Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

one of this year's contenders for biggest mess is about to come out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_76M4c4LTo
“He was with my mom in the Amazon when she was researching spiders right before she died.” - Madame Web

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1755310212808835264

anyway, i'm sure it'll be more boring than outright bad, but whatever, Sony keeps putting out these weird spiderman adjacent films and god bless em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Venom and Venom 2 were good. Sony’s Spider-Manless Spider-Man movies so far have been more good than bad. I bet Madame Web will be fun.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Venom 2 was a mess but I did think venom was a fun time.

We don't talk about morbin

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I'm hoping it's outright terrible, boring would be even worse.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Neo Rasa posted:

Why not hope it’s good?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

I am excited for Madame Webb, the film.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Why not hope it’s good?

Hope (that Madame Web will be good) is a mistake. That said I am very excited to see it.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Massive "Web-head" here and I'm so excited to see Madame Web AND her iconic dead mom on the big screen!!!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dakota and Sweeney are two of my fav modern actresses, I'd love for this to be good. I probably won't be able to catch it for at least another month though because this month is loving stacked for me locally for some reason (in addition to Dune at the end of the month, my closest theater is finally playing Poor Things and The Zone of Interest, and also playing Kurosawa's Ran for one night only)

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Move over King Kong! There's a new king in Tinseltown and by king I mean a queen and by queen I mean a madame: Madame Web, that is!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

My sister-in-law wants to see this and it sounds like we are being roped into seeing it.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*

Gripweed posted:

Why not hope it’s good?

any hope dies after seeing the trailer

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

GateOfD posted:

any hope dies after seeing the trailer

They made a superhero movie and then saw how superhero movies are doing now so they decided to market it as an action thriller and downplay the superheroes as much as possible. That’s why the marketing is so weird. Presumably there’s a bunch of superhero action in the movie that they don’t want to show or talk about.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Speaking of which will they have a post credits scene with Kraven or not lol

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
i think they said that its set in its own universe, separate from Sony's venomverse

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Neo Rasa posted:

Speaking of which will they have a post credits scene with Kraven or not lol

Since it’s about a lot of Spider-women, a cameo from Spider-Verse Spider-Woman would be appropriate.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Post-credits scene with the Morb.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Reminder that this movie is set in 2003 so probably no cameos from other Sony comic book movies.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
The terrible secret of Morbius is that it’s fine, and certainly no worse than most MCU movies.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Neo Rasa posted:

whatever the others have been none of them were boring.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Pirate Jet posted:

The terrible secret of Morbius is that it’s fine, and certainly no worse than most MCU movies.

The term 'mid' is a great term because it captures that being by the numbers trite is in many ways worse than being a complete failure. I'm convinced gen z came up with it partly as a reaction to being raised on Marvel movies and in a general era of professionally made, but boring Content.

Morbius is painfully mid and very short in a weird way that suggests it was cut down to the bare bones it needed to function to get released into cinema and that theres a much more interesting and hilarious cut out there.

massive spider fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 11, 2024

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Including these two weird and hilarious ads for WEB!, who I cant wait to win the 2016 Republican primary.

https://twitter.com/SpiderMan_Newz/...ingawful.com%2F

https://twitter.com/LightsCameraPod...ingawful.com%2F

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

muscles like this! posted:

Reminder that this movie is set in 2003 so probably no cameos from other Sony comic book movies.

I mean, the Flash was theoretically set in 2013.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Reminder that this being set in 2003 was only done in reshoots. I think originally it was 1997 or something? Maybe even earlier? So expect no pop culture references to 2003 as it was an unnecessary reshoot choice.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I was planning on making this thread but MZ beat me to the punch which is not a problem at all but my joke was gonna be that I’d name the thread “Dakota Johnson’s Press Tour for Madame Web” and make it a thread dedicated to that and end the OP with “I guess you can also talk about the movie here.” Welp cya.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

I like how she brings the exact level of confidence that a prediction like that deserves (none).

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
ROFL.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

"Her web connects them all", what an awful tagline.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

gimme web

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Pirate Jet posted:

I would watch Morbius over the Doctor Strange sequel any day of the week, and I love Sam Raimi. The MCU deserves its reckoning, even though I thought The Marvels was fine-ish, too. Outside of the first Guardians I was getting tired of the MCU all the way back with Iron Man 2.

As for Madame Web... I might use it to justify my Alamo Drafthouse Season Pass subscription, but ehhhhhhhhh

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Morbius justified its existence with that single Matt Smith dance scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL2FWc29fC0

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Dakota Johnson is doing more to keep this film in public discourse than anything else.

massive spider posted:

The term 'mid' is a great term because it captures that being by the numbers trite is in many ways worse than being a complete failure. I'm convinced gen z came up with it partly as a reaction to being raised on Marvel movies and in a general era of professionally made, but boring Content.

tbh I suspect they didn't know about the word "mediocre" and just created a term to mean the same thing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hasturtium posted:

I would watch Morbius over the Doctor Strange sequel any day of the week, and I love Sam Raimi. The MCU deserves its reckoning, even though I thought The Marvels was fine-ish, too. Outside of the first Guardians I was getting tired of the MCU all the way back with Iron Man 2.

As for Madame Web... I might use it to justify my Alamo Drafthouse Season Pass subscription, but ehhhhhhhhh

Dr strange 2 rules. It’s stupid as hell and there’s a lot of Raimisims and it shits on wandavision which stunk

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
I watched a video essay about how the MCU and Sonyverse/Venomverse/Spidervillainverse tie together that revolved around how (Loki season 2 spoiler) Loki revealed that the MCU multiverse is now a tree, which would make the Sonyverse a web on one of the branches of the tree, with Madame Web at the centre.

And I'm like sure, why the gently caress not? Continue making baffling and terrible decisions, Sony. Make this whole thing as convoluted and confusing as possible, stuffed full of actors who clearly couldn't give less of a poo poo.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

MacheteZombie posted:

Venom 2 was a mess but I did think venom was a fun time.

We don't talk about morbin

Venom 2 actually lost something when they got a director in on the joke. The first Venom was so fun because it was watching the filmmakers lose control of the film to Tom Hardy in real time, like the cast was rebelling against the entire concept.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
The Kraven film is going to end with the main actor storming off set mid climactic-set-piece, angrily calling his agent, and slamming the door to his trailer, accompanied by a hard cut to credits.

This won't be a fourth wall break, it will just be where filming ended for the movie.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.

TrixRabbi posted:

Venom 2 actually lost something when they got a director in on the joke. The first Venom was so fun because it was watching the filmmakers lose control of the film to Tom Hardy in real time, like the cast was rebelling against the entire concept.

I haven't seen Venom 2 but quite enjoyed Venom 1 because it's abundantly clear that Hardy has nothing but contempt for the character. His performance is completely ridiculous, at times he sounds like Droopy, and the script has golden moments like Venom bellowing "ON MY PLANET I AM A LOSER". He reminds me a lot of the extremely goofy version of Venom that's in the PS1 Spider-Man game.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Hasturtium posted:

I would watch Morbius over the Doctor Strange sequel any day of the week, and I love Sam Raimi.

This opinion is so bad it should be grounds for a 72-hour psych hold

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

McSpanky posted:

This opinion is so bad it should be grounds for a 72-hour psych hold

Look, the performances of the Wandavision kids in Doctor Strange 2 alone were bad enough to make me wonder why I was wasting my life in the theater, and I watch shot on VHS 80s bullshit on the regular. I’m at work, I can’t lay out all the ways the movie was awful, but lousy as Morbius was, Strange 2 could have been something, and that’s what makes it less pleasant for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Adrianics posted:

I haven't seen Venom 2 but quite enjoyed Venom 1 because it's abundantly clear that Hardy has nothing but contempt for the character. His performance is completely ridiculous, at times he sounds like Droopy, and the script has golden moments like Venom bellowing "ON MY PLANET I AM A LOSER". He reminds me a lot of the extremely goofy version of Venom that's in the PS1 Spider-Man game.

https://www.indiewire.com/features/general/tom-hardy-venom-role-interview-1201983841/

I don't think he has contempt for the character, he's just having fun.

Tom Hardy is a pretty out there guy in some ways, he famously admitted to being a rentboy for acting experience and wrote a TV series where he plays the main character and a big goal of the main character (which he sees through) is to seduce his hot half-sister. Actors!