Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

kalel posted:

alamo is playing existenz this week. people itt were posting about it a while ago, is it actually worth seeing in the theater or were you all just trolling

It’s good. What if the matrix was a little weirder and more if an indie movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

who would have thought "it's a battle between the world's most beloved brands and the forces of darkness" would go on to describe every tentpole release a decade later

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

colonelwest posted:

I love me some Mads Mikkelson and I’ve been wanting to see this for a while, but the theaters playing it near me only had a version with German subtitles. It’s hitting streaming later this month though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H-PcfGlB6I

I just saw this last week and quite enjoyed it. I'm not normally drawn to these kind of historical melodramas, but the director previously hooked me with a movie called A Royal Affair (another kind of movie I'd not typically be too interested in).

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Content fuckos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzJqarYU5Io

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Well I am glad Mike is amusing himself

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I was excited for Mr Plinkett's return but that got boring after about 30 seconds.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Who doesn't want 30 minutes of carpet mistakes and mislabeled doors in TNG?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
this is premium content :colbert:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Mike watching the blu ray and realizing the thing he devoted his life to was a hastily duct taped together flap of cardboard. Sobbing, he downs another ale and clicks purchase now on his next vintage crew uniform auction.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Plinkett content everyone's been clamoring for.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
I'm glad he finally got his wish to make a super pedantic video about TNG's production and set mistakes that he keeps noticing.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I'm more surprised by that ferengi crew member

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

This is beautiful. Almost as good as the dinosaur hands in Tammy and the T-Rex

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
in Buffy, Seth Green plays a werewolf with a punk band. at some point, someone asks him if it's hard to play guitar, and he replies 'Not the way I do it'. Seth Green does not play guitar.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become Cinema Sins.

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

This is a low

mystes
May 31, 2006

reignofevil posted:

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become Cinema Sins.
lol

I wonder if they just made this to troll people who were complaining about their recent content

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
This video is great. So many reflections

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

If only Mike had self reflected for a moment before making that video
*slide whistle*

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Mike could’ve solved cold fusion if he’d spent this level of attention to detail and tireless work ethic on something that wasn’t slipped together in a rush by a cast and crew that didn’t care what they were doing

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

poisonpill posted:

Mike could’ve solved cold fusion if he’d spent this level of attention to detail and tireless work ethic on something that wasn’t slipped together in a rush by a cast and crew that didn’t care what they were doing

but enough about space cop

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

tbh as long as they keep the BOTW content coming I couldnt care less what else they do to fill in their slate for the year

But if I don't get at least a Halloween and a Christmas BOTW, then theyre getting a Strongly Worded Email

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it's kind of scary the things that mike notices

must be hell

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

god, can you imagine spending your life noticing every single little thing about the stuff you watch

anyway, anyone else notice that the music at the end was the same song that mike did The Floss to in Best Of The Worst: Wheel Of The Worst #24 (2023, ed. M. Stoklasa)

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

kalel posted:

alamo is playing existenz this week. people itt were posting about it a while ago, is it actually worth seeing in the theater or were you all just trolling

Absolutely see it. The "whoah I'm Hacking the Cyber" aspect has probably aged like milk but it's a very good Dickensian (Philip K.) riddle

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

This goes to show that the only time we get plinkett reviews is when mike is inspired by something. Minor production errors are now his only muse.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I like that not a single comment on that video is asking for a Rise of Skywalker Plinkett review.:lol:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

I like that not a single comment on that video is asking for a Rise of Skywalker Plinkett review.:lol:

I fully understand if Mike never wants to make that video

but TROS would be absolutely perfect for a Plinkett treatment. Maybe when the patreon money starts to dry up he can use it as a Break Glass In Case Of Emergency-type video

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
a TROS review would get tiresome after 10 minutes. How many times can plinkett say “this shits retarded because they didnt have a plan and JJ decided to make the movie move at light speed to try to trick the audience into not noticing”

“But your brain did”

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

The prequels were important to analyze because they represented a surprising inflection point in the franchise, and one from its very same original creator.

It's obvious and very crass at this point to analyze why Star Wars is the way that it is, currently. Even the typically satisfying pastime of pissing on studio executives for being greedy is Bad, because those folks will lump those vids into "brand engagement" and still not listen to the salient points. You'd be doing them a favor and further solidifying its superficiality.

The only way theyll change and take big swings is if people just stop talking about it altogether. Otherwise your vids, views, and clicks are all just more cement for the foundation.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
I got a hearty laugh when I saw what this video was. I was just watching some of the Picard Re:Views in the background the past couple days and this topic actually came up during their chat chat. Apparently Mike's had this project on the backburner for years, Rich asked about it and egged him on to complete it. And here we are.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

A Rise of Skywalker plunkett review would be awful because Mike clearly doesn’t care at all about it, and it would just be the most phoned-in effort ever. That one YouTube vid someone posted weeks ago piecing together how it was a mess of production and trying to figure out why the insane plot points were strung together like they are was pretty interesting, and probably the last word we need on the subject

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I have never not once ever looked at the little numbers and tiny words on the enterprise doors but thank god Mike has

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's amazing how Mike's brain catches black construction paper immediately but it also imagines Yoda in a thong doing a booty dance.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
lol current twitter discourse is about how starship troopers failed at being satire because the bugs are “ugly evil mindless killers” and the humans are “beautiful and virtuous” and if you believe the humans should do anything other than wipe out all the bugs then you didn’t understand the movie.

It’s like people irl fell for the in-film propaganda. Holy smokes.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Gutcruncher posted:

lol current twitter discourse is about how starship troopers failed at being satire because the bugs are “ugly evil mindless killers” and the humans are “beautiful and virtuous” and if you believe the humans should do anything other than wipe out all the bugs then you didn’t understand the movie.

It’s like people irl fell for the in-film propaganda. Holy smokes.
I'm glad I don't read twitter

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
whoa the site of now almost entirely (rather than the mostly it was previously) fascists missed the point of starship troopers?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

mystes posted:

I'm glad I don't read twitter

Let a forum without cinema discusso be the first to cast stones

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I could almost understand someone not getting starship troopers if it didn't have the newsreels, but those clearly underscore what the point is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

I just assumed this TNG mistakes video was cover for Mike to rewatch TNG to study up for trivia.