Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oh god

https://twitter.com/boxdposters/status/1758271531657097216?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

That is an excellent slump at the end of that wall climbing attempt. Dakota Johnson, do more physical comedy.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Some amazing stuff compiled

https://twitter.com/NovaMania17/status/1758555555000455249?s=20

https://twitter.com/NovaMania17/status/1758556561406820375?s=20

https://twitter.com/NovaMania17/status/1758562585006244024?s=20

https://twitter.com/NovaMania17/status/1758567856961093920?s=20

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Feb 17, 2024

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

At the end she is blind and in a wheelchair just like in the comics simply because…..idk, she was underwater for too long, or something. Water do be blinding and crippling people.

Severe anoxia can get you cortical blindness. It's uncommon but not unheard of.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

She gets hit in the face by a firework, that's what blinds her.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
She grew 10 extra eyes like a spider but her regular human brain can't process all the signals

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

this was one of the worst movies i've ever seen, the main villain gives all lines in a stupid voice and they all sound ADR'd. I honestly don't know what that guy was thinking or what he director was thinking. Its shot like a CW TV show. There's a line the villain says "Your mother undestimated me!" which makes absolutely zero sense. She hired him as a guard/guide in the amazon, she didn't underestimate him! He literally just betrayed her at the very last second.

Honestly unbelievable that this was released. Why didn't they tax write off this one?

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 17, 2024

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I've not actually watched this movie.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Loved this. I haven't seen any Marvel movies since the first Avengers but this looked uniquely bad so I had to. It didn't disappoint. Every performance is as strange as the clips make them seem, the decisions in the movie are baffling and it's just a really funny bad movie. Best of all it feels like a two hour pilot to a 90s TV series, especially the ending. It's just a wonderfully odd film to watch. It does builld tension pretty well though, so you aren't ever feeling bored even when there aren't funny line reads going on.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Loved it. Absolute banger.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I caught it yesterday for my birthday and, yes technically it was a bad film for the reasons stated but it was also a charming bad film.

Edit
If you told me it was a pilot episode for a Disney TV show about orphan Spider Girls and their psychic blind mom I'd believe you and I'd set my expectations that low.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 18, 2024

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

to be fair, these fireworks were strong enough to bust thru walls like a rocket launcher

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I kinda think most actors would just be very unlikeable reading bad lines but Dakota Johnson really shows how far charisma can take you. The thing almost looks watchable.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Also I really cant believe the character’s last name is Web. Like, not even a first name where they could explain the coincidence away. It’s a last name. How did this pass the supervision of all the creatives and producers.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Vegetable posted:

Also I really cant believe the character’s last name is Web. Like, not even a first name where they could explain the coincidence away. It’s a last name. How did this pass the supervision of all the creatives and producers.

she sees the future and her name is Cassandra

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vegetable posted:

Remind yourself who directed the Garfield movies

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Did they force Dakota Johnson to star in this film at gunpoint or what? It seems like she's done nothing but burn this production every chance she gets - I mean gently caress I don't blame her, by all accounts its a dumpster fire, but how did she even get involved in the first place?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Did they force Dakota Johnson to star in this film at gunpoint or what? It seems like she's done nothing but burn this production every chance she gets - I mean gently caress I don't blame her, by all accounts its a dumpster fire, but how did she even get involved in the first place?

I’m not a Hollywood expert, but I imagine having the lead in a Marvel Comic book movie (it’s Sony but still a Marvel property) is very lucrative. You get paid for the gig, backend points, a slice of the pie from merchandizing, etc.

My guess is once the thing actually went into production she realized this thing is a giant turd and is doing all this funny poo poo ‘promoting’ the movie.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

I assume she was following her agents' advice. Who she later fired.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

She’s also just not shy about making GBS threads on her own movies. She dumped hard on Fifty Shades and was very public about how she hated her costar. Then she went on to do two sequels with him. I guess it’s kinda nice that anyone can do that and still get big jobs.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
By all accounts, this movie is indeed a big job.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

She said the script was massively rewritten after she signed on.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wonder what the first script was like

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/Moltedomen/status/1759041403785494887?t=9_YogJxdvqjIrQrmrRGQOg&s=19

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

This was astonishingly bad. Worst thing I've seen in years. Below Morbius and it's not even close

I had a great time.

E: For some reason the part that keeps coming back to me is right before a car chase set piece there's a shot of the villain running on top of a car and then clearly doing a little crouch and putting his hand up like he's about to shoot a web to swing with and then it cuts. He follows them by just... jumping from car to car? I guess the very concept of web-swinging was forbidden?

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 18, 2024

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
It’s crazy the villain being completely ADR’d made it into a big-budget, theatrically released Marvel movie. Full-on lips not matching what we’re hearing, back turned to the camera to hide his face. It’s egregiously bad.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/LiamFennessy_/status/1758980552185479636

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
News coming up that they are cancelling the Web sequels which lol but also this movie cost at least 20 million dollars more than reported. Low hundred millions. Probably tried to hide that as how cansonethibg that expensive look so cheap.

Still haven't decided to shelve Kraven though.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
They already had sequels lined up? Lol

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm sure they planned solo movies for every Web-person

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

MacheteZombie posted:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/madame-web-bomb-killed-sony-franchise-1235829471/

They had planned a FRANCHISE

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Cocaine still rules Hollywood

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

This coulda been the Year of Web! Instead it's gonna be a year of jack poo poo.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I would’ve watched a Julia Carpenter Spider-Woman movie. And an Arana movie! And even a whatever the third one was movie.

I guess modern audiences still aren’t interested in movies that tell women’s stories :(

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

josh04 posted:

This coulda been the Year of Web! Instead it's gonna be a year of jack poo poo.

both come from a butt

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

rare Magic card l00k posted:

both come from a butt

Incorrect, spider webs are produced by an organ called a spinneret.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Speaking of Sony retooling because women don't matter

https://www.themarysue.com/amazons-...enough-already/

They've fired everyone on Silk because it's not erotic and sexy enough so it's being remade for a "male audience"

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Give us a middle aged spider person. A Julia Louis-Dreyfus or an Adam Sandler. Someone who gets winded from all the swinging and decides to take the bus. :cmon:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Lid posted:

Speaking of Sony retooling because women don't matter

https://www.themarysue.com/amazons-...enough-already/

They've fired everyone on Silk because it's not erotic and sexy enough so it's being remade for a "male audience"

After almost two decades of superhero movies that are completely sexless minus the occasional Men’s Health cover style male shirtless scene, I am totally fine with someone trying to make attractive people in spandex sexy again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Superheroes have fallen, now sandworms will rule the cinema.