the tides drift it away into the middle of the ocean, obviously.