Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

fuckingtest
Mar 31, 2001

Just evolving, you know?
Right Here, Right Now.

dr_rat posted:

Yeah, the guy running it is a known scientologist influencer/scammy dude.

If it wasn't for the scintology connection I'd say good for them.

If this is being run by the "Cardone" family. Hoo boy...

I did some freelance video editing and after effects work a few years ago for an associate of "Grant Cardone" who is a "Sales trainer and Financial Growth Speaker" who tells people how they too, can be succesful by following his guided lessons on selling!

So one of Grant Cardone's people reaches out to me and says that he is really interested in my work and would like to see more of my portfolio. I send them some links and they respond saying "This looks great! Can we get a sample project done for mr. Cardone?"

ME: "Sample project?"
Cardones lackey: "Yes. We would like to see a 30 second clip of something you could do, an intro for one of Grant Cardone's videos with some cool effects and music!"
ME: "Ok, well my going rate for this type of work is $xxx/hr and I will need some assets if you can send me some un-compress.."
CL: "No, no, no, we mean, like an audition to work for mr. Cardone. This would be a project to show mr. Cardone your work and for possible employment."
ME: "Possible employment? This is what I already do for a living, I need to be compensated for my time and effort, don't you agree?"
CL: "Well, I will have to run this by mr. Cardone and see what he says, unfortunately, I think I already know the answer..."
ME: "Well you have yourself a nice day!"

Now a 30-second clip many not seem like much until you realize that editing, adding music, sounds, and motion graphics can take weeks and is absolutely not something you "audition" for. That's what your portfolio is...An audition. By showing your previous work and then giving a short summary to a possible employer of how the projects shown were completed, you are showing you can hack it.

Anyways, the guys a huge douche, his people are huge douches, and thanks for listening to my rambling. Also, this is what he has to say about Trumbo's case:

https://twitter.com/GrantCardone/status/1758960254430085394

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

fuckingtest posted:

I did some freelance video editing and after effects work a few years ago for an associate of "Grant Cardone" who is a "Sales trainer and Financial Growth Speaker" who tells people how they too, can be succesful by following his guided lessons on selling!

So one of Grant Cardone's people reaches out to me and says that he is really interested in my work and would like to see more of my portfolio. I send them some links and they respond saying "This looks great! Can we get a sample project done for mr. Cardone?"

Cardones lackey: "Yes. We would like to see a 30 second clip of something you could do, an intro for one of Grant Cardone's videos with some cool effects and music!"
ME: "Ok, well my going rate for this type of work is $xxx/hr and I will need some assets if you can send me some un-compress.."
CL: "No, no, no, we mean, like an audition to work for mr. Cardone. This would be a project to show mr. Cardone your work and for possible employment."
ME: "Possible employment? This is what I already do for a living, I need to be compensated for my time and effort, don't you agree?"
CL: "Well, I will have to run this by mr. Cardone and see what he says, unfortunately, I think I already know the answer..."

Now a 30-second clip many not seem like much until you realize that editing, adding music, sounds, and motion graphics can take weeks and is absolutely not something you "audition" for. That's what your portfolio is...An audition. By showing your previous work and then giving a short summary to a possible employer of how the projects shown were completed, you are showing you can hack it.

Anyways, the guys a huge douche, his people are huge douches, and thanks for listening to my rambling. Also, this is what he has to say about Trumbo's case:

This guy looks like Lead Posioning made flesh

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

fuckingtest posted:

But think of all the exposure you missed!!!!@!@!@!@!!

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
lol

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1758936934716465491

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The Morita Assault Rifle appears to be firing clear over Jack Posobiec's head.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Lmao irony is truly dead

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

I can't read the full X (the term formerly known as a "Tweet") but is he just admitting he does fraud like how Trump did fraud? LOL.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

tek79 posted:

I can't read the full X (the term formerly known as a "Tweet") but is he just admitting he does fraud like how Trump did fraud? LOL.

The only thing not shown in the full tweet is his website. It is still the "it can't be fraud because the banks have to do their own assessment!" bullshit

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

fuckingtest posted:

Should have agreed to do it
then sent them 30 seconds of farts

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

tek79 posted:

Yeah, this is basically saying that the rot in real estate runs deep and we should be going at it with a chainsaw.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

If you let me con you, it's your fault!!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

tek79 posted:

I believe they're called X-crements now.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Yeah the Trumps are going to raid the war chest
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1759242996598387192

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Guessing the Cameo taps are drying up since the novelty of the thing has aged out.

And Trumps running the RNC means an object lesson in ‘trickle-down’ economic theory for anyone down-ballot

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Roundup Ready posted:

Should have agreed to do it
then sent them 30 seconds of farts

Not that this should even remotely surprise anyone but crypto grifters love this guy and follow him.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
"im doing my part!"
*stares at another pissing cock*

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

kazil posted:

Yeah the Trumps are going to raid the war chest
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1759242996598387192

"I will make sure that every single penny donated to the RNC goes to ... Donald Trump"

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Monica Bellucci posted:

Nah he ain't getting lent poo poo no more.
Ages ago now, but this was loving amazing. :golfclap:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1759252203510903069?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

Gonna be some good truthin’ tonight.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Renreeja posted:

I wonder by this point how much trump has bought into his own cult koolaid. I can understand his weird rich kid life giving him a warped view of the law but at this point his misunderstanding is so extreme we are def talking a "was president" and "dementia" x5 modifiers to his delusions

Be careful who you pretend to be...

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Nikki Haley has some of the hugest balls in the GOP and it owns. And to think, all it took was NOT bending the knee.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Waffle House posted:

Nikki Haley has some of the hugest balls in the GOP and it owns. And to think, all it took was NOT bending the knee.

Nikki Haley is doing this as a desperate attempt and will bend the knee and kiss Trump's rear end after SC

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Waffle House posted:

:chloe:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

fuckingtest posted:

Stating the obvious here, but I’m guessing that the project was for a 30 second intro. If you did this for free, would they just be able to use it and you have no recourse?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Waffle House posted:

except she started being anti Don 0.1 seconds before Don wins the nom.

also just want to complain again nitter is dying and goons should screen cap bird posts or copypaste the text ones.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

I saw that movie when I was loving 12 and I “got it”. What the gently caress is wrong with some people.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Waffle House posted:

Did you miss the part where she dodged the question about whether or not she'd endorse his candidacy if she doesn't win the nomination?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Apollodorus posted:

I saw that movie when I was loving 12 and I “got it”. What the gently caress is wrong with some people.

They’re literally fascists.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
You don't, in fact, have to hand to her

One of the shittiest people on earth known for doing lovely things repeatedly and never actually doing a good thing: "Trump bad"
Goons: :hearteyesemoji:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Willatron posted:

Did you miss the part where she dodged the question about whether or not she'd endorse his candidacy if she doesn't win the nomination?

Oh. Yeah, I did, please unironically pardon me; after a lifetime of being American I don't click Talking Head videos and rely heavily on osmosis. That was not clear on a skim, no.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Professor Shark posted:

Stating the obvious here, but I’m guessing that the project was for a 30 second intro. If you did this for free, would they just be able to use it and you have no recourse?
Depends on whether there'd be a contract upon submission, likely they'll have tried to weasel in the verbiage to make it a "work for hire" that gives them full rights and you get whatever they give you, i.e., nothing because it's a scam. As likely, because they're scumbags, they'd take it, splice it into their products and say it doesn't meet standards and dare you to sue them, assuming you ever see the final project anyway.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Even a broken clock can be correct twice a day, not that Republicans and Magasharts have the brains to comprehend the consequences of stealing the election money to pay Trmpu's legal bills

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Apollodorus posted:

If you're missing the ability to interpret art, you're probably also going to have limited empathic ability and imagination. All traits which cohere into the RWA/fash mindset

fuckingtest
Mar 31, 2001

Just evolving, you know?
Right Here, Right Now.

Professor Shark posted:

Likely they wouldn't because there would be copyright on my end since I created the art/animation/editing (despite it featuring Cardone) and I gave them no use, but knowing how big of an rear end in a top hat this guy is the chances of him using it would be pretty high, and then what, I sue him for copyright infrigement?

Not likely I'd see a dime, and by then they would have gotten the views they wanted on Youtube or TikTok and I'd have wasted several days/weeks. On the other hand, I'd be able to use it in my portfolio! EXPOSURE!

EDIT: Also what the rainbow wolf said.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Waffle House posted:

Nikki Haley has some of the hugest balls in the GOP and it owns.

:yikeseroo:

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Failed Imagineer posted:

If you're missing the ability to interpret art, you're probably also going to have limited empathic ability and imagination. All traits which cohere into the RWA/fash mindset

Honestly the people I'm aware of that aren't named Jack Posobiec who didn't understand the movie (like back when it came out) simply thought, "lol that movie was campy and stupid", not whatever his weird fascist bible take is

If you still don't understand the movie, yeah...

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

fuckingtest posted:

EDIT: Also what the rainbow wolf said.

lol you kinda have to narrow that down

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Jelly posted:

Honestly the people I'm aware of that aren't named Jack Posobiec who didn't understand the movie (like back when it came out) simply thought, "lol that movie was campy and stupid", not whatever his weird fascist bible take is

If you still don't understand the movie, yeah...

"As a right-winger, you see, it's considered Party to cut my foot to fit the shoe of it."

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Data Graham posted:

lol you kinda have to narrow that down

I assure you I never have anything useful to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

It’s entertaining to watch Haley attack trump and of course she’s going to endorse him when he wins.

That shouldn’t be a surprise, that’s the norm. That’s what adult, party politicians are supposed to do no matter what happens in the primaries. It’s weird she wouldn’t just say that.